NFL's Domestic violence crackdown/ retired players/OJ

The National Football Leagues new stiff consequences for Domestic violence may open up an avenue for taking things one step further by also penalizing retired NFL players for being involved in Domestic violence or other more serious criminal acts after their careers are finsihed.

Players like OJ Simpson should not be in the Football HOF or on the Bills wall of fame IMO. Something should be done about it and perhaps nows the time to do it.

What say ye my fellow Bills fans?

Severe consequences for (any) violence is a good NFL policy.

However, I think that it's a fool's errand to try and go back through the years and try and take out players with questionable behaviors at this point.

No one would agree where the line is drawn.

The National Football Leagues new stiff consequences for Domestic violence may open up an avenue for taking things one step further by also penalizing retired NFL players for being involved in Domestic violence or other more serious criminal acts after their careers are finsihed.

Players like OJ Simpson should not be in the Football HOF or on the Bills wall of fame IMO. Something should be done about it and perhaps nows the time to do it.

What say ye my fellow Bills fans?

Describe this avenue. Is there any reason to actually think that the league's domestic abuse policy will remove players from the HoF?

Dogduck, the former King of the Shoutbox, who once had 348 consecutive "shouts", has a severe species identity crisis. I dislike lamb basting him as it might contribute to his self of steam, but it's probably just a mute point anyway. Is there any wonder why? See below for a picture of his parents and a recent one of him.

post-9928-0-39564100-1409862031_thumb.jpg

post-9928-0-01251000-1409862054_thumb.jpg

Severe consequences for (any) violence is a good NFL policy.

However, I think that it's a fool's errand to try and go back through the years and try and take out players with questionable behaviors at this point.

No one would agree where the line is drawn.

On our wall of fame, that is where the line should be drawn.

Its an honor to be on a wall of fame, just likes its an honor to be in the HOF.

Why should our HOFers be tarnished by thugs? Its not fair to the players that go on to lead mormal, productive lives in society IMO.

What kind of example do we set for our children by honoring criminals?

On our wall of fame, that is where the line should be drawn.

Its an honor to be on a wall of fame, just likes its an honor to be in the HOF.

Why should our HOFers be tarnished by thugs? Its not fair to the players that go on to lead mormal, productive lives in society IMO.

What kind of example do we set for our children by honoring criminals?

How do you determine which offenses warrant removal?

Edited by Rob's House

How do you determine which offenses warrant removal?

All Felony offenses warrant consideration IMO

Let living HOFers vote on it, because they are really the ones that have to put up with it the most..

If the vote goes above 50% wanting a removal, majority rules

Edited by Donald Duck

All Felony offenses warrant consideration IMO

Let living HOFers vote on it, because they are really the ones that have to put up with it the most..

If the vote goes above 50% wanting a removal, majority rules

I think you need to be more familiar with what convictions are considered felonies.

I think you need to be more familiar with what convictions are considered felonies.

I said all felonies warrant consideration Chef because I was not about to try and seperate which ones should warrant removal and which ones would not.

Let the players inducted into the HOF decide.

Not sure how you do this on a policy level. That said, hopefully the new ownership removes OJ from the wall on day 1. It's embarrassing.

Ridiculous. The man lifted the Bills and all of Buffalo on his shoulders and gave everyone there a reason to enjoy football and life again. After that he went on to take his star power to create memorable roles in the Naked Gun series. The man thrilled us, entertained us, and made us laugh for YEARS.

He has one bad day and you want to remove his name from the wall?

I said all felonies warrant consideration Chef because I was not about to try and seperate which ones should warrant removal and which ones would not.

Let the players inducted into the HOF decide.

Of course you weren't ready to seperate which ones warrant removal. You'll leave that to the other members of the "ole boys club". Yeah, that will be fun.

Edited by Chef Jim

Of course you weren't ready to seperate which ones warrant removal. You'll leave that to the other members of the "ole boys club". Yeah, that will be fun.

:lol:

The biggest reason I became attracted to football and the Buffalo Bills at an early age. My late Dad and older bro used to hoot and holler louder then I ever seen them yell watching this number 32 fella run up and down the field. Nobody could seem to catch him, I seen him run through airports jumping over seats to make his flight. Always had this big , beautiful smile that would light up a room.

My childhood hero, O.J. Simpson

I'm going to beat DC Tom now at his own game, so before he gets here.

I'm an idiot :nana:

Thanks, appreciate it. Good to know you've got my back...

...except for, y'know, that puts you behind me. Which is kind of creepy. I'll just be sure not to bend over.