I See This Chicago Game As Most Important in over 10 Years

BuffaloBaumer

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is an important game, but remember itt is the first game of the season and against a non-divisional non-conference team of questionable talent. I'm not ready to call it the most important in a decade.

If they win it, I can very reasonably see this turning into that game of importance. Of course the game means nothing more or less as it stands alone but a victory, a solid road victory against a legit Bears team to start the season will be gigantic.

It's an important game for MARRONE. I think he has finally figured out he cannot turn chicken schidt into chicken salad at qb. manuel better play well or all we will have to show for this regim,e is a lot of positional upgrades wasted by total mismanagement of the qb position. that's how you get fired.

It already appears as though most people are down on this team (and probably some players) before the season has even started. With the amount of talent that currently exists, doesn't that sound a little odd? Nobody really knows how good (or bad) this Bears team may be but as far as I'm concerned, there has not been a bigger, more important game in many years. If 12 year olds are booing this team in pre-season, how long before 70K plus turns on this team if things go South in the home opener. Now imagine what the atmosphere would be like if the team came home 1-0 after an impressive victory in Chicago. The confidence of the team and the electricity of the crowd would most likely compare to that of the Dallas Monday nighter a few years back.

I truly think more is riding on this Chicago game than many might believe. If there is to be a losing scenario, EJ has to look good in doing so. Is it only one game? Yes, but if there was ever ONE game to springboard a season, this is going to be it. I am looking at this one as a playoff game and as crazy as that may seem, if they pull it off, you are going to see a playoff like atmosphere in only week 2 of this ever so critical season.

Why? Why are you bringing this up?

I truly think more is riding on this Chicago game than many might believe. If there is to be a losing scenario, EJ has to look good in doing so. Is it only one game? Yes, but if there was ever ONE game to springboard a season, this is going to be it. I am looking at this one as a playoff game and as crazy as that may seem, if they pull it off, you are going to see a playoff like atmosphere in only week 2 of this ever so critical season.

I get your train of thought and I agree with it. I think people misunderstood what you are suggesting.

I don't know if it is the most important in 10 years, but I do agree that it could potentially be a lot more important than people are thinking right now. If the team plays like an average NFL team then I don't think this game will be considered all that important win or lose. However, if the team either plays "lights out good" or "horrifically bad" then yes I agree that this game will be very important at shifting momentum and fan opinions either for or against the team and for or against EJ.

The way the team presents itself on the field in this game will set the tone for what fans will expect the rest of the season or at least for the next few games.

It already appears as though most people are down on this team (and probably some players) before the season has even started. With the amount of talent that currently exists, doesn't that sound a little odd? Nobody really knows how good (or bad) this Bears team may be but as far as I'm concerned, there has not been a bigger, more important game in many years. If 12 year olds are booing this team in pre-season, how long before 70K plus turns on this team if things go South in the home opener. Now imagine what the atmosphere would be like if the team came home 1-0 after an impressive victory in Chicago. The confidence of the team and the electricity of the crowd would most likely compare to that of the Dallas Monday nighter a few years back.

At first I thought you were kidding. But then I read the rest of your posts.

I'm hoping for a win. Predicting a loss. Sticking to that.

As far as this game being the most bla bla bla in 10 years, that just simply is not true. We can blow them away 50-0 and still have a bad season and miss the playoffs. Or we can get beat 0-50 and have a good season and make the playoffs.

All games mean something. However, no game will MAGICALLY give you a "whole season" boost. That's not how it works.

Since there really have not BEEN any important games in the last 10 years, I don't think it's that much of a stretch to make this statement...

By this same logic, why would this one be so important then. No playoff implication (yet), no job on the line (yet). If anything it's actually quite opposite: "The most unimportant opening game in 10 years" Since they all have not meant anything, then this one shouldn't mean anything either.

At first I thought you were kidding. But then I read the rest of your posts.

I'm hoping for a win. Predicting a loss. Sticking to that.

As far as this game being the most bla bla bla in 10 years, that just simply is not true. We can blow them away 50-0 and still have a bad season and miss the playoffs. Or we can get beat 0-50 and have a good season and make the playoffs.

All games mean something. However, no game will MAGICALLY give you a "whole season" boost. That's not how it works.

By this same logic, why would this one be so important then. No playoff implication (yet), no job on the line (yet). If anything it's actually quite opposite: "The most unimportant opening game in 10 years" Since they all have not meant anything, then this one shouldn't mean anything either.

Well then I guess we'll just have to look back on this game after it's played. I still think you are missing the points of what I am saying because if there ever was a game to point at, I am suggesting it is this one. Now if the Bills beat the Patriots in NE and we have a winning record, maybe that will be the new, favorite game. But then again, maybe...just maybe you hear one of our players at the end of the season as they enter the playoffs say "that Bears game really set us in the right direction and we never looked back" - ya just never know

The first play from scrimmage in the Chicago game could very well be regarded as the biggest play in in NFL history when it's all said and done...

I think it will come down to Orton's first pass in pre game warmups. If his footwork is as good as Jordan Palmer's I expect EJ to be traded to the LA KISS for their backup long snapper by Monday morning

I've also never eaten a taco while standing naked in the middle of Central Park.

You should try it. Life altering experience

Every game is important but the OP does have a point. Coming out in the season opener and setting the tone would be huge for this organization. And the following week would be electric. This team does not need to be cautiously optimistic like the disgruntled fans of this board. Throw caution to the wind for a moment. See in your minds eye the Bills defeating Chicago and then look ahead to the effect this will have on the fans and the crowd when the Bills step onto the field at our home opener.

If you can't do that, you have lost something. And it ain't good.

The Bills will lose...but we wont be blaming EJ. The Bears offense is elite - too much for a Bills team still discovering who they are...

The Bear offense is no more elite than the defense they will be playing against.