I See This Chicago Game As Most Important in over 10 Years

BuffaloBaumer

It already appears as though most people are down on this team (and probably some players) before the season has even started. With the amount of talent that currently exists, doesn't that sound a little odd? Nobody really knows how good (or bad) this Bears team may be but as far as I'm concerned, there has not been a bigger, more important game in many years. If 12 year olds are booing this team in pre-season, how long before 70K plus turns on this team if things go South in the home opener. Now imagine what the atmosphere would be like if the team came home 1-0 after an impressive victory in Chicago. The confidence of the team and the electricity of the crowd would most likely compare to that of the Dallas Monday nighter a few years back.

I truly think more is riding on this Chicago game than many might believe. If there is to be a losing scenario, EJ has to look good in doing so. Is it only one game? Yes, but if there was ever ONE game to springboard a season, this is going to be it. I am looking at this one as a playoff game and as crazy as that may seem, if they pull it off, you are going to see a playoff like atmosphere in only week 2 of this ever so critical season.

You make a good point, sir. I myself, pointed out that I am glad we are opening on the road cuz god help him in Buffalo if he starts slow.... My god, he played 10 nfl games already, four in a row once. He should be just like peyton manning by now.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bills-Chargers is much more important. Chargers may contend for their division and certainly will be in the WC hunt. A head to head victory will be crucial in tie breakers and overall WC standings.

Barring a Brady injury the Pats will run away with this division. I don't think Bills make a WC spot without a win against Chargers and Chiefs.

In 2011, we blew out the Chiefs 41-7 on the road who unlike the '14 Bears made the playoffs the year before.

The bills would go on a 7 game losing streak that year.

The big win week 1, in the end, meant nothing.

If anything the win hurt the team by contributing to its signing of a weak armed journeyman to a franchise QB contract which it is still paying for.

Every game is big! A win or loss Sunday will not affect them wanting to kill some dolphins the next week.

That's just bottom line. If they lose the game, they will throw the towel and season??

Even as an emotional win the dolphin game is bigger. First game post ralph. Buffalo home opener. Divisional game.

The last game that puts us in or out of the playoffs will be more important.

Anyway, tired of making sense. Good night.

What would TBD be without hyperbole in every post that starts a new thread?

The outcome of this game may determine who the new owner of the Bills may be. Talk about the most important game in franchise history....

Every game is big! A win or loss Sunday will not affect them wanting to kill some dolphins the next week.

That's just bottom line. If they lose the game, they will throw the towel and season??

Even as an emotional win the dolphin game is bigger. First game post ralph. Buffalo home opener. Divisional game.

The last game that puts us in or out of the playoffs will be more important.

Anyway, tired of making sense. Good night.

yes, but we don't know what that last game is yet do we. I could sit here and say the next super bowl we play in will be most important but that wouldn't really fit here either.

Of course this game is big. It is the season opener. The Bears are not a dominant team. But the Bills, especially on offense have looked horrible this preseason. Marrone has to have the team ready to play this Sunday. It is as simple as that. The team needs to look confident in their game plan and execution from start to finish. That has not been the case since Marrone took over the team. Everything has looked very ragtag and unprofessional. The team looks like they have sleepwalked thru the preseason. Nothing we have seen out of this edition of the Bills has given us any indication that this is a team brimming w confidence and character. And ready to take the next step.

I am very curious what the game plan for Sunday will look like. We have NFL quality players, even on offense. It is a matter of the coaching staff putting in a creative and aggressive game plan. That has not happened under the Marrone regime. He has coached scared since taking over the team. That has to end on Sunday. It will start w the game plan. We have to keep the Bears defense off balance. Coaching is huge in the NFL. Marrone has to show the team he can lead, and outcoach an opponent. The jury is out, and the verdict will start coming in on Sunday. Go Bills.

Exactly my point....if they come home after an ass kicking and EJ looks bad, that stadium will turn so freaking fast with EJ's very first Int. This game (division or no division) could represent the the first MAJOR step that needs to be taken. I think the coaching staff may need it more than anybody else too.

Sorry, but I can't place too much importance on the first game of the season. I understand what you are saying, but if they lose this game and win the home opener, they are still 1-1. And likewise if they win this one and lose at home, then they are still 1-1. All games are important and it would be great to get off to a good start, but this team must learn to be consistently good, week in and week out if they are ever to get over the hump.

If they win it, I can very reasonably see this turning into that game of importance. Of course the game means nothing more or less as it stands alone but a victory, a solid road victory against a legit Bears team to start the season will be gigantic.

I agree with you in that we are in a terrible emotional slump given preseason (and particularly qb) performance to date and a good solid win would go a long way toward reversing what I suspect is an unwarranted conclusion that we actually are as terrible as we have looked. I for one think we are better than we looked (not a huge leap given how terrible we actually looked) and might finish up in the middle of the pack. We win two or three of the first four and I might even get more excited.

The first play from scrimmage in the Chicago game could very well be regarded as the biggest play in in NFL history when it's all said and done...

I'd say that first huddle is even more important. If EJ goes out there with his visor on he won't be able to look at his teammates eyes and they will lose all confidence in him. I could definitely see a strip sack in that scenario.

I'd say that first huddle is even more important. If EJ goes out there with his visor on he won't be able to look at his teammates eyes and they will lose all confidence in him. I could definitely see a strip sack in that scenario.

This is a joke right?

This is a 16 game marathon not a one game sprint......

It is a road game with a young team that is still finding itself against a veteran team in a tough division.

Dont jump off niagra if we dont win this first one

I agree with you in that we are in a terrible emotional slump given preseason (and particularly qb) performance to date and a good solid win would go a long way toward reversing what I suspect is an unwarranted conclusion that we actually are as terrible as we have looked. I for one think we are better than we looked (not a huge leap given how terrible we actually looked) and might finish up in the middle of the pack. We win two or three of the first four and I might even get more excited.

You know...its interesting how we keep hearing this after every game and then when people actually go back and watch the film that see that the QB play was not as bad as it seemed.....receivers dropping balls.....no running game......big plays called back by penalties.....receivers falling down on routes......bland....like REALLY bland offensive game plan......

Then they say the QB play didnt look that bad.

The only thing you can take from this pre season is we came out of it relatively healthy except for Kiko who we didnt have from the jump.

This is a 16 game marathon not a one game sprint......

It is a road game with a young team that is still finding itself against a veteran team in a tough division.

Dont jump off niagra if we dont win this first one

You know...its interesting how we keep hearing this after every game and then when people actually go back and watch the film that see that the QB play was not as bad as it seemed.....receivers dropping balls.....no running game......big plays called back by penalties.....receivers falling down on routes......bland....like REALLY bland offensive game plan......

Then they say the QB play didnt look that bad.

The only thing you can take from this pre season is we came out of it relatively healthy except for Kiko who we didnt have from the jump.

I honestly could not even begin to guess if EJ is going to be good enough or not. He has played so little that it is surprising that so many have written him off (maybe rightly so). Having said that, I would have never traded up to get a receiver (no matter how good he is) until the organization was convinced they have their franchise QB.