Week 1: Bears' Game Preparation

26CornerBlitz

I'd just like to point out that in two games against the Bears with Cutler last season, Schwartz's Lions held them to 16 points through the first 3 quarters of the first game (allowing Lions to go up 40-16) and 19 points total in the second game. Cutler had 4 INTs over those two games.

I think Schwartz has Cutler's number and he'll be calling it all day long on Sunday.

I agree. I think it is far more likely that Cutler throws three interceptions than he throws three touchdowns against the Bills Defenses. Bills fans should be more optimistic about this game.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was listening to ESPN on the way home from work and they were interviewing the Bears "beat reporter" about the game Sunday. He didn't give the Bills any chance at all. Thinks the Bears D is far better than last year, with Watkins hurt the Bills WR core is average and Manuel is below average. He also thinks the Bears WRs may be the best unit in the NFL this season and with no Byrd and Gilmore hurting he figures Cutler and those WRs will have their way with the Bills secondary.

Lets hope the Bills show more Sunday than they have so far and make this guy rethink everything.

Edited by CodeMonkey

Was listening to ESPN on the way home from work and they were interviewing the Bears "beat reporter" about the game Sunday. He didn't give the Bills any chance at all. Thinks the Bears D is far better than last year, with Watkins hurt the Bills WR core is average and Manuel is below average. He also thinks the Bears WRs may be the best unit in the NFL this season and with no Byrd and Gilmore hurting he figures Cutler and those WRs will have their way with the Bills secondary.

Lets hope the Bills show more Sunday than they have so far and make this guy rethink everything.

The Bears WRs are the best, but their O line is among the worst, while our D line may be the best. I don't think Cutler will make much happen when we are in his face all game.

Doug Marrone's Thursday Press Conference <5:14>

Doug Marrone addressed the media on Thursday. He discussed injuries, kick returners, and how he compares Preston Brown to Kiko Alonso.

Bills Focus: OLine Together and Ready to Roll <5:00>

After dealing with injuries and shuffling along the offensive line, the Bills big men are healthy and ready to get rolling for the first time this weekend in Chicago.

C.J. Spiller: "kick return, a huge momentum swing" <3:09>

Bills running back C.J. Spiller talks about returning kickoffs and the impact it will have on the offense and the running game.

Mario Williams on the Addition of Brandon Spikes <5:06>

Mario Williams discusses the addition of Brandon Spikes and the importance of stopping the run.

Bills GM anxious to see team move forward

Good interview with Whaley.

i like this quote on EJ - " I think the way we’re going to use him and the way we’re building our offense, the fans, once we roll it out there the first game, will see why we weren’t in the panic mode that the fans are."

I also agree that orton basically just replaced Kolb.

@buffalobills

Doug Marrone on EJ Manuel: "I know he's getting better in year two, it's on tape...he's been more consistent and his accuracy is better"

Marrone on @CJSPILLER: "The more I can get him the ball, the more possibility of an explosive play"

Marrone on @BrandonSpikes51: "When he hits people, they go backwards" #PoWwWwW

@djdurkin

5 matchups to focus on in the #Bears-#Bills game: http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2014/09/04/bears-bills-5-matchups-to-watch/ …

I really like Doug Whaley. Isn't afraid to say he understands why fans are the way they are, doesn't insult them, but attempts to explain why the people "inside the room" aren't in panic mode. Very direct about the unexpected regression of Thad Lewis and disappointment in Alan Branch, and reassuring without being condescending about the development of EJ.

When El Pegual takes over I truly hope he gives Whaley the opportunity to continue building this team.

I really like Doug Whaley. Isn't afraid to say he understands why fans are the way they are, doesn't insult them, but attempts to explain why the people "inside the room" aren't in panic mode. Very direct about the unexpected regression of Thad Lewis and disappointment in Alan Branch, and reassuring without being condescending about the development of EJ.

When El Pegual takes over I truly hope he gives Whaley the opportunity to continue building this team.

i also like that he acknowledged the "panic mode" with the fans. Sometimes guys in his position sit up on their high horse and act oblivious.