Please name any Bills player that has defended EJ's play this seas

All you did was point out how many other posters have strayed from the OP's original question, in turn, further proving my point.

And you're halfway right, I haven't been posting for very long. But that does not mean that I haven't been reading for quite some time. So to assume that I don't "understand", as you say, is actually a pretty shallow assumption to make.

As far as you "still waiting to hear one", again, the OP was asking fellow board members for their knowledge of teammates public support regarding EJ Manuel. Yet you continue to ask him for his teammates public displeasure about EJ Manuel. This is the exact opposite of what the original post was about.

To answer the OP's question, I did a quick search and was unable to find any public statements from any of his teammates regarding their support. I am sure if I dug deeper, I would have found something. However, the fact that one would have to dig so deep to find public statements about his teammates support, suggests that they do not have a lot of faith in him. The lack of statements speaks volumes, IMO.

No one speaking up at all on the record here after almost all the QB's leaving at once leads me to believe that there's an issue. Even pointing out that we just spent more a season on our back-up than we do on our drafted QB simply makes me wonder what the team is thinking.

In a vacuum, it's a simple question and not bashing, though I'm not sure it means what you appear to imply.

When it's already been asked in other of your recent posts and you combine it with all your stuff about how Orton will be playing instead of EJ and anyone who disagrees with you is a fool and a "homer" the wheels are already off already and so forth and so on.... it's a crusade. Stop. Just. Stop.

The Glorious Crusade of Mitchmurraydowntown:

Bills v Tampa game thread

Posted by mitchmurraydowntown on 24 August 2014 - 05:56 PM in The Stadium Wall

Have teammates mention their support of EJ ? Did anyone go on twitter & say it's just a bad day or EJ is our man anytime during this camp ? Did the players say leadership or captain with EJ's name brought up at all ?? Where's the team's support of him, I'd like to hear it from the crew.

In Topic: [closed]If the front office wants to save their jobs...Start Orton asa Today, 02:23 PM

Orton is better than EJ right now, thinking anything different is fooling yourselves into being homers. Kyle has much more experience & has seen drastically more than EJ ever has in the NFL, he also is a winner & has decent to good stats to back up his body of work. One slight twitch or pull up by EJ will bring him out of the game, coaches choice to be careful.

Kyle Orton rumor [update : now signed] Posted by mitchmurraydowntown on 30 August 2014 - 07:07 PM in The Stadium Wall

EJ will see him start sooner than later.

Rotoworld's top 44 available QBs Posted by mitchmurraydowntown on 25 August 2014 - 07:33 PM in The Stadium Wall

#45 - EJ

#46 - Tuel

#47 - Thad

So is a multi-year NFL vet with proven winning stats / attributes better than EJ? Has EJ's teammates went off to support him in this sensitive time ?

Edited by mitchmurraydowntown

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No one speaking up at all on the record here after almost all the QB's leaving at once leads me to believe that there's an issue. Even pointing out that we just spent more a season on our back-up than we do on our drafted QB simply makes me wonder what the team is thinking.

you are aware that EJs salary was slotted, correct? He is under contract for at least 3 more years. Orton is a veteran. He will make whatever a team is willing to pay him. Tavaris Jackson makes about twice as much as russell Wilson and so on...

So is a multi-year vet with proven stats better than EJ? Has EJ's teammates went of to support him ??

i think it would be very weird for the players to voice their support for EJ to be the starter, when it has been stated already by the team and Orton himself that he is the backup.

i think it would be very weird for the players to voice their support for EJ to be the starter, when it has been stated already by the team and Orton himself that he is the backup.

No I don't think this would be weird at all, I think it'd be support.

Hey buddy. Mitchmurraydowntown:

click this link:

http://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2014/09/ej_manuel_buffalo_bills_captains.html

Pay attention to the statements of Jackson and Spikes. There's plenty of more examples. These are just "some". Now stop. This is enough evidence and I can provide plenty more. Enough.

Ok buddy? FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. GAME ONE can not get here fast enough.

Edited by buffaloriles

click this link:

http://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2014/09/ej_manuel_buffalo_bills_captains.html'>http://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2014/09/ej_manuel_buffalo_bills_captains.html

Pay attention to the statements of Jackson and Spikes. There's plenty of more examples. These are just "some". Now stop. This is enough evidence and I can provide plenty more. Enough.

click this link:

http://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2014/09/ej_manuel_buffalo_bills_captains.html

Fair, I like it. Was any of this in the past week or so ? After all the preseason games ended ? I just want to see non-practice related comments based on actual game play, you know that's our QB type support.

All you did was point out how many other posters have strayed from the OP's original question, in turn, further proving my point.

And you're halfway right, I haven't been posting for very long. But that does not mean that I haven't been reading for quite some time. So to assume that I don't "understand", as you say, is actually a pretty shallow assumption to make.

As far as you "still waiting to hear one", again, the OP was asking fellow board members for their knowledge of teammates public support regarding EJ Manuel. Yet you continue to ask him for his teammates public displeasure about EJ Manuel. This is the exact opposite of what the original post was about.

To answer the OP's question, I did a quick search and was unable to find any public statements from any of his teammates regarding their support. I am sure if I dug deeper, I would have found something. However, the fact that one would have to dig so deep to find public statements about his teammates support, suggests that they do not have a lot of faith in him. The lack of statements speaks volumes, IMO.

so you and the op cousins or something? You both seem to ignore the board responses demonstrating that players have supported ej and all their teamates. You also state your opinion, which again refuses to be informed by the facts supplied as support for the veracity of your opinion. Wait we have never seen you both in the same room at the same time! Hmmmm?

I think no news is good news on the "public statements" front, myself. Silence should be taken as consent, or at least as lack of perceived need to "spin" something.

On the contrary though, you know what they say, If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. If they are trying to build a winning culture, wouldn't they be using more positive reinforcements. Teammates speak highly in public about a QB and the fans get into it, in turn feeding the Support to the team. Players believe more in themselves, and therefore play with more confidence.

Fair, I like it. Was any of this in the past week or so ? After all the preseason games ended ? I just want to see non-practice related comments based on actual game play, you know that's our QB type support.

I want to see a non practice related, game time quote where EJ was praised by a teammate after he threw a pick and failed to tackle the defender which led to TD. Then, you have my permission to support EJ.

You don't like EJ, we get it.

Edited by The Wiz

Nice work replying to yourself there.

I want to see a non practice related, game time quote where EJ was praised by a teammate after he threw a pick and failed to tackle the defender which led to TD. Then, you have my permission to support EJ.

You don't like EJ, we get it.

I love him, hope he's our greatest asset everyday. If he's not, I hope there's wisdom enough to put a player in charge that can help us win right now. The great defense / great QB thing doesn't always match up, it can be a game managing player & a defense that gets results.

So is a multi-year NFL vet with proven winning stats / attributes better than EJ?

Through the end of 2013 season, here is a link to Orton's statistics

35W-34L 58.4% completions, 6.6 YPA, QBR 79.7

EJ Manuel, last year, 58.5% completions, 6.4 YPA, QBR 77.7. 3W-6L on a team with a run D that couldn't stop a nosebleed.

BTW, Kyle Orton as a rookie in his first 15 games: 51.6% completions, 5.1 YPA, QBR 51.6% (league lowest).

Do you really want to try to use Orton's stats to make an argument he's got "proven winning stats" and "attributes better than EJ"? Really? Really?

And don't bother about the durability thing until you acknowledge Orton's injury history as a full time starter.

The coaches & management are scrambling to get new QB's in house but I'd like to hear the EJ support from his teammates. Has any team members spoke up and said EJ is our QB or even mentioned leader ? The guy has been a hot mess this off-season, so are the players supporting him & his play ??

I don't have anything nice to say about this stupid thread. You are obviously not a full time Bills fan because you don't follow the team. If you did, you would have heard Woods, Watkins, Wood, CJ, Freddy, etc all say good things about him...hell even Jordan Palmer. So maybe consider not starting threads if you don't follow the team enough to know whats actually going on.

Edited by Alphadawg7

As far as you "still waiting to hear one", again, the OP was asking fellow board members for their knowledge of teammates public support regarding EJ Manuel.

I think it pertinent to consider why the OP is asking the question in the first place.

You may not get this reference but it seems to me that someone saying "The guy has been a hot mess this off-season, so are the players supporting him & his play ??".....is somewhat similar to asking "What have the Romans ever done for us?"

I am big on giving the benefit of doubt, but I think in this case there is no doubt to give benefit on. Had the OP said something like "I want EJ to be better than he appears. Have any players made statements of public support for him?" ......benefit of doubt would be all his.

(Notice only one "?"in my sentence.......two "?"s really does imply he is asking what the Romans have ever done for us.)

Why on earth would anyone go beyond the usual platitudes that express general support for EJ since on the face of it, the offenses 0 for 3+ games is clearly not defendable. No one with half a football brain (including the Whaley/ Merrone braintrust) had envisioned EJ as more than a PROJECT. He was the best PROJECT at QB in last year's QB poor class. It was really a choice between Geno Smith and EJ as the Bills had to go QB in the first round, but no one with any football intellect expected EJ to play like the QB we wanted without at least a season (16 starts) under his vbelt. Quite frankly a season and a half or maybe two full seasons of starts were likely to be needed to iron put his game.

The task confrontingWhaley/Merrone was not to draft a QB who would be where we want in his first season (or two more likely) Their task was o build a TEAM capable of competing for the playoffs with an inadequate QB as none was out there in the draft or FA.

The disappointment so far many feel about EJ says more about their lack of understanding of the game than it does about EJ. He was drafted as an inconsistent PROJECT with more upside than Smith and he remains a PROJECT with more upside than Smith ot other young QBs.