Tired of EJ Bashing by Media Types

Just read somewhere that EJ Manuel was the most disappointing player in the NFL this preseason. Lefty Esaison doesn't think EJ can cut it. People are trashing him right and left.

Tired of it.

It will be nice to see him play with a game plan and in a real football game. He did not look very good in preseason, but compared to the effort we saw from our backups and especially Palmer, he looked much more prepared.

I am hoping that they come out like gangbusters this weekend. Opening day is my 60th birthday. I would like to be happy all day that day.

I am emotionally prepared for another disappointment, though. It's sad to be accustomed to that, but it's part of being a Bills fan. Dealing with disappointment is a way of life.

Optimistic, but realistic. This could be a breakout season, or it could be one of those where people fall down on routes, fumble in overtime, drop passes in the end zone, throw 101 yard picks from the opponent's 1 yard line, blow 11 point leads in the last two minutes on MNF.

Back to EJ. Tell the media to kiss your ass, EJ and have a great season.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish it were just the media saying this. He seriously doesnt look like a very good QB in this league. I will use a honey-mustard marinade on my Crow if I am wrong but I dont think He'll be in the NFL for very long. He's a bad QB. Based on all the data so far.

I wish it were just the media saying this. He seriously doesnt look like a very good QB in this league. I will use a honey-mustard marinade on my Crow if I am wrong but I dont think He'll be in the NFL for very long. He's a bad QB. Based on all the data so far.

His rookie season stats do not indicate a "bad" QB: http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/ManuEJ00.htm

What do you expect them to say? EJ has not looked good in the preseason or when it mattered last year.

I'm tired of the excuses people continue to make for him.

Why is it other QBs can produce without a game plan in meaningless games? Is the Bills offense really that good that it doesn't need to practice and execute some of its plays in the preseason? Is Marrone and company really seeing enough quality execution in practice that he doesn't need to in preseason games?

The not showing anything in preseason is such garbage and nothing more then a lame excuse for teams that look horrible in the pre season. Why not utilize the preseason for what it is, real game practice to judge players and what you need to work on. Once you play a game the league has all the video they need on you anyway.

I hope I'm wrong but outside of a few plays I think we all know what kind of an offense we are going to see next week and it's not going to be much different if at all then we saw all last year.

Edited by Max997

honestly its to long of a pre season everyone knowing he needs to improve then he plays poorly (for many reasons) if his brief stints. "He's not any better" how do you know he's still only played 10 games. Negative radio is simple for simple people- open the phone lines- WGR right up their alley, don't work too hard guys. (don't worry we won't, minus Sal)

EJ is going to be awesome.and, going the entire pre season first half without a TD is pure genius coaching. legendary execution and smokescreens.

very few teams have the sack to to be so cunning in their pre season camp and play.

marrone has the league, fans, press, everyone so confused, that this could be a year for the ages.

Especially with new ownership coming in.

What bashing I have heard from the media is nothing compared to what I have read on this board over the last four weeks. Personally, I am tired of all of it - because it is pointless. Whatever your opinion may be, he is the QB of the Bills and that is not going to change. It is what it is. All we can do is support him, see how he performs this season, and have a better idea at the end of the year of whether or not he is capable of being a long term answer at QB.

Edited by billsfan1959

*Analysis does not apply to second Jets game, Carolina game, Ravens game, Atlanta game, etc etc. Offer not valid in Arkansas. May cause rash.

Yeah the Carolina game so many love bringing up where he got a gift at end otherwise would hv turned ball over for third consecutive drive.

Opinions are based on the overall product.

It is easy to criticize the bashers of EJ Manuel. The core problem is that EJ Manuel has played poorly. Don't criticize the messengers.

Solution: EJ Manuel starts playing like an NFL QB by producing results on the field.

Result: EJ plays well and the bashing will go away! It's a miracle!

The media are bandwagon jumpers. Play well and they jump on, play badly and they jump off.