How can you not at least root for Manual?

Upon reading the Buffalo News article I am rooting so hard for this guy. I know many are doubting the future but he's a very young guy trying to do things the right way at least and trying to be positive. I hope everyone is a little patient and supportive. There are so many QBs teams give up on that turn into solid players after a few years and I hope we don't miss out on that by giving up on a young player too early.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Upon reading the Buffalo News article I am rooting so hard for this guy. I know many are doubting the future but he's a very young guy trying to do things the right way at least and trying to be positive. I hope everyone is a little patient and supportive. There are so many QBs teams give up on that turn into solid players after a few years and I hope we don't miss out on that by giving up on a young player too early.

Who is Manual?

Being he is our first round QB, and our only hope for being competitive this year...I think it's safe to say that everyone here is "rooting" for EJ Manuel. Do we believe in him? That's another question and another story.

But, there is absolutely zero doubt that everyone here is "rooting" for the kid to succeed.

We have no other choice at the moment.

(My main gripe with him is that he does not have that "killer instinct" that the best QB's, and best players, have. He seems like too nice of a guy. Can anyone picture him getting in DJ Swearinger's face like Peyton did? I can't.)

EDIT: And I say "only hope" because without him being at least average, we have no chance IMO.

Edited by Bob Malooga

Some people actually hope Orton ends up starting. That's weird to me, because it means Buffalo will continue on the QB carousel. Why would you hope for that?

I hope Manuel puts it all together over the next couple of years.

Good post. Welcome to the madness of TSW.

Well, at least I'll never misspell Manuel again!

Well not on purpose.

TBD is learning fun !

yep they are all in. Till they are not . But for now. I dont think Marrone likes him actually. Hence the tunnel rampage/carnage blip.

Being he is our first round QB, and our only hope for being competitive this year...I think it's safe to say that everyone here is "rooting" for EJ Manuel. Do we believe in him? That's another question and another story.

But, there is absolutely zero doubt that everyone here is "rooting" for the kid to succeed.

We have no other choice at the moment.

(My main gripe with him is that he does not have that "killer instinct" that the best QB's, and best players, have. He seems like too nice of a guy. Can anyone picture him getting in DJ Swearinger's face like Peyton did? I can't.)

EDIT: And I say "only hope" because without him being at least average, we have no chance IMO.

so Hoping for average is where we are at ?

I can see that Bob !

I'm a manual guy. You're not really driving if it's an automatic.

I have a six speed close ratio Aisin in my 2007 Mazda. winds out around 170. so i like that.

I also a five speed auto in the MB station wagen .

It also has its place and gets things done comfotably albeit very slowly and boringly

Good post. Welcome to the madness of TSW.

So how do we feel about paddle shifters then ? Automatics driven Manuelly

I really like EJ. He seems like a great guy, and I guess when I finally see the paper today I'll be even more convinced of that.

But, I don't think he's going to be our guy, and wasn't and still am not happy about giving up our first next year.

Who are these guys? - "There are so many QBs teams give up on that turn into solid players after a few years"

I'd like to think it's possible.