Stop Wondering Why We Get No Respect

T master

Okay we all know that when it comes to choosing QB's it seems as though the Bills have a hard time with that position , but now it is bleeding over into other areas besides the offense of the team .

They HAD a guy that was making plays every time he stepped on the field through out training camp but decide to cut him that guy being Landon Cohen .

But they go out & sign not 1 but 2 kickers using that roster spot on a maybe instead of keeping a very productive player for defensive depth that to me is confusing .

I saw Morman this year at St. John Fisher & he was booming some kicks yet after BLOWING another draft pick on a college kicker last year that led the NCAA in scoring (i believe if i remember correctly) let him go then sign 2 others :doh:

I know i'm not a "Football Expert" but this kind of decision making then add in the QB decisions like the T Jack trade (blown draft pick)t then to resign him just to cut him , the trade for Thad we can no longer ask why do we not get the respect we deserve because we are getting what we deserve !!!

You sure don't see the Pats , Saints, Broncos, 49er's, or Sea Hawks making those kind of decisions do you ?

Don't get me wrong i am a life long Bills fan & want to see them succeed as we all do but this kind of decision making has to quit before we can go any where . Pollian didn't do these kind of things ...

This is the best FO we've had in some time, Whaleys been on the job for a little over a year and the talent on this team is 10x better than it was. You can look t the bad trades, but Hughes for Sheppard, Mike Williams for a 6th? Gimme a break, this is about Landon freakin Cohen? Are you kidding me?

I think this off season has been great. Its not an exact science.

Some players just don't work out and this happens to every NFL team.

I have no complaints and I bet you players are quickly changing their attitude toward playing for Buffalo

This is the best FO we've had in some time, Whaleys been on the job for a little over a year and the talent on this team is 10x better than it was. You can look t the bad trades, but Hughes for Sheppard, Mike Williams for a 6th? Gimme a break, this is about Landon freakin Cohen? Are you kidding me?

Yup.

Okay we all know that when it comes to choosing QB's it seems as though the Bills have a hard time with that position , but now it is bleeding over into other areas besides the offense of the team .

They HAD a guy that was making plays every time he stepped on the field through out training camp but decide to cut him that guy being Landon Cohen .

But they go out & sign not 1 but 2 kickers using that roster spot on a maybe instead of keeping a very productive player for defensive depth that to me is confusing .

I saw Morman this year at St. John Fisher & he was booming some kicks yet after BLOWING another draft pick on a college kicker last year that led the NCAA in scoring (i believe if i remember correctly) let him go then sign 2 others :doh:

I know i'm not a "Football Expert" but this kind of decision making then add in the QB decisions like the T Jack trade (blown draft pick)t then to resign him just to cut him , the trade for Thad we can no longer ask why do we not get the respect we deserve because we are getting what we deserve !!!

You sure don't see the Pats , Saints, Broncos, 49er's, or Sea Hawks making those kind of decisions do you ?

Don't get me wrong i am a life long Bills fan & want to see them succeed as we all do but this kind of decision making has to quit before we can go any where . Pollian didn't do these kind of things ...

You have absolutely no idea what was really going on with Cohen. Like you said yourself, you are not a football expert. What we all might be overlooking about Cohen is that it's possible on several (or many) of the plays where he got great penetration, he was not doing what he was supposed to do. Maybe he left someone out to dry. There were a bunch of plays where he got right in the backfield and made a tackle. But there were also a bunch where he penetrated right away and left a large hole that resulted in a 10 yard run by the opposing RB. For all we know he was sacrificing the scheme (as vanilla as it was) for a chance to shine individually. Maybe Schwartz knew this--I mean, he coached the guy in Detroit. He knows his game.

So yes, at a glance Cohen seemed to be doing great. But then again, he may have been ignoring his assignments at times for a chance to make a big play. Just throwing this out there because while I am also a bit bummed he didn't make the squad, none of us know the real deal, so there's no reason to criticize the front office about this particular issue.

Cohen has a great first step but the rest of his game is lousy. The plays where he wasn't disrupting the offense he was creating a gaping hole in the defense. He probably lead the preseason in TFL and times pancaked as well. Basically, he is a pass rusher and I guess they decided they needed a 3 down type DT as a reserve.

I have to agree. I know this might surprise you guys but think about this: we overlooked Russ Wilson and picked TJ Graham. Think that one over.

Yeah, but 32 other teams passed him over at least twice, too--in this game you don't suck just because you didn't hit every potential pick....

I have to agree. I know this might surprise you guys but think about this: we overlooked Russ Wilson and picked TJ Graham. Think that one over.

I choose to believe that as Buddy Nix was filling out the card for "R. Wilson, QB, Wisconsin," he was briefly, and unfortunately, possessed by the ghost of the recently deceased Al Davis, who just happened to be enamored with a little heralded speedster from NC State, with little football pedigree. Can we really blame Buddy for that?

This post..

Okay, in regards to Cohen. You're freaking out over a guy that would have been our #5 DT. We just signed him, what, this year in the preseason? He had some familiarity with Schwartz's scheme and made plays, but did you also notice that he created HUGE holes in that defense for RB's to run through? Schwartz has done many things right since obtaining the def. coordinator position, have to reserve some judgment to him on this one. Cohen may be an option to pick up if we get an injury bug.

By kicker, do you mean punter? Look, the reason why we have two punters is because Nigel Bradham is going to return week one, and the loser of that positional battle will be dropped. It makes no sense to add Jordan Gay, and then just blindly assume he is the starting Punter.. why not add another guy, who has been productive in preseason, and take the better of the two? You wanted Cohen and therefore 10 people on the Dline? Why do we need 10 people on the Dline, exactly?

The trade for Thad worked out nicely. We gave a special teams player we would have cut anyways and in return, got a player that was useful for a year. Not the best player, but definitely one who was capable of winning games. It's unfortunate he digressed.

You also listed the best teams in football right there.

Look, the Bills don't get respect, but certainly not for the reasons you listed. How about going into the offseason with Jeff Tuel and Thad Lewis? How about not addressing the TE position so far? How about utilizing a "hurry up" offense that clearly does not suit the pounding running style our team wants to show? Coaching? Letting FA's go? You could have picked better reasons than Landon Cohen, a 3rd string defensive tackle..