Listen up TD.

Justice

at any cost. If you wanna have the best running game and offense possible, this is the way to go. Move Jennings to center where he will be hurt a lot less and put Walter Jones at LT. Here's the starting line up from right to left. Williams, Villarial, Jennings, Teague and Jones. Or you can switch Jennings to LG and keep Teague at center. This would be a formidable line-up.

And where would the Bills find the money to sign both Jonas AND Walter Jones, easily one of the most expensive FAs in recent memory? Tackles do not come cheap, thats for sure.

I'd like to see us improve the O-Line as well, but I'd also like to see Williams re-signed and the Bills to bring in a good 3rd WR. Going after Walter Jones essentially kills off any other improvements we would have this offseason.

Now you're dreaming.

The Bills don't have enough cap room (even with a restructed Moulds and Drew) to make both of those signings. I don't even know if they have enough to keep Pat and JJ and Pat is willing to give them a "hometown discount".

at any cost. If you wanna have the best running game and offense possible, this is the way to go. Move Jennings to center where he will be hurt a lot less and put Walter Jones at LT. Here's the starting line up from right to left. Williams, Villarial, Jennings, Teague and Jones. Or you can switch Jennings to LG and keep Teague at center. This would be a formidable line-up.

220199[/snapback]

Get a clue. There is a Salary cap.

In the world of Madden 2005 without the salary cap option on, it would be a great move. In reality, it cant be done. Jonas will demand a buttload of cash, and Walter Jones we KNOW is demanding even more than Jonas is. Just would be enough cash to go around. I think TD is looking for Chris Villarial types of players...good, solid players who dont screw up and do their jobs every down. No superstars or prima donnas wanting huge contracts (like that idiot Orlando Pace...20 million dollar signing bonus!? Good luck with that!). Just hard-working players that can contribute.

Jennings is going to demand LT money. So it does not make sense to give him

LT money and move him to Center. Plus we will neither have the cap space

nor real dollars (signing bonus) to pay for two tackles...The signing bonus

alone will be in the neighborhood of 15 + 10 Million.

Jennings is a finnese player and is not physical enough to play Guard.

One thing I agree though is, TD would be advised to spend more on

his line (but get real Guards, not converted ones) if he is going to start

Losman.

Get a clue. There is a Salary cap.

220217[/snapback]

Besides, there is no way that Holmgren lets Jones go anywhere! They'll tag him first. The Seattle coach stated in an interview that if he was going to start a team, that Jones would be the first player he'd have!! :doh:

Besides, there is no way that Holmgren lets Jones go anywhere! They'll tag him first. The Seattle coach stated in an interview that if he was going to start a team, that Jones would be the first player he'd have!! :doh:

220232[/snapback]

Although I know Seattle tagged him before, they've got bigger problems this year, including Hasselbeck and Alexander, both of whom are FAs.

Let's sign Orlando Pace. And Peyton Manning. And Tom Brady. And Dante Culpepper. And Tiki Barber. And Edgerrin James. And Jerome Bettis. And Corey Dillon. And any other expensive Name Player anyone can think of.

That way, we'll be awesome.

:doh:  :doh:

220315[/snapback]

Exactly why the NFL is so much better than MLB... because you can't actually do that...

I am all for letting Joans go. if we have to pay him "starting LT" money, spend a few more bucks and get Jones or Pace. Actually move Williams to LT and get a cheaper but stud RT. It is time for Williams to show he is worth the LT monies that were spent on him.

bharmoni that is not going to happen....no way.

The SMART thing to do would be to either resign Jonas OR get another quality Left tackle in free agence

Use a second round pick on a quality offensive linemen to play left guard

220488[/snapback]

Actually I agree on using the 2nd round pick for a G, but I also believe we can grab some very good interior linemen via FA just the same. We will have the money to do so..

Given the fact our OL still needs improvement and our depth is shaky at best picking up a few OL this season would seem to be a priority

220199[/snapback]

B.harami - please say outloud 10 times:

I M sofa king we todd did

220199[/snapback]

The dirty little secret here is that it looks pretty doubtful that Jennnings is going to commamd anything near what LTs have gotten in the past from the market. This is not because of Jennings value compared to some of the other folks eho hsve gotten big dollars in the past who are not as good as Jennings, it is because ofsupply and demand.

Bascially there are 32 LT contracts which are the market Jennings will be mining.

Subtract from that market:

1. 8 teams already pay LTs 8 of the top 19 OL cap hits

2. 12-16 other teams have already committed big log term contracts to players like Clifton and Petitgout and are not in the LT market.

3. Of the 12 remaining teams subtract out as competitors for the Bills teams which are likely close or beyong the cap even though they could use Jennings services and we can give JJ a better deal without sweating AT appears to be in this boat because after a huge outlay for Vick and previous FA commitments like PP they are likley going to be cutting players merely to mske the cap much less generate cash for JJ.

4. Whoever has cap room and is left have the ability to pay for better LTs like Orlando Pace, Walter Jones or Tra Thomas who are probable FAs.

JJ only has to get one off-market deal and there are plenty of fools running NFL teams, but when the smoke clears it will not surprise me at all if though the Bills will give JJ the biggest contract he has ever seen in his life, the market will mandate that it be for much alot much less than the salary cap hits commended by FA LTs in this league in the recent past.

The dirty little secret here is that it looks pretty doubtful that Jennnings is going to commamd anything near what LTs have gotten in the past from the market.  This is not because of Jennings value compared to some of the other folks eho hsve gotten big dollars in the past who are not as good as Jennings, it is because ofsupply and demand.

Bascially there are 32 LT contracts which are the market Jennings will be mining.

Subtract from that market:

1. 8 teams already pay LTs 8 of the top 19 OL cap hits

2. 12-16 other teams have already committed big log term contracts to players like Clifton and Petitgout and are not in the LT market.

3. Of the 12 remaining teams subtract out as competitors for the Bills teams which are likely close or beyong the cap even though they could use Jennings services and we can give JJ a better deal without sweating AT appears to be in this boat because after a huge outlay for Vick and previous FA commitments like PP they are likley going to be cutting players merely to mske the cap much less generate cash for JJ.

4. Whoever has cap room and is left have the ability to pay for better LTs like Orlando Pace, Walter Jones or Tra Thomas who are probable FAs.

JJ only has to get one off-market deal and there are plenty of fools running NFL teams, but when the smoke  clears it will not surprise me at all if though the Bills will give JJ the biggest contract he has ever seen in his life, the market will mandate that it be for much alot  much less than the salary cap hits commended by FA LTs in this league in the recent past.

220947[/snapback]

Another great post FFS. Personally, it seems clear to me that JJ wants out of Buffalo, and might even be willing to accept LESS money from a team of his choice (Atl.) than the Bills.

I hold on to the hope that TD, via a Franchise Tag, might be able to salvage some compensation for delivering him to the team of his choice ala Peerless, even if said compensation is less than a 1st round pick.

One can only hope.

Another great post FFS. Personally, it seems clear to me that JJ wants out of Buffalo, and might even be willing to accept LESS money from a team of his choice (Atl.) than the Bills.

I hold on to the hope that TD, via a Franchise Tag, might be able to salvage some compensation for delivering him to the team of his choice ala Peerless, even if said compensation is less than a 1st round pick.

One can only hope.

221156[/snapback]

I think there is far too much out there of value at LT for the franchise tag for Jennings to work.

To gauge the market take stock of the PP situation (the players are not analagous but the differences highlight important market lessons).

PP had maximum value for AT in this market because:

1, PP was judged the best and in many minds the only game-breaking receiver in FA that year.

2. Arthur Blank had publicly promised his customers that he would get PP.

3. More important, Blank might screw his customers since they are the only NFL game in town, but he had promised Vick he would get him a WR.

4. PP had publicly said he wanted to go to AT (owners routinely ignore players but by this statement if he didn;y go to AT, AT and Blank cannot divert the blame to PP.

In Jennings case only item 4 is defintiely true and Vick wants all the help he can get certainly but after the championship game and several regular season escapes D-investments help Vick's W/L more than getting him an LT.

TD had a pretty guaranteed buyer which I think was a key to tagging Price and that is not the case at all with Jennings.