EJ vs. Joe Flacco

Big Blitz

Im using Flacco as say a best case scenario ceiling for EJ.

Big, tall, strong arm guys. Not very accurate passers.

Here are Flaccos numbers:

post-24021-14093377178156_thumb.jpg

And here is the rest of those including TDs INTs rating and YPA.

post-24021-14093378468067_thumb.jpg

Edited by Big Blitz

Now here is EJ:

post-24021-14093379453632_thumb.jpg

You telling me EJ cant at least put up Flacco numbers? They still win (a lot) despite Flacco being very average and he's been good in the playoffs.

My point is he can succeed.

And I think he can be better than that.

We have a great D--not Ravens great at the time but very good. Hell...when they won the SB the D wasn't even good and their OC was fired with 6 games left.

Coaching. Its got to be the coaching.

And I'm just trying to feel better about things. :unsure:

Edited by Big Blitz

Sorry the posts weren't done--the pics I wanted were screwed up---my thoughts are in there now.EJs YPA his rookie year 5.8. A QB rating of 77.

With a limited summer. 3 injuries.

Again....I'm worried these coaches have turned him into a robot.

But a 'positive' for anyone looking for hope. .

Flacco was terrible last year and that team went 8-8. Lost all of its leaders. Its oline was a debacle. Ray Rice stunk. Still....8-8.

Our roster is much better than their roster. We beat them for cryin out loud.

Maybe we will be surprised..

Edited by Big Blitz

Now here is EJ:

post-24021-14093379453632_thumb.jpg

You telling me EJ cant at least put up Flacco numbers? They still win (a lot) despite Flacco being very average and he's been good in the playoffs.

My point is he can succeed.

And I think he can be better than that.

We have a great D--not Ravens great at the time but very good. Hell...when they won the SB the D wasn't even good and their OC was fired with 6 games left.

Coaching. Its got to be the coaching.

And I'm just trying to feel better about things. :unsure:

Being a good QB is not just numbers... Flacco looks downfield, teams respect his deep ball. Flacco has converted some great clutch plays, (3rd down passes and in crunch time in games).

Flacco has a SB ring, EJ may have a toe ring...

I'm trying to see where this is going...The Ravens had a bad year therefore EJ is going to win us a SB?

Bills starting QBs since 2008.

2013 EJ Manuel (10) / Thad Lewis (5) / Jeff Tuel (1) 2012 Ryan Fitzpatrick (16) 2011 Ryan Fitzpatrick (16) 2010 Ryan Fitzpatrick (13) / Trent Edwards (2) / Brian Brohm (1) 2009 Ryan Fitzpatrick (8) / Trent Edwards (7) / Brian Brohm (1) 2008 Trent Edwards (14) / J.P. Losman (2)

List of Ravens Starting QB since 2008

2013 Joe Flacco (16) 2012 Joe Flacco (16) 2011 Joe Flacco (16) 2010 Joe Flacco (16) 2009 Joe Flacco (16) 2008 Joe Flacco (16)

List of Bills Playoff wins since 2008

List of Ravens Playoff wins since 2008 2012 Playoffs WildCard W Division W ConfChamp W SuperBowl W 2011 Playoffs Division W ConfChamp L 2010 Playoffs WildCard W Division L 2009 Playoffs WildCard W Division L 2008 Playoffs WildCard W Division W ConfChamp L

Very true cohen but I disagree about EJ not looking downfield.

To who exactly could be relied on for that last year? Graham? Goodwin was hurt. And EJ took his shots. But we had a bunch of 3rd and 8s or 10 because the run game was inconsistent--teams sit back--so over coached EJ is hearing hackett ("take the safe dump off.")

EJs problem isn't the refusal to throw down field its still the accuracy. That's a problem for sure but like my point with Flaccos numbers is I believe we win with a QB like the Ravens do that has a 59 career percentage with a good D and coaching.

However I just see more signs that we could have the worst coached offense and play caller in football than it is EJ being garbage. The oline getting worse....getting nothing out of Spiller. Ending Stevie Johnsons career. All our QBs have regressed--we dont even have a backup or at least we are looking for one. Its August 29.

Edited by Big Blitz

Joe Flacco went on a record setting playoff run throwing no interceptions and putting up huge passer ratings for that stretch in route to winning the Super Bowl. He is inconsistent but has actually demonstrated a very high ceiling over a meaningful period of games. EJ has never demonstrated that he can put together three games of adequate, let alone high level play, in a row. He is young, he might, but EJ's demonstrated ceiling is not in the same zip code as Flacco's so far.

Edited by PlayoffsPlease

Sadly, I LOLed when I read the title of this post.

I guess what I'm trying to ask is (and I posted the stats more for perspective and patience on EJ) is do you think EJ can at least equal or be better than Flacco and could we live with that at least in the short term?

Obviously we want 'elite' but IF this is EJs ceiling can that at least be acceptable and more importantly would it be enough to win?

I think we can....we should.....and if we aren't its almost entirely on the coaches.

Im just getting worn out with the EJ sux EJ sux....if it's no better by week 10 then I think we know if its time to pull the plug.