What Will Chicago's Defensive Game Plan Be For Playing The Bills?

PolishDave

If I am the Bears, I try to take away the run. Stack the box. I blitz EJ every single time it is an obvious passing situation. I make him try to beat me with his arm. I would do my best to make sure he has very little time to throw in those obvious passing situations. I have my db's play physical with Bills receivers in that first five yards (buffer zone) from scrimmage.

I think this will be the plan going forward for every team playing the Bills until the Bills prove they will beat teams who do this with deep passes.

I wonder if this is why the coaching staff has had EJ practicing getting rid of the ball right away. Seems to me that this is exactly what EJ is going to need to learn to do well in order to have consistent success.

Your opinion?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1. Smack Sammy's Ribs till they bleed

2. Tackle CJ behind the LOS multiple times

3. Substitute Fred's Gatorade with Geritol

4. Don't cover whatever TE we play and use the extra man to blitz EJ/JT/CP

5. Send flowers to Hackett at halftime

I agree Dave. There has been a lot of press about the Bills using timing patterns and EJ being inconsistent at best. I would definitely load the line, jam the receivers, and make EJ beat you deep.

But, when I looked at EJ's stats recently he did very well against the blitz. I'd do this to rattle him, but only on a fraction of the plays.

Every team...and I mean EVERY team...is going to challenge EJ to beat them until he consistently proves he can...If the Bills try that run on 1st and 2nd down thing they did last year they will get the same results...And DC's understand our RB's are our strength on offense...A few big plays in the passing game can change all that quickly...But otherwise the Bills will see a ton of guys in that box every Sunday... B-)

Edited by KOKBILLS

If I am the Bears, I try to take away the run. Stack the box.

way to go out on a limb there considering this is what every team's gameplan was vs the Bills last year and for the last decade plus actually which has worked well for them so i dont see any reason why they would do anything different

Edited by Max997

How 'bout this: 1st play - Bills go jumbo with Urbik in as 3rd TE. Fred in backfield. Goodwin out right. Play action bomb to Goodwin. 80 yard TD. Since they haven't shown it, it can only mean they're setting up for it. The Bills are just setting up the Bears. All this incompetence is just a show.

How's that for Koolaid?

The Bears had one of worst run defenses in the league last year and should be concerned about stopping the run. They just cut Adrian Wilson, their best run stuffing safety.

Probably they will commit 8 guys to the box and press receivers, forcing the EJ to make sideline throws and the young receivers to beat the press.

As long as the Bills can stay in reasonable down and distances, they should be alright. Seems like a good matchup for them.