Sick of Marone Being Down on Backups but Coddling EJ

Mr. T

I hope we can find a new owner worth a damn that puts winning first. **** can everyone from Brandon on down to the !@#$ing waterboy. **** can most of the current players as well. This whole thing has needed to be completely gutted for a long time now.

Not trying to be a jerk here, but weren't you extremely optimistic about this team as of a few weeks ago? Like predicting a very successful year? You've seem to have done a 180.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The trading away of next year's 1st is going to go down as one of the biggest blunders in Bills history and is likely going to cost Whaley his job. I don't see us getting more than 4 wins this year.

Why? How often are franchise QB's found in the 1st round? Seriously. Not having a 1st rounder is not a huge deal. This team is loaded w talent. I think the bigger mistake was not bringing Josh McCown in.

Any parent of a sensitive kid can tell you, 'lighting a fire under their ass' will usually cause them to wilt, not flourish.

The backup conversation is just noise. There is no other potential NFL starting QB on the team besides EJ.

And EJ seems to rise to the occasion when the pressure is on during games.

I'll actually get worried if and when they all suck in actual games.

Do you know how many times this has been said over the last 10 years? Hint: every single year. And what happens, the Bills suck. In fact, preseason performance, at least for the offense, has become an extremely accurate guage of how the regular season is going to unfold. We can no longer say "it's just preseason".

Do you know how many times this has been said over the last 10 years? Hint: every single year. And what happens, the Bills suck. In fact, preseason performance, at least for the offense, has become an extremely accurate guage of how the regular season is going to unfold. We can no longer say "it's just preseason".

Terrific. Take your crystal ball, save your money, and stop whining. I'm gonna watch football and when it stops being fun, it won't ruin my life. There is too much out there.

PS - winning lotto #s PLEASE.

Maybe it's preseason and they aren't playing them like they are real games?

If that's the case, why can Russell Wilson and the Seahawks 1st team go against the Raider's 2nd/3rd and in the first 90 seconds go pass, pass, run, pass for TD. It wasn't like the Seahawks were running some trick plays, they just dominated each and every position (again).

Our first team should be scoring TDs and can't beat the Lion's warm bodies, and we look worse than last year. Does Marrone make the bye week, or is he gone as soon as the owner's meeting anoints our new Owner?

Bash EJ for preseason stinking ! Threaten him with Jef Tuel and Jordan Palmer! LOL. EJ knows he's the only QB on the roster who belongs in the NFL, ripping him to the media does what exactly? Prove Marrone is "tough" and going to holding EJ accountable? Cmon. Biggest mistake in the offseason was not bringing in a guy like Josh McCown to challenge and perhaps win the job. If Manuel plays like this in the regular season and the coaches tell him he's pretty and it's okay then i'll be upset. Right now? No.

Amazing how many folks don't seem to notice this pattern.

Amazing how many folks don't seem to notice this pattern.

I posted this in another thread. And don't be deceived by the actual few times we won in preseason, as major concerns about our offenses we present these years.

Bills:

2009: preseason 1-4, regular 6-10

2010: preseason 2-2, regular 4-12

2011: preseason 1-3, regular 6-10

2012: preseason 0-4, regular: 6-10

2013: preseason 0-4, regular: 6-10

2014: preseason 1-4, regular: ?

I posted this in another thread. And don't be deceived by the actual few times we won in preseason, as major concerns about our offenses we present these years.

Bills:

Maybe we can tank this year so we can grab the top overall 2nd round pick.

brb - crying...

Bills:

Yeah. I'm not going to write the whole season off based on this preseason performance. But if you're one of the people who just say "it doesn't matter" unequivocally, you're kidding yourself. The same 22 guys (or more specifically, the 11 on offense in this case) are showing up week 1. Yes the playbook will be opened, yes they'll be playing harder, and yes, every other team in the league will be as well. It's not just like they've made some mistakes here or there this preseason. The offense has overwhelmingly been unable to score, to convert third downs, and to convert in the red zone.

Really hope the light turns on for Hackett, EJ, and Co. come next Sunday.

Bills:

As you clearly grasp, there's a big difference between losing the final score (that can be because the 3rd stringers lost the game, in which case preseason is in fact meaningless), and the first team looking like complete crap and unable to execute basic plays (what bills fans observe nearly every single year, which most certainly does matter).

EJ is thinking too much. Too many new coaches/advisors/mentors in his head. Just play football for goodness sake.

EJ's got his own personal QB coach, Bills QB coach Todd Downing, Senior Offensive Assistant Jim Hostler, the new backup Palmer, Hackett, and Marrone in his ear. That's as many as 6 guys giving him advice.

And EJ is apt to say he doesn't think he did a bad job last night. Is he delusional or are his handlers doing an emperor has no clothes type thing with him?

Fans get to have it all the ways they want when they're in "complain" mode. Get mad about coddling now, but then also get mad about leaving guys in there, susceptible to injury, when the front office hasn't provided them a viable plan B. Complaining rules!

If he hasn't unleashed the whole offense, the whole catalog of what his starter will be doing, then how can we really evaluate that from the outside? If the starter is really working on his mechanics and timing and that's the focus - not a scripted drive or a game-plan - then what are we supposed to think we're seeing here? I'll bite that EJ still seems to be working a lot of that out. I'll actually get worried if and when they all suck in actual games.

The problem with your logic is the assumption that EJ has the ability to flip a "switch".

If EJ is having problems getting his mechanics and timing down with only a handful of plays,

what makes you believe he will suddenly get better once the team opens up the playbook and starts to game plan?

I haven't given up on the guy, but I do have concerns this season will get ugly very quickly.

The problem with your logic is the assumption that EJ has the ability to flip a "switch".

If EJ is having problems getting his mechanics and timing down with only a handful of plays,

what makes you believe he will suddenly get better once the team opens up the playbook and starts to game plan?

I haven't given up on the guy, but I do have concerns this season will get ugly very quickly.

this is a fair and honest response. It might be the only valid one anyone can make at this point. I don't have my head in the sand and believe that everything is going to be fine. but I also don't believe that we have the evidence that the sky is falling yet. and even if it were, what's the solution? turn off the TV? start 3 "sign Tebow" threads? Yell at people we don't know on the radio?

this is a fair and honest response. It might be the only valid one anyone can make at this point. I don't have my head in the sand and believe that everything is going to be fine. but I also don't believe that we have the evidence that the sky is falling yet. and even if it were, what's the solution? turn off the TV? start 3 "sign Tebow" threads? Yell at people we don't know on the radio?

Yes. Yes. And yes.