Sammy's ribs

YoloinOhio

Not sure what to think of Woods. He looked terrible. But he was solid in games last year, solid in college, and pretty solid early in preseason, so I don't have a lot of worry about him.

he did? I actually thought he looked good based on the tweets... Didn't see the game. Well then sh*t.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he did? I actually thought he looked good based on the tweets... Didn't see the game. Well then sh*t.

He looked like he had two blatant drops to me. One play right in his hands, he dropped it, it bounced back toward the LOS, hit another player, and then bounced back into Woods arms for a reception. But it was a blatant drop. There was another play that will be dissected a lot where EJ did not throw a great pass but it looked like woods didn't even try and just raised one arm for it when he could have caught it with two. Again not a great ball but at first glance I thought he should have caught it. I really need to see the replay.

I was at the game behind the Bills' bench and I watched Sammy getting worked on by the trainers for a good couple minutes before they took him into the locker room. They unhooked the flak jacket and appeared to be stretching and twisting him and gauging his reaction.

When I first saw his injury in the Steelers game, it seemed to me that it was less of the knee to the ribs and more of the torquing of his upper-body that caused the injury. I'm wondering if the injury is a pull or strain of the muscles on his ribs, and not a cracked rib. If this is the case, its probably a pain tolerance issue, and there may be some range of motion deficiencies on that side of his body. If that's the case, and he doesn't have cracked ribs, that's good news in my opinion, as, in my experience, a strained serratus or oblique takes less time to heal than a cracked rib.

All in all, it was incredibly disheartening to see him leave, tonight, after taking such an innocuous looking hit.

The question is was the incredible chemistry that EJ and Sammy could develop in two series of the last preseason game worth Sammy's injury risk so he can miss regular season time?

A resounding YES!!!!!

Marrone your a fu**king idiot

I was at the game behind the Bills' bench and I watched Sammy getting worked on by the trainers for a good couple minutes before they took him into the locker room. They unhooked the flak jacket and appeared to be stretching and twisting him and gauging his reaction.

When I first saw his injury in the Steelers game, it seemed to me that it was less of the knee to the ribs and more of the torquing of his upper-body that caused the injury. I'm wondering if the injury is a pull or strain of the muscles on his ribs, and not a cracked rib. If this is the case, its probably a pain tolerance issue, and there may be some range of motion deficiencies on that side of his body. If that's the case, and he doesn't have cracked ribs, that's good news in my opinion, as, in my experience, a strained serratus or oblique takes less time to heal than a cracked rib.

All in all, it was incredibly disheartening to see him leave, tonight, after taking such an innocuous looking hit.

Did he look like he was in severe pain on the sidelines or no? He wanted to stay in the game.

"Once the trainers cleared him to play, I was excited about it," Marrone said. "You never know. X-rays, tests, things like that. Shows up one day, doesn't show up the next day. Could be out, could be in. Depends on the player. Could be a week, could be four-to-six weeks, could be longer. I'm not getting into all of that.

That's some good stuff, right there.

I thought Woods looked good tonight. He was consistently running free of the DB assigned to cover him. EJ sailed a ball over his head on one occasion, where, if he had dropped it over Woods' shoulder, he would have taken it to the endzone. Hogan, on the other hand, looked atrocious (except for covering punts).

"Once the trainers cleared him to play, I was excited about it," Marrone said. "You never know. X-rays, tests, things like that. Shows up one day, doesn't show up the next day. Could be out, could be in. Depends on the player. Could be a week, could be four-to-six weeks, could be longer. I'm not getting into all of that.

this is what he said?! Omg. I cannot take it. We do not deserve this.

The question is was the incredible chemistry that EJ and Sammy could develop in two series of the last preseason game worth Sammy's injury risk so he can miss regular season time?

A resounding YES!!!!!

Marrone your a fu**king idiot

now that's funny

Did he look like he was in severe pain on the sidelines or no? He wanted to stay in the game.

No. He was pretty calm and collected, and looked to be moving pretty well. He looked pretty resigned, more or less disappointed, when the trainers took him into the locker room. Everything looked to be pretty precautionary. Even when the contact occurred, you couldn't tell he was injured. He sort of put a hand on his hip, did and bit of stretching and came off. Just looked like a Jim Brown-style slow get up to me. Unless he's phenomenal at hiding pain, he looked to be okay.

No. He was pretty calm and collected, and looked to be moving pretty well. He looked pretty resigned, more or less disappointed, when the trainers took him into the locker room. Everything looked to be pretty precautionary. Even when the contact occurred, you couldn't tell he was injured. He sort of put a hand on his hip, did and bit of stretching and came off. Just looked like a Jim Brown-style slow get up to me. Unless he's phenomenal at hiding pain, he looked to be okay.

hope that's accurate and not a result of your screen name ;)

He looked like he had two blatant drops to me. One play right in his hands, he dropped it, it bounced back toward the LOS, hit another player, and then bounced back into Woods arms for a reception. But it was a blatant drop. There was another play that will be dissected a lot where EJ did not throw a great pass but it looked like woods didn't even try and just raised one arm for it when he could have caught it with two. Again not a great ball but at first glance I thought he should have caught it. I really need to see the replay.

That's the play I referenced, too.

I thought Woods looked good tonight. He was consistently running free of the DB assigned to cover him. EJ sailed a ball over his head on one occasion, where, if he had dropped it over Woods' shoulder, he would have taken it to the endzone. Hogan, on the other hand, looked atrocious (except for covering punts).

Woods was crossing right towards me. He gave a decent leap and fully extended to try to snatch it with his lead hand. It was about six inches over his hand. Too bad, because he looked to be clear of his man by three strides and there were no other DBs between him and the endzone.

is that KFF kid from A&M eligible? Kenny F*%#ing Football? He just threw for like 509 TDs on spurrier.

Hill or maybe Winston can "steal" some more steak and get booted from the team.

Winston has got to drop to the second in that case

I've been banging this drum forever and I am sure somebody will complain. Contact sport trainers generally have little knowledge of the intricacies of the body. Sammy took little to know contact on the ribs on the play a few weeks ago. Stress fracture, over use, non-contact. Also doesn't show up on extrays. Painful at fire, drastic improvement quickly, without proper stretching and strengthening it will nag anytime he increases range of motion. So if he is being treated for a bruise, and not strengthening the intercostals, which have weakened, then every time they engage they will put extra pressure back on the rib. This injury is also commonly misdiagnosed in sports that don't see it regularly.

There is a chance all the work he did up to the combine, rookie camp, then our lengthened and more intense camp are the reason. It will continue to linger for weeks. Once the healing starts he is good to go, and it is just management of pain, restrengthening, and stretching.

I was at the game. I watched Sammy and his interaction with the trainers. he's hurtin.

I say he's not making the opener and the 4-6 week wisecrack marrone made is probably closer to the truth.