Sammy's ribs

YoloinOhio

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't think the trainers know the most basic element of rib ?

This might help...

The Grilling Companion has a basic starter rub recipe on this website. They also provide instructions for preparing baby back ribs without sauce. This is the preferred cooking method in the barbecue loving city of Memphis, TN.

No matter what other ingredients you add to a dry rub, don't forget to include salty and sweet elements. Salt doesn't just enhance flavor; it works like a brine to retain moisture in meat as it cooks. A sweet element doesn't just balance the salt; it caramelizes during cooking

But really, I'm high on the Sammy pick, but he's going to have to take much harder hits then the two he took this preseason if he is going to be useful to the Bills.

You really can't think of a single reason?

You'd rather a rookie WR and a green QB skip over the last three weeks of preseason without any reps?

Fact: NFL players play through injuries. Sammy has to learn.

I wouldn't have been upset with him sitting last night, but to be willfully blind to any benefits from him playing is just silly, bud. Come on.

The Problem is Ribs linger. Sammy will never be 100% until Maybe OTAs. Especially when you go out and get hit every week.

If he rests from the Pittsburgh game on August 16th until the first game at Chicago on September 7th that is 3 weeks and 1 day. If you sit him for week 1 then gives you a solid month.

Ribs don't heal quickly. They just don't. It'd almost be better if he broke his leg with no ligament damage then got his ribs banged up.

Edited by Why So Serious?

The Problem is Ribs linger. Sammy will never be 100% until Maybe OTAs. Especially when you go out and get hit every week.

If he rests from the Pittsburgh game on August 16th until the first game at Chicago on September 7th that is 3 weeks and 1 day. If you sit him for week 1 then gives you a solid month.

Ribs don't heal quickly. They just don't. It'd almost be better if he broke his leg with no ligament damage then got his ribs banged up.

No offense, but you really circled around a point without making one. What is it you're trying to say?

Last year we run CJ out on one leg instead of sitting him to let it heal completely. This year we run our injured superstar rookie receiver out there in a PRESEASON game. Brilliant. I'm not sure this is all on Marrone, but whoever is clearing these guys needs to be looked at...

No offense, but you really circled around a point without making one. What is it you're trying to say?

The guy made a point. Perhaps the issue is you're being willfully ignorant of it.

And there's where we differ.

Hey, I am sorry if you maybe are stuck with a boatload of autographed EJ cards you may not be able to unload.

You should have watched and read his college reviews first . And what does changing the topic got to do with Sammy's rib injury, amd playing last night? Answer? Nothing.

Man when you are cornered you scratch like a cat.

You have made ZERO points in this exchange but please carry on.

Hey, I am sorry if you maybe are stuck with a boatload of autographed EJ cards you may not be able to unload.

You should have watched and read his college reviews first . And what does changing the topic got to do with Sammy's rib injury, amd playing last night? Answer? Nothing.

I honestly could care less about the college reviews which do nothing but make excuses as to why he was playing in the SEC...against top competition....and playing in bowl games....of which he never lost.

The bills saw that and they added a huge athletic QB with a strong arm into their equation....and they saw a QB they could bring along who wasnt ready immediately but had the physical traits and talent to eventually get to that point.

NFL scouts know more then anyone who is posting on this board so I will defer to them.....

:lol: I hadn't realized this thread had already morphed into an anti-EJ one.

Please, carry on with that.

@RapSheet: Sounds like the #Bills dodged serious injury with WR Sammy Watkins — again. Reinjured his ribs yesterday, but should be good to go

@RapSheet

Sounds like the #Bills dodged serious injury with WR Sammy Watkins — again. Reinjured his ribs yesterday, but should be good to go

So, both halves of Rappaport's statement are conjecture. I think by now we know which fans will glom to which half.