Bills Release Thad Lewis

You're assuming that they're done making the QB moves, which if you look at my first response, is highly unlikely.

True. There's...........

Palmer is definitely better than Tuel and probably better than Thad after Thad regressed. So in a twisted way, it's an upgrade. But he needs more than 10 days to learn the play book. EJ simply cannot get hurt early in the season. It's not like I expect him to but it's a decent chance for any starting QB.

You just made that up! Definitely better...at what? The guy has never played---how is he therefore definitley better? He's been cut from 3 camps. He doesn't exist.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I tend to agree with you but even you have to admit, the QB play this pre-season has been putrid. The whole first team offense has been pretty bad actually. I think people are just looking for something to give them a glimmer of hope after all of the losing and thus far we haven't seen it.

In the preseason, indeed it has. But throughout the off season you would have been wont to find a fan who thought the backup situation was as bad as they think it is now.I'm sure some revisionist will swoop in to tut-tut this, but let's be real. Nobody (the FO included, apparently) thought Rad Thad would stink as bad as he has in TC and PS.

True. There's...........

You just made that up! Definitely better...at what? The guy has never played---how is he therefore definitley better? He's been cut from 3 camps. He doesn't exist.

No, he's better because he has actually played well before, in college, in the pros, got drafted, is bigger, smarter, has a better arm. Tuel is weak in every aspect.

I tend to agree with you but even you have to admit, the QB play this pre-season has been putrid. The whole first team offense has been pretty bad actually. I think people are just looking for something to give them a glimmer of hope after all of the losing and thus far we haven't seen it.

I have no problem with skepticism given the Bills' recent history of mediocrity. However, I refuse to overreact to preseason games when teams are not trying to win by playing the best players and game planning for the opponent.

Bottom line the entire QB corp is the worst in the NFL right now. EJ is one of the 2-3 worst starters in the NFL right now. Jesus we have screwed the pooch for 18 years with THE most important position in all of football AND do not have a first rounder next year.

Uh...I think you're forgetting that five years, two GM'S, two coaches, three quarterbacks and a Terrel Owens ago, we saw the EXACT. SAME. THING.

I'm not forgetting it, but it will have absolutely no bearing on anything that occurs this season.

I have no problem with skepticism given the Bills' recent history of mediocrity. However, I refuse to overreact to preseason games when teams are not trying to win by playing the best players and game planning for the opponent.

This is where I disagree, because those excuses don't fly for opponents who seemingly had no issues with their first string offense. For the last decade a Bills' preseason has been a pretty good indicator of how the regular season would unfold. Until this franchise can prove that preseason really doesn't matter for this team, then I will stop taking preseason seriously.

Bottom line the entire QB corp is the worst in the NFL right now. EJ is one of the 2-3 worst starters in the NFL right now. Jesus we have screwed the pooch for 18 years with THE most important position in all of football AND do not have a first rounder next year.

I couldnt believe in shoutbox people were telling me they wouldn't trade our QB lineups for jags or vikes right now. They both have perfect setup of capable vet + promising rookie. We have neither

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Ya know this is starting to resemble last year quite a bit. You knew what Lewis had, or rather

did not have, prior to TC. Why the hell we would not bring in a competent veteran type back

up QB is beyond my comprehension.

They could have had the benefit of the whole training camp, adjusting to our receivers, and

learning our system, so on and so forth. Now if heaven forbid EJ foes down and Tool struggles,

we are screwed. We ran QB's in and out of here on a turnstile last year, Matt Flynn stopped in

for a cup of coffee, WTF???

This.

Bizarre how with a full off-season he actually regressed. I was with OBD on this and thought he was a pretty decent #2.

That is kind of scary is it not?

Like when the Bills coaches spent a lot of time with him he got worse? ha

Kidding. who knows what happened to him. Too bad he was fun to watch at times last year.

The only way this works IMO is if they not only gamble that EJ doesn't get hurt the first month and win that bet, but also pick up a vet via trade or some surprise waiver like Ponder who can be brought in to be the number 2. Going into the season with Tuel as the,backup is criminally negligent.

Man that's like beating on the strip in Vegas. You likely too lose.

But that's what we have to hope AND pray for, that EJ stays healthy for at least the first 4 weeks.

Hey, I am available to play quarterback for the Buffalo Bills! Could probably be had for the modest price of a sixth round pick. Where do I submit my resume?

Please submit your resume here

fellowes_34360_main_large.jpg

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

I'm still hoping for Ponder as the #2 QB.

I keep seeing Ponder mentioned.

You guys know that EJ backed up Ponder at Florida State?

I think it would have a real weird clubhouse vibe if Ponder were picked up to backup EJ (and possibly take his job when he sucks.)

I just don't think clubhouse wise it would happen.

So it was a good plan, but Thad screwed it up by sucking? Let's face it; for two seasons in a row, OBD has been massively negligent in its approach to the QB position and this team will pay for it again.

Yea your right on this but really tho who thought Thad would suck this bad they had to cut him, if anything I thought he would at least stay the same.