Bills v Tampa game thread

Beerball

This is a good read from Sal @ the D&C

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/sports/football/nfl/bills/2014/08/23/tampa-bay-shuts-bills/14509799/

"Yes, on Kids Day, there the young ones were, standing with their dads and/or their moms, serenading the Bills off the field at halftime with well-deserved boos.

"I don't think any of us are happy," coach Doug Marrone said. "When you play poorly, you should get booed, there's no doubt about that.""

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw one of the worst mismatches of all time. Brooks trying to cover Mike Evans. Brooks literally was up to Evans waist and he was shaking in his boots. They must have saw it in the coaches box, that's why they called that stutter and go for the TD. It was pathetic

I saw one of the worst mismatches of all time. Brooks trying to cover Mike Evans. Brooks literally was up to Evans waist and he was shaking in his boots. They must have saw it in the coaches box, that's why they called that stutter and go for the TD. It was pathetic

That was filthy, I sure hope we don't have to use Brooks against the Bears wideouts, who by the way, are as tall and much more talented.

Brooks was also abused earlier in the game by VJax on a crossing route. He's a liability in coverage.

C.J. Spiller: "Good to finally get some scores" <1:39>

Bills running back C.J. Spiller talks following the team's preseason game vs. the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Fred Jackson: "Continue to move on" <1:48>

Bills running back Fred Jackson spoke to the media following the team's preseason game vs. the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Sounds like my 11B MOS in the army...Infantry for those not familiar....jack or all trades master of none lol

describes me pretty well !

I have read that Brooks is going to make the team ? This kid isnt going to make it at this level. Times up .

When i saw that matchup i alread knew the the result. Hope fully thats why we have Corey Graham here . and the Vjax mix up arrggh

Brooks is a problem . Justin Rodgers V2 ???

I have read that Brooks is going to make the team ? This kid isnt going to make it at this level. Times up .

When i saw that matchup i alread knew the the result. Hope fully thats why we have Corey Graham here . and the Vjax mix up arrggh

Brooks is a problem . Justin Rodgers V2 ???

Yea I was right there on that side of the field and I saw the whole thing. Brooks just LOOKED outmatched. It was over before the play began. God help us if he has to play at corner this year. McKelvin looked terrible (still injured?) so I'm really worried. Between Graham and Aaron Williams, we are going to have to figure out the corner position if McKelvin can't go

Yea I was right there on that side of the field and I saw the whole thing. Brooks just LOOKED outmatched. It was over before the play began. God help us if he has to play at corner this year. McKelvin looked terrible (still injured?) so I'm really worried. Between Graham and Aaron Williams, we are going to have to figure out the corner position if McKelvin can't go

McCorner looked uncomfortable out there. I hope that's just rust that he knocks off this week.

Yesterday's game was ugly, there was no doubt about it. In hindsight though, there's a number of contributing factors that make if far worse than it seemed at the time. Here's my attempt at making sense of yesterday's disaster:

1. EJ is clearly not Aaron Rogers. That said, I don't think he's Jamarcus Russell either. It looks to me as though he's a QB that's far more comfortable with a solid game plan than a pre-season vanilla fest.

2. Why can't out team stand up on our own field? I saw at least a half dozen players for the Bills slip yesterday, most notably Chandler, I aslo so several slips in coverage. who seems to have a knack for screwing up a drive,

3. Our offensive line was dreadful yesterday. I attribute this to lack of playing time together and not lack of talent. All across the line there were missed assignments, whiffed blocks and stupid penalties.

4. Marrone and Hackett were so desperate to be vanilla that they crippled the team offensively. I totally get not wanting to show anything but you have to have more than 8 plays in your offensive package. If you go back and watch the other 3 preseason games you'll literally see the same 8 plays.

5. Having Sammy Watkins in changes EVERYTHING. He's going to force different coverages and different schemes and he's going to catch a LOT of passes this year.

What happened to the post game fireworks the Bills advertised?

This is the way the world ends

Not with a bang but a whimper.

Edited by Dirtbag

@NFL_ATL

Bills open to shopping for new backup QB http://www.nfl.com/n...er_atl …

This kind of sums it all up...

"What Marrone fails to acknowledge is that Buffalo had an entire offseason to chase down the Christian Ponders of the world. Instead, they marched into the preseason with a ragtag collection of unproven arms behind one of the league's shakiest starters in Manuel. And now they're paying for it"

This kind of sums it all up...

"What Marrone fails to acknowledge is that Buffalo had an entire offseason to chase down the Christian Ponders of the world. Instead, they marched into the preseason with a ragtag collection of unproven arms behind one of the league's shakiest starters in Manuel. And now they're paying for it"

Can't argue with any of that.