CJ on mike schop and The Bulldog

hullhawk

Did Anyone else catch that interview? I don't know if its possible but it might be the first time I've actually heard a CJ spiller interview, cause he is one cool cat. Very funny and witty. And I LOVED it when Cj called out the Hosts and asked for a prediction on how many wins that they thought the Bills would have this season.

my thoughts exactly. I've heard snippets of interviews before and they were never too flattering. I have a totally new perception of him now. I hope they have him on more often.

CJ seems to be an impressive, charismatic young man. Hard not to root for him. Schoop is a bit of a D bag, I must agree. The adding of 2 wins to his total was a puss move if that is indeed the case.

I hadn't heard that he wasn't a football fan. Anyone care to fill me in on the story there? How the hell did he land that job? Have to say I've only heard the show a handful of times (usually when they get a decent interview). They both tend to be fairly realistic in my limited listening time. Realistic obviously tending toward the negative side of things.

I tend to listen to John Murphy almost every night on the WGR app, mostly due to the multitude of interviews. Granted, the questions are soft and he's really more of a cheerleader than anything. Though I understand that's part of his job considering he works out of OBD. He helps take the edge off things.

Schoop and the Bulldog at least are a bit more unbiased, if not especially entertaining. I'll have to listen more to form a solid opinion but I understand they're not exactly well liked around these parts.

I have to say Capacchio is my favorite on the station. He seems to have some knowledge on the X's and O's, which is otherwise sorely lacking.

Edited by SmokinES3

I thought the interview was great. CJ is a cool dude and I hope he stays with the team a long time. The Schopp hate is way overblown to me. He likes football just fine it's just not his favorite sport. This idea that he talks tennis all the time is so bizarre. Every time I listen they are talking football or hockey predominately. I've seen plenty of sports talk guys buckle to pressure from an athlete right in front of them. It happens and usually with tongue planted in cheek.

One of the most entertaining Bills player interviews I've heard. That was great.

He is definitely not always like that. Caught him in an awesome mood

I don't really get most of the Schopp/BD hate around here. Sounds like a bunch of fanboys who are just mad that they don't ignore this team's history

I don't know about hate, but I would say they are fairly terrible. Bulldog, by himself, is fine. He's a side man anyway. But Schopp is the king of the strawman argument. He makes up possibilities then whines miserably about how terrible the possibility would be; mind you his strawman argument isn't actually something that has happened. And in terms of radio, his voice grates on my nerves when he starts all that hemming, hawing and whining. He needs to be on NPR. But a sports radio show, that he seems ill-equipt for, is not the place. I'd rather they give Sal that time slot.

Edited by purple haze

I will never forgive CJ for being the #9 overall pick! We need less explosive players on offense!

Exactly! I hope that's not the case a year from now. Does he have an agent yet? Let's all be reasonable and get something done now.

Only speaking for myself, Schoop just reeks d bag. He is offended if you ask him how are you doing. He openly states he is not a football fan. So you are a fanboy if you think a prime time sports radio host in a city with a NFL team should like football? Why does Buffalo have to settle for lesser quality.

There's a huge market of people just like him!! Maybe we can trade him to LA?

I will never forgive CJ for being the #9 overall pick! We need less explosive players on offense!

LOL toast to that

CJ seems to be an impressive, charismatic young man. Hard not to root for him. Schoop is a bit of a D bag, I must agree. The adding of 2 wins to his total was a puss move if that is indeed the case.

I hadn't heard that he wasn't a football fan. Anyone care to fill me in on the story there? How the hell did he land that job? Have to say I've only heard the show a handful of times (usually when they get a decent interview). They both tend to be fairly realistic in my limited listening time. Realistic obviously tending toward the negative side of things.

I tend to listen to John Murphy almost every night on the WGR app, mostly due to the multitude of interviews. Granted, the questions are soft and he's really more of a cheerleader than anything. Though I understand that's part of his job considering he works out of OBD. He helps take the edge off things.

Schoop and the Bulldog at least are a bit more unbiased, if not especially entertaining. I'll have to listen more to form a solid opinion but I understand they're noy exactly well liked around these parts.

I have to say Capacchio is my favorite on the station. He seems to have some knowledge on the X's and O's, which is otherwise sorely lacking.

He says it all the time. Especially when its Sabre season. He says he would rather talk about that and refers BD to most football related conversation, especially during that time of the year.

Capaccio is probably my favorite personality. You can tell his passion and knowledge for the game. He is also very polite on the phone.

Murphy is also quality radio. Great interviewer.

Schopp has changed over the years. He has gotten more negative. Covering the Bills wasn't his ultimate life goal I think, and he seems like he drags listeners through his own personal midlife crisis. He has had a couple of shots with Espn and, he leaked that he saw Buffalo as a stepping stone, back in the day when he took over for the coach. I could be wrong, but what I hear in drubs and drabs is a bitter guy who thinks he is always smarter than everyone else in the room. I think he has some great ideas, and back when he was in Rochester, I listens to him religiously, now I tune in hoping he is on another vacation. Joe Buscaglia is my favorite. His articles on WGR are NFL scout like. He is a smart young guy with a lot of potential. He seems to get it. Capacio is the nicest guy on GR, but I like the Bulldog. If Schopp weren't such a grumpy old man, he'd be better. If he want a jerk, I could handle more of him. I don't need to have unicorns and rainbows everyday, but Everyone who calls the show isn't an idiot. Just my opinion.