Tale of Qbs Big Ben & EJ

Its a new dawn, seasons upon us. Me for one, im pretty psyched for some buffalo bills football. Got my ej jersey back from the dry cleaners and hoping i dont get any puke on it! Im behind the rook, that is all

Skip those last 10-12 beers and you shouldn't puke on yourself ;)

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Take it for what it is, tired of reading like 80% of fans saying how bad hes gonna suck. Hes what we got. If he throws an int in the first quarter of the first home game and the entire stadium starts hangin their heads whats that do? Hows that productive. Hes our guy. cheer him on or jump off, i guess.

Take it for what it is, tired of reading like 80% of fans saying how bad hes gonna suck. Hes what we got. If he throws an int in the first quarter of the first home game and the entire stadium starts hangin their heads whats that do? Hows that productive. Hes our guy. cheer him on or jump off, i guess.

You might find it hard to believe but there is a middle ground, not an either/or situation. Also, some don't think he should be "our guy" and are very worried given the Bills seemingly have no viable backup at the moment. If/When Manuel plays well you will see 80% of the posts here singing his praises.

That's my take. I try telling the people who watch it with me this, but they see their EJ bashing as productive analysis of the game. I see it as a whole lot of negativity in week 2 of the preseason. Wait all year to be down on your team and depressed ala "woe is me"? No thank you.

I know a lot of people who agree with me. A lot. I never hear anybody saying he rifled that one in their. I have not seen it.

Then you should have watched last nights game with the volume up. Early in the game EJ threw a curl route to Mike Williams and both Bentley and Tasker both commented on EJ rifling the ball in "there". I am going to remain supportive of EJ and the team. I think Hackett has to take just as much, if not more, of the blame with bad play calling and schemes. He's played 10 reg. season games, he definitely needs more time and experience has was labeled a "project QB" by many experts.

Then you should have watched last nights game with the volume up. Early in the game EJ threw a curl route to Mike Williams and both Bentley and Tasker both commented on EJ rifling the ball in "there". I am going to remain supportive of EJ and the team. I think Hackett has to take just as much, if not more, of the blame with bad play calling and schemes. He's played 10 reg. season games, he definitely needs more time and experience has was labeled a "project QB" by many experts.

I'm rewatching the game now and that exact throw was just made it and it has plenty of zip and was a quick decisive throw

There is so much ignorance when it comes to assessing the play of a QB or the play of a team that it's almost painful at times to read this forum.

Comparing a 2nd year QB, who missed half of his 1st season, to Big Ben is the type of comparison I'd expect from someone in 5th grade. That comparison is below a child's level understanding of basic statistics.

EJ's evaluation should be based on things like: Does he have command of the offense? Is he making the correct reads?, Is the ball coming out on time? Is he going through his progressions? Is his accuracy where it needs to be?

The comments on check downs, staring at WR's, throwing velocity etc are pure idiocy. Rather than arguing with people who post such things, you should just ignore their posts and feel sorry for them.

There is so much ignorance when it comes to assessing the play of a QB or the play of a team that it's almost painful at times to read this forum.

Comparing a 2nd year QB, who missed half of his 1st season, to Big Ben is the type of comparison I'd expect from someone in 5th grade. That comparison is below a child's level understanding of basic statistics.

EJ's evaluation should be based on things like: Does he have command of the offense? Is he making the correct reads?, Is the ball coming out on time? Is he going through his progressions? Is his accuracy where it needs to be?

The comments on check downs, staring at WR's, throwing velocity etc are pure idiocy. Rather than arguing with people who post such things, you should just ignore their posts and feel sorry for them.

Unfortunately EJ and Ben are playing in the exact same game. The Bills will have the lesser of the two starting QBs in just about every game they play (except maybe Oakland and Houston). With that being said the rest of the team has to be that much better than their opponent to offset it.

I agree with your criteria for judging him and unfortunately he doesn't go through his reads quickly, hence the ball doesn't get out on time and he is woefully inaccurate. I am not an EJ hater, I gave him about a 30% chance of being the franchise guy around the draft. After the last few months I am moving that down to 20%. I just don't see the progress.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Not only that but they blame every incompletion on the QB. Does anyone notice that when Brady threw errant passes last year, they were talking about the WR's not running routes properly, and breaking when they shouldn't and vice versa? not that Brady sucks. Manuel isn't Brady, and Manuel did make some poor throws last night, but there is a lot more going on there than meets the eye.

Like I said somewhere else, rewatch the game condensed on Preseason Live it'll take 20 minutes to watch the first half, and I think you guys will feel a little better. I did at least.

Its a new dawn, seasons upon us. Me for one, im pretty psyched for some buffalo bills football. Got my ej jersey back from the dry cleaners and hoping i dont get any puke on it! Im behind the rook, that is all

Why are we referring to him as a rookie? And if it's because he was injured more last season than not, isn't that then cause for alarm?

Does anyone notice that when Brady threw errant passes last year, they were talking about the WR's not running routes properly, and breaking when they shouldn't and vice versa? not that Brady sucks.

Maybe, just maybe, because Brady is one if the best QBs to ever play the game and EJ has done absolutely nothing in this league (but get injured)? I may be way off though.