Manuel improving as of 8/15

Kind of surprised I don't see anything on here about this.

Late last night and early this morning I was seeing reports about how good Manuel was in practice yesterday.

Mike Williams commented that I he plays like this it is gonna be fun!

I even heard talk on radio this morning.

http://profootballta...-ever-seen-him/

Now know it is just one practice, but looks like continual improvement to me. And a little more anticipation.

Edited by bonechiller

Late last night and early this morning I was seeing reports about how good Manuel was in practice yesterday.

Now know it is just one practice, but looks like continual improvement to me. And a little more anticipation.

There is no room for optimism here, bub. Unless you have thoughts about which sucky QB we can trade EJ for please keep to yourself.

We need a would you trade EJ for Blaine Gabbert thread. Haven't seen that one yet.

10th best rookie year passer rating in two decades. What is the chance he'll be able to play in this league.... Seriously.... We all know he's got no shot of any career after that miserable of a start. Lousey.

We need a would you trade EJ for Blaine Gabbert thread. Haven't seen that one yet.

10th best rookie year passer rating in two decades. What is the chance he'll be able to play in this league.... Seriously.... We all know he's got no shot of any career after that miserable of a start. Lousey.

EJ has lice? :lol:

Its all over the Training camp Pittsburgh thread. Theres many tweets and links posted in that that talk all about the great day he had yesterday.

Edited by jletha

Please confirm whether he did or did not wear a visor at said practice.

BREAKING NEWS: Reports are starting to filter in that yesterday's practice was all in error. The equipment staff is owning up to the error. They reportedly installed said "Visor" backwards and it impacted EJ's normal vision which allowed him to complete his passes. EJ insisted that his eyes were focused at the WR's feet and 2 feet behind them on every pass he completed.

But seriously, I am really glad that he is progressing. Majority of the masses want instant gratification....

I mean I think EJ has potential in this league but the rookie passer rating stat...he played 9.5 games last year.

There is no room for optimism here, bub. Unless you have thoughts about which sucky QB we can trade EJ for please keep to yourself.

Just wait! Someone will start up with the EJ sucks and always will crud.

It was refreshing to read even ESPN's Mike Rodak having something decent to say about EJ. "but Manuel's 77-percent rate Thursday is deserving of praise." http://espn.go.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/12109/bills-camp-report-day-26

I think the Bills are doing exactly what they have to do make this offense productive. This is NOT to base the scheme on the expectation or even the hope that EJ is going to turn out to be a QB at a level that he can carry this team to Ws through his own great play.

THIS AIN'T GOnNA HAPPEN.

It seem that the Bills scouts made the same assessment of EJ which other professional scouts and consistent EJ watchers made.

EJ is a quite talented player, a good leader of his team, and a quality guy. However, his play is at best inconsistent and not only will he need to be trained up to get him to be more consistent in making good reads and reacting properly, but in essence trained down to not rely on the fact he is a superior physical player compared to many of his college opponents. In college he not simply get by, but even racked up a lot of Ws because he was so much faster than many LBs or stronger than opposing DBs, now in he big leagues, every opponent is faster and stronger than what he was used to in college.

He needs to develop a play style which maximizes the output of his teammates.

The Bills are not training EJ to need to become the player right now that he will be (with hard work, good training and luck) in 3 years.

Many fans seem to have an expectation and even a demand that EJ produce like Roethensberger or Eli Manning in his first year.

NOPE, he us not a good enough player to carry the team much.

However, what the Bills braintrust's vision seems to be is:

1. Get a group of talented RBs as the primary thing this team plans to do well in run as much as possible. If this succeeds then there is far less demand on EJ to be very good or simply adequate in his bref career so far.

2. Good RBs are a must have for a dangerous running game, consistent production from a running game demands a top quality OL.

3. Ironically, one of the things which makes for a consistent run game is a huge pass threat. When the safties do not want to line-up 8 in the box because they are more worried about not being embarrassed by the passing game, then running is more productive. If when the O lines up in a spread offense that opens gaps in the interior then the run game prospers.

The Bills have:

A. One of the best run games in the league behind productivity from both Jax and Spiller. However, Jax's age and Spiller's high ankle sprain last year make it a bad bet to count of them to remain healthy. Enter Bryce Brown who shows capability to be a starter if necessary and eevn some signs of productivity from our #4 RB and the RB moves make a lot of sense.

B. OL: Fespite the productivity of our RBs last year the Ol play was inadequate. However, an old OL guy like Merrone clearly has a plan and the Bills did a nice job of picking up folks recently judged as 1st round OL talent who were acquired later than in the draft for reasons which might be coached beyond. An acquisition of chemistry is needed, but the potential of a plan is in place.

C. WR- O like the combo of Watkins, Woods and Williams as 3 legit WR starting talents when often recently the Bills did not even have more than 1 starter who was good.

I do not expect EJ to prove to be much more than an adequate [layer on O but I like where we are with this O.

If you count on EJ being a god then be ready to be disappointed.

Wow, that seems a little harsh.

Are you sure you are even a Bills fan? Man, I don't expect him to start out like Eli, and I damn sure hope he ends up more consistant

I do like his athletic ability, and is continual growth is pretty promising to me!

He s getting more confident, and even Mike Williams says the ball is there coming out of the break, which shows good anticipation, and from hat I have seen he is throwing into tighter pots. Last year It seemed he would only throw if the receiver had 2 yards on the defender.