Is Sammy's Hair Too Long??

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Awesome.....glad you could respond with a sense of humor !!!! :thumbsup: You seem to be able to take my joke in stride, unlike others..>>>>>BBill

What's so funny about my day when the slushy machine breaks?? It sucks.

I would imagine it involves some combination of shampoo and water.

Great point...leads to more time in the shower after practice and games which results in being late to meetings and presses.....another distraction.

His hair effects his ability to lead this team. In the huddle other players will want to breath lightly on the back his neck or give his ear lobe a little nibble. After Lynn Swan dropped a pass or missed a block, Bradshaw used to run right up and give his cheek a gentle caress with the back of his hand. How is Watkins going to be a leader with all that hair covering his face and neck?

Edited by Jauronimo

Regardless if you think his hair is too long or not how on earth could the length of his hair be considered a lack of Respect to his Team and Fans?

Because it's akin to a plastic visor on his helmet...if you can't make eye contact with your teammates, it means you don't see eye to eye...the hair is a distraction plain and simple. I thought I was pretty clear on that point.

His hair effects his ability to lead this team. In the huddle other players will want to breath lightly on the back his neck or give his ear lobe a little nibble. After Lynn Swan dropped a pass or missed a block, Bradshaw used to run right up and give his cheek a gentle caress with the back of his hand. How is Watkins going to be a leader with all that hair covering his face and neck?

Yet another reason. Well stated.

Huh? I thought we stopped worrying about the length of men's hair back in the 60s!

As the Yardbirds once sung:

Can you judge a man

By the way he wears his hair?

Can you read his mind

By the clothes that he wears?

Can you see a bad man

By the pattern on his tie?

Chorus:

Then Mister you're a better man than I

Yeah Mister You're a better man than I

Oh Mister You're a better man than I

http://us.yhs4.search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?p=mister+you%27re+a+better+man+than+i+Yardbirds+lyrics&ei=UTF-8&hspart=w3i&hsimp=yhs-synd1&type=W3i_DS,221,0_0,Search,20140105,19669,0,GC32,7743

Edited by hondo in seattle

(I don't know how to create a poll on TBD so I'll just put this out there and keep tabs on the votes.)

Is Sammy's Hair Too Long and Does it Show a Lack of Respect to his Team and Fans??

1) Yes, when he is in the huddle it creates a distraction that is disrespectful;

2) Yes, it adds weight which slows him down and, thus, is a self-centered choice to the detriment of the team;

3) Yes, only good WR's have short hair or cheek piercings;

4) No, his hair is protected by the CBA;

5) No, opposing CB's are impressed with his hair and fail to tackle properly (routinely allowing for additional 15 yard penalties);

6) Vince Ferragamo

7) Mrags needs to start a new poll.

8) %

He should keep it. It has taken years for him to grow his hair that long.

Edited by DirtDart

Huh? I thought we stopped worrying about the length of men's hair back in the 60s!

As the Yardbirds once sung:

Can you judge a man

By the way he wears his hair?

Can you read his mind

By the clothes that he wears?

Can you see a bad man

By the pattern on his tie?

Chorus:

Then Mister you're a better man than I

Oh Mister You're a better man than I

http://us.yhs4.search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?p=mister+you%27re+a+better+man+than+i+Yardbirds+lyrics&ei=UTF-8&hspart=w3i&hsimp=yhs-synd1&type=W3i_DS,221,0_0,Search,20140105,19669,0,GC32,7743

It's 2014 though...the circle of life (*raising lion cub in the air*)

ha... No. It is already long.

Which I'll never understand...if Caveman Mike keeps his beard long (or EJ keeps his visor or Sammy keeps his hair long), why change when we make the playoffs?? They should keep it long, visored or long until we lose....don't shave, remove visor or trim before a playoff game - that's bad karma (like when the Sabres shave before a playoff game...bad idea)

Which I'll never understand...if Caveman Mike keeps his beard long (or EJ keeps his visor or Sammy keeps his hair long), why change when we make the playoffs?? They should keep it long, visored or long until we lose....don't shave, remove visor or trim before a playoff game - that's bad karma (like when the Sabres shave before a playoff game...bad idea)

EJ will never see the playoffs with that visor on.