Bills season tickets are over 46K & they announce a new policy

bbb

Watch for a spike in Season ticket sales next year...

Dallas and NYG are in town. AFC East foes, Indy (luck) and an AFC North foe (Pitt? Cle? rivalry starting?)

If we have a half decent year with promise, look for numbers to far exceed 50K, lots of scalpers will be gobbling up season tickets….

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It may be true the Bills use resellers to push their tickets. I really have no idea,. But I'm no fan of scalping. And this is no different than the scalpers that work the lots, IMO. Not to say that I haven't use a scalper to buy/sell. So I guess that makes me a hypocrite, too. :D But there's something that seems more legit about the guys working the lots, to buy and sell, then investors greedily buying blocks of tickets and jacking the price to whatever level the market will bear. It doesn't reflect well on the team, either.

What do you think about being able to buy tickets to the preseason games for like $5 and take your whole family like it's a Bisons game?

Funny how someone would buy an entire batch of season tickets just so they can come to town for one game.

Don't hate the player...hate the game. Would you rather have 20,000 people at Bills games and the media saying we don't support them?

Don't hate the player...hate the game. Would you rather have 20,000 people at Bills games and the media saying we don't support them?

There would probably be considerably more late season blackouts if not for these people as well.

Edited by CodeMonkey

What do you think about being able to buy tickets to the preseason games for like $5 and take your whole family like it's a Bisons game?

Well I could give you the selfish answer: As I have no children or wife, I don't give a damn. But that's not who I am or how I think. Of course that's a nice benefit But season ticket holders (who get screwed with the preseason games) have always dumped those tickets at very reasonable prices (often giving them away) without taking a profit on the popular games.

I sort of understand the reasoning behind it, but I don't understand what this new policy changes for all practical purposes. Couldn't you still find out which games are sellouts simply by logging into ticketmaster and attempting to purchase tickets? It would only take one person doing this and posting the results online to circumvent this policy.

It may be true the Bills use resellers to push their tickets. I really have no idea,. But I'm no fan of scalping. And this is no different than the scalpers that work the lots, IMO. Not to say that I haven't use a scalper to buy/sell. So I guess that makes me a hypocrite, too. :D But there's something that seems more legit about the guys working the lots, to buy and sell, then investors greedily buying blocks of tickets and jacking the price to whatever level the market will bear. It doesn't reflect well on the team, either.

Seriously asking... do you feel the same towards other companies and individuals that sell commodities at market prices for a loss or profit?

Seriously asking... do you feel the same towards other companies and individuals that sell commodities at market prices for a loss or profit?

No, I just don't like the idea of using tickets as a commodity. I realise many disagree but for years, this was considered scalping and illegal.

I really don't see there being much profit in Bills tickets.

I buy my two season seats and go to 2-3 games (my band obligations don't allow a lot of free Sundays). These games are basically for free just selling the tickets at face value. If I tried to bump up the price, which I easily could (sold my Pats game for face this year when prices are almost double that in some spots), I would profit and still go to games free and clear.

I buy my two season seats and go to 2-3 games (my band obligations don't allow a lot of free Sundays). These games are basically for free just selling the tickets at face value. If I tried to bump up the price, which I easily could (sold my Pats game for face this year when prices are almost double that in some spots), I would profit and still go to games free and clear.

Cool. Do you sell them on the ticket exchange or on stubhub?

Well I could give you the selfish answer: As I have no children or wife, I don't give a damn. But that's not who I am or how I think. Of course that's a nice benefit But season ticket holders (who get screwed with the preseason games) have always dumped those tickets at very reasonable prices (often giving them away) without taking a profit on the popular games.

As an out of town STH I've pretty much done this. In the past I've given away the preseason tickets to local friends, and then sold the unused regular season seats at extremely reasonable prices -- giving them away at the last minute if they haven't sold. This year, since I bought club seats, I donated the preseasons to Carly's Club (Roswell Cancer Institute) and put the four games I won't be attending up on Ticket Exchange (and our very own Trading Post) at a reasonable price. I've got considerable additional costs (flights, hotel) when I come up to games so I won't feel too terrible if I make a little bit of money on the other games to offset some of that. But I'm definitely in the red each year, and it doesn't bother me because this is one of my passions and it's entertainment.

As an out of town STH I've pretty much done this. In the past I've given away the preseason tickets to local friends, and then sold the unused regular season seats at extremely reasonable prices -- giving them away at the last minute if they haven't sold. This year, since I bought club seats, I donated the preseasons to Carly's Club (Roswell Cancer Institute) and put the four games I won't be attending up on Ticket Exchange (and our very own Trading Post) at a reasonable price. I've got considerable additional costs (flights, hotel) when I come up to games so I won't feel too terrible if I make a little bit of money on the other games to offset some of that. But I'm definitely in the red each year, and it doesn't bother me because this is one of my passions and it's entertainment.

I honestly have no problem with that. You are one of the good guys. It's those who are basically investors that get me. Don't give a damn about the game. Seats they buy are strictly for resale. The Bills sold out for many years while this was illegal. Of course, it's tougher to keep the fan base loyal (and coming to the games in bad weather) when they stink. Put a quality product on the field and those things take care of themselves in Buffalo.

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't read through the whole thread but the NFL sales numbers are very legit compared to other sports. The NFL has to submit their comp totals and pricing before the year for the CBA. The other leagues do not (at least this was the case a couple of years back). NFL teams don't really discount or do Bogo type promotions that inflate numbers in other sports. We used to do a buy2/get2 season ticket package in the worst part of the arena. We would divide the payment over 4 seats and call it 4 season tickets. That really doesn't happen on the NFL.

This shocked me, but I did not see a number. It's from July...

Jaguars on track to lead the NFL in season ticket sales

http://www.bigcatcou...on-ticket-sales

I saw that awhile back too.

It makes no sense and isnt backed up by anything. Especially considering teams like the Giants fill up that monstrousity and have a 100 year waiting list

then I found this

http://jacksonville.com/opinion/blog/544821/ryan-ohalloran/2014-07-25/jaguars-ticket-sales-chief-clarifies-numbers

I was at a game a few years ago against the Browns on a Monday night during a blizzard. 6-3 final (bad guys), all field goals. The weather sucked, and so did the game.

The 6-3 game, the Monday Night game and the blizzard game are/were three totally different games. We lost them all though.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

Thanks May Day.

Figured it was something like that but no mention in the article. I know that there isn't even a link to season tickets on the Steelers site, the list must be quite long. After a while I think people just add their names as it doesn't cost anything. So who knows what the real number would be, same with GB.

Still for the Jags 45K is a large number.