Manziel watch 2014!

FireChan

Yeah but that's cause EJ sucks and Manziel doesn't.

I did admit he had a bad game, if you read my posts. But Cameron (a top 5 TE) and Gordon (a top 5 reciever) didn't do him or Hoyer any favors.

yeah. heisman trophy winners who have one really good season never wash out. if the bills ever got one, they'd easily be super bowl champions. right doug flutie and matt leinhart?

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With all honesty, who had a better rookie preseason- EJ or Manziel?

You should be a goalie with the way you deflect.

And yet another double standard by you. When you tried to say Lewis outplayed EJ last year, some posters pointed out the it was Thad's 3rd year in the NFL. You said that didn't matter. Make up your mind!

I don't remember saying that didn't matter with Lewis. Please provide proof.

I don't care who had a better rookie preseason. It doesn't matter. All that matters is who is a good QB who wins games and who isn't.

yeah. heisman trophy winners who have one really good season never wash out. if the bills ever got one, they'd easily be super bowl champions. right doug flutie and matt leinhart?

One really good season? Huh?

surely it does. but i dont know that we would argue that Kolb was far more in tune with the playbook than EJ last year - for instance.

it just struck me as a clunky argument, a bit. perhaps one that was based on hoyer being a brown last year, even. i know being a vet and having learned several playbooks can help the learning curve, but i dont know that arguing hoyer is miles ahead in the playbook is a positive argument for johnny like the poster was framing it...

hoyer is miles ahead with the playbook because he studied it.

Hoyer has been in the NFL for six years. That gives him a distinct advantage in many ways.

Thats all I'm saying...or trying to say. I'm guessing (as said earlier) that Hoyers development in the new system is stunted by sharing reps with Manziel. In both practice and pre-season games. And...having a suspended player (Josh Gordon) in the receiver mix just doesn't make sense to me when you are trying to establish chemistry in a new system.

We'll see how it goes. Cleve does look to have a defense that could make some noise this year as well. I like this team. Buffalo Bills West.

Please dont kill me I'm too tired. Just sharing my thoughts, thats all. LOL !

So the fact he couldn't beat out Hoyer is a problem, no?

It's not clear that he has. He certainly didn't get to play much with the first team (that o-line he spent most of his time behind was awful).

Pettine has no idea what he has in Hoyer, but he thinks it's the safest bet for his own skin to start him since JM didn't blow anyone away. Hoyer looked like crap Monday and he was given the starting job. Go figure.

It's not clear that he has. He certainly didn't get to play much with the first team (that o-line he spent most of his time behind was awful).

Pettine has no idea what he has in Hoyer, but he thinks it's the safest bet for his own skin to start him since JM didn't blow anyone away. Hoyer looked like crap Monday and he was given the starting job. Go figure.

I don't dispute all this. At the same time, how many Qbs get to play with the nfl's leading receiver in the 4th quarter of a preseason game?

It does because Pettine was giving Manziel a very good weapon to try and do something. If he didn't want Manziel to start, like some have suggested, why would he play Gordon then?

Gordon was also under fire this week from Pettine. I think Pettine said he wasn't working hard or something like that.

He lost to Hoyer based on professionalism, meaning knowing the playbook and not embarrassing himself with off- and on-field antics, and because Hoyer is a veteran, albeit a very inexperienced one, but still more experienced than JM. JM theoretically has more talent and upside than Hoyer, but whether he shows it in the NFL is unknown at present.

Besides Johnny being a douche, the number 1 reason I didn't like him is because he was a product of great system. Kevin Sumlin is one of the best offensive coaches in all of football. They lost Johnny Football and the new qb is lighting up a top 10 sec team on the road.

If this season goes south for the Bills, Sumlin should be the number 1 coaching target. So good.

Besides Johnny being a douche, the number 1 reason I didn't like him is because he was a product of great system. Kevin Sumlin is one of the best offensive coaches in all of football. They lost Johnny Football and the new qb is lighting up a top 10 sec team on the road.

If this season goes south for the Bills, Sumlin should be the number 1 coaching target. So good.

But I heard the system was just letting Johnny be johnny

Look at the QB's rushing yards. Then look at Johnny's.

I know it's way oversimplified and pointless, but I'll entertain the talk of what 3 quarters of the new guy playing means...

Is it a pro or a con for Johnny that this guy has put up 45 points in 3 quarters without having to break 10 yards rushing