Observation from Bank of America Stadium

KRT88

Took my nine year old to his first game last night at Bank of America Stadium. Had a blast.

Some observations:

1. Wow, great stadium, makes the Ralph look old. Bathrooms behind every section of the stadium and so many concession you didn't stand in line. Plus concourses were wide, never felt crowded.

Lots of bills fans, like a 75/25 split.

2. Parking in a major city sucks, tailgating, I didn't see any.

3. EJ look good. He needs to not lock onto his receivers as often.

4. Bills d-line was a nightmare for Carolina's rebuilt offensive line.

5. Red zone and short yardage offensive is a work in progress.

6. Though result doesn't matter, frustrating to see another Bills team try yet again to find that creative way of losing. Stopping the 2 point conversion and then not recovering the onside kick...ggggrrrrr. We've all seen that crap before.

7. Watched Doug Marone pull a few players aside during game to point out a few issues.

8. Several Panthers fans commented about how skilled our RB/WR corp is. The guy next to us was like we have Cam Newton and not much more. The entire Bills season depends on EJ getting it done. All the other pieces are in place.

Overall had a great time.

8. Several Panthers fans commented about how skilled our RB/WR corp is. The guy next to us was like we have Cam Newton and not much more. The entire Bills season depends on EJ getting it done. All the other pieces are in place.

I'd be happy to share the wealth. Trade them EJ, CJ, and TJ for Cam Newton.

I also went and had a great time. Hit up tavern on the tracks before the game per a suggestion on here, and had a blast there. It's a little more than a half mile walk to the stadium, which worked out in our advantage because we were able to park on the street for free, and we didn't have any stadium traffic to deal with on the way out. I was also impressed with how nice their stadium is and how short the bathroom and concession waits were compared to the Ralph, although I'm sure they're longer when the place is full and I wonder how much the renovations on the Ralph will help that. One major advantage of the Ralph I noticed was that the walk to the upper deck is a lot shorter than it is at B of A stadium. It seemed like I was going up that ramp forever last night.

Awesome! But could not believe they played Bon Jovi after their TD. Lol.

NO doubt!! That was funny. My wife was hardly watching the game and when she heard that she came into the room and said, "Are they for real??!!" Everyone in western NY is now conditioned to turn Bon Jovi off. He is a bummer that used to play party anthems..

Edited by Tasmo

It's a really nice stadium. I was living in Charlotte in the 80's, when the city wAs deciding g where to put the football stadium and decided on smack dab in the middle of downtown, I thought it would never work. Tailgating remains an issue; it's pretty isolated, nothing like a Bills game.

On a side note, the downtown revitialization in Charlotte has been nothing short of incredible. When I was a kid, you did t go downtown unless you were looking for trouble. Then the banks moved in, they built the stadium, and now it looks like a real city. I hear they put the new minor league baseball stadium downtown as well...

I work 5 minutes walk from the stadium. During the two block walk to my car after I left work around 5:30p, I saw at least a dozen tailgate parties, including 4 or 5 in my parking lot alone. I'm not sure where you parked but there is tons of tailgating for Panthers games.

I hear they put the new minor league baseball stadium downtown as well...

Yes. Just completed it about a month or so ago. It's pretty nice and it's really changed the character of that part of town. When it was just the football stadium it would be dead except for a few days a year, but the baseball stadium and adjacent park have stuff happening several times per week. Now they're building three high rise housing buildings within a few blocks of the stadium so I think it's going to be pretty lively going forward.

Edited by vincec

Took my nine year old to his first game last night at Bank of America Stadium. Had a blast.

Some observations:

1. Wow, great stadium, makes the Ralph look old. Bathrooms behind every section of the stadium and so many concession you didn't stand in line. Plus concourses were wide, never felt crowded.

6. Though result doesn't matter, frustrating to see another Bills team try yet again to find that creative way of losing. Stopping the 2 point conversion and then not recovering the onside kick...ggggrrrrr. We've all seen that crap before.

7. Watched Doug Marone pull a few players aside during game to point out a few issues.

Yep. And when he cant we dont' have a first rounder next year to replace him

Some observations:

Swap QBs and the Bills are a favorite in the AFC.

It's a really nice stadium. I was living in Charlotte in the 80's, when the city wAs deciding g where to put the football stadium and decided on smack dab in the middle of downtown, I thought it would never work. Tailgating remains an issue; it's pretty isolated, nothing like a Bills game.

On a side note, the downtown revitialization in Charlotte has been nothing short of incredible. When I was a kid, you did t go downtown unless you were looking for trouble. Then the banks moved in, they built the stadium, and now it looks like a real city. I hear they put the new minor league baseball stadium downtown as well...

Don't forget the basketball stadium too. Having Michael Jordan as an owner definitely helps make your team relevant

Awesome! But could not believe they played Bon Jovi after their TD. Lol.

And they call us northerners classless. Didn't they do something similar @ a Sabres-Whalers game down in Charlotte. Like put something up about the Bills losing? Probably purposely done knowing what tools they are in Carolina.

Talk about accepting carpetbaggers or promoting artists (if you want to call the abortion that is Bon Jovi, an "artist") that want to rip teams and history from their homes.

Yeah, BFLO fans are aggressive... But that is way better than this passive BS.

Don't forget the basketball stadium too. Having Michael Jordan as an owner definitely helps make your team relevant

Absolutely LOVE the rebranding back to the Hornets. I saw some photos of the new floor they installed on the court. It's got a subtle honeycomb pattern on the entire hardwood and it looks super cool!

And they call us northerners classless. Didn't they do something similar @ a Sabres-Whalers game down in Charlotte. Like put something up about the Bills losing? Probably purposely done knowing what tools they are in Carolina.

Talk about accepting carpetbaggers or promoting artists (if you want to call the abortion that is Bon Jovi, an "artist") that want to rip teams and history from their homes.

Yeah, BFLO fans are aggressive... But that is way better than this passive BS.

Someone needs to get back on their medication. I thought it was funny and I'm from WNY, I even pointed it out the panthers fans sitting next to me. Then we talked about the ownership situation. Pegula is gonna win the bid, everyone needs to relax. Bon Jovi is a businessman at this stage and yes doing what he feels would be in the best interest of a business. In the end, he doesn't have the cash to outbid others but he does have 300 million more than you or I.

Edited by KRT88

Someone needs to get back on their medication. I thought it was funny and I'm from WNY, I even pointed it out the panthers fans sitting next to me. Then we talked about the ownership situation. Pegula is gonna win the bid, everyone needs to relax. Bon Jovi is a businessman at this stage and yes doing what he feels would be in the best interest of a business. In the end, he doesn't have the cash to outbid others but he does have 300 million more than you or I.

Yeah... Sorry, you are right. Bon Jovi just rubs me the wrong way. Bills are more than "just business" with many Bills fans. But if we underplay this, who knows what could happen... Rams, Browns, Colts, Supersonics, Whalers, etc... It is just "business" and I need to relax. Sorry I can't keep the emotion out of it.

Swap QBs and the Bills are a favorite in the AFC.

Favorite for the superbowl. Cam Newton is what I had hoped EJ could be similar to.

Cam would easily lead this team deep into the playoffs. They went 11-4 last year with a poor rb core and the leading wr being an over the hill Steve Smith. We'd be dominant with Cam, almost unfair.

Yeah... Sorry, you are right. Bon Jovi just rubs me the wrong way. Bills are more than "just business" with many Bills fans. But if we underplay this, who knows what could happen... Rams, Browns, Colts, Supersonics, Whalers, etc... It is just "business" and I need to relax. Sorry I can't keep the emotion out of it.

You can't do anything. You are not involved. You control nothing, so the medication comment stands. Relax and have faith. Pegula gets the importance of the team. Do you think he freed up 1.75 billion in extra "cash" to lose the bid? I firmly billieve the team will stay right where is belongs.

Go Bills, get it done on the field and the the loyal fans what they deserve

You can't do anything. You are not involved. You control nothing, so the medication comment stands. Relax and have faith. Pegula gets the importance of the team. Do you think he freed up 1.75 billion in extra "cash" to lose the bid? I firmly billieve the team will stay right where is belongs.

Go Bills, get it done on the field and the the loyal fans what they deserve

Exactly. I got no offense with the medication comment. Yet, we do have the power of the pocketbook. All I meant is that they (Carolina and its fans) knock us for being classless and then get thier little passive digs in. They know in Carolina that Bon Jovi bothers us. Turn around is fair play though.

I also believe the Bills stay. Yet, there should be no place for a headhunter like Bon Jovi ("business" or no business) and it would be nice if everybody stuck together in The League and banned his music and hurt his pocketbook, turned his schlock music into the joke it rightly deserves.

I would have said the same thing even if he wasn't sniffing around BFLO... How anybody likes his act is beyond me. Play something decent when a team scores.

If JBJ had actually gained control of the team or even had a chance, then it woukd be an insult to play that. As it is, he has zero chance. They should play the Empire Theme from Empire Strikes Back in honor of Pegula since he is about to dominate Buffalo sports and the downtown with a new downtown stadium and new skyscrapers like Charlotte.