My prediction Bills will Trade for a QB soon

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OP,

Don't get me wrong, I think you're insane for the content of the post. But your idea of getting a NFL QB is what I was thinking even prior to the HoF game. For the back up position. If they're going to challenge EJ to fight for his job that way, it's the only way to go about it. Then let Tuel and Thad duke it out for 3rd string. That's what they are. If either of them have what it takes, give em a few years on the sideline with some job security. EJ will be fine with more seasoning. And before you say it, I know... now simply isn't the time to replace him. Deal with it.

This looks like a sonnet.

The best I can do is:

There once was a man named Buddy

Whose fingers resembled old putty

He drafted one day

A boy named EJ

Which made a lot of TBD members !@#$in pissed off and ready to kick dogs.

Like I said, I tried my best.

That's not a sonnet. It's a limerick. Sort of. Not bad.

It is food for thought?

I think that Cleveland's FO might be that much of a prickler to trade Hoyer to get value while they can and let Manziel start?

If so, I would not trade Spiller for him?

Unless it included a draft pick?

Which, anything less then a 3rd and Hoyer would be worthless?

I would hope Hoyer and a 2nd would send Spiller there?

However, Spiller would be in our conference on a team that is getting better?

We are getting better?

But if we were still in the basement it would make more sense?

So, we should not upgrade another team we may soon be facing and competing with?

The same goes for the Patriots?

Hoyer is going to start for the Browns this year so that trade makes no sense and the Pats are not going to trade Mallet to the Bills, especially for Spiller. The have Vareen who plays a similar role

I could see the Browns trading Hoyer if Manziel looks decent, at least in the past when it would fit their maverick behavior. Edited by jboyst62

Or what won't

And why can't Manziel and Hoyer exist together?

Because it would be like matter meeting anti-matter. Both the strong and weak nuclear forces would cease to function properly, and the principles of electromagnetism and gravity would reverse, resulting in the entire universe being sucked into Lake Erie.

That's hard core man.

Because it would be like matter meeting anti-matter. Both the strong and weak nuclear forces would cease to function properly, and the principles of electromagnetism and gravity would reverse, resulting in the entire universe being sucked into Lake Erie.

That's hard core man.

Pettine is new blood to that organization. I do not think Cleveland will take the chance to shake the tree that much. Could, but won't.

Hypothetical for you guys. Are the present Bills a deep playoff maybe Superbowl team with a top 5 qb?

My vote would be yes. They have elite pass rush and a solid secondary along with offensive playmakers. If teams played from behind against the Bills they would get killed because of that pass rush. Teams have been able to run the ball against them for a long time. The Bills don't score enough to negate opposing teams running game but if they had Brees for example this team would be elite.

This retort will not endure......

You must write it in Shakspearian poem form

or better yet, a Victorian-era sonnet..... :wallbash:

and the writing quality by some on this Board continues to degrade.....

...either I have to stop smoking pot, because I thought this guy was saying that we should be trading for a QB when we don't have a #1 next year or the OP needs to give me some of what he is smoking so I can be pleasantly delusional.

My vote would be yes. They have elite pass rush and a solid secondary along with offensive playmakers. If teams played from behind against the Bills they would get killed because of that pass rush. Teams have been able to run the ball against them for a long time. The Bills don't score enough to negate opposing teams running game but if they had Brees for example this team would be elite.

I can't even begin to imagine how good this team would become.....

I was referring to the OP's post looking like a sonnet. Yes, mine is a limerick (and a bastardized version at that).

My mistake. Peace.

and the point of your repetitive copy/paste is ?

"I'm gonna go get the papers get the papers"..... (an homage to GoodFellas)

Ah, a Johnny Two Times reference.

Well played sir, well played.