]Marrone will bring in QB K. Orton...according to nobody

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I know I'm overlooking a Chad Henne somewhere. (I'm not kidding here. A guy like that could get you to 8-8, or at least fill in more capably than Thad or Tuel.) Another McCown brother? Somewhere there's a marginally competent NFL quarterback out there without a job!

Chad Henne has a career 18-32 record and is on the Jags. The qb market is bare. Believe it of not, it's hard to find good Qbs.

Lewis played pretty well last year. He's struggled so far this year. But I'm assuming he will get time with the 2s this week. We'll see who will do better going forward. But it's hard to find a backup qb who is great. There just aren't many.

Chad Henne has a career 18-32 record and is on the Jags. The qb market is bare. Believe it of not, it's hard to find good Qbs.

Lewis played pretty well last year. He's struggled so far this year. But I'm assuming he will get time with the 2s this week. We'll see who will do better going forward. But it's hard to find a backup qb who is great. There just aren't many.

OK. Here's the best I can do:

Colt McCoy

[hangs head in realization that there really is no better option ... but still hopes Seahawks dump Terrelle Pryor]

Because he actually has talent, and played well in more than one game. And because if the Seahawks, who appear to know what they're doing, saw enough in him to sign him, that's good enough for me.

Ok. If you want to bring in Pryor to compete as a back-up, fine. As a starter, forget it. I've seen him play.

Just so you know and you can google this

http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=bostonnew-england-patriots&id=4741426&city=boston&src=desktop

The NE Patriots worked out Tuel

And really wanted to sign him.

He could have been Brady's understudy.

Now if the pats and the coach billcheat

Saw that in him then maybe we have something

From all reports I ever here about camp

And Bills QB's it's been reported in the past that

Tuel has the strongest arm of all Bills QB's

I can't for the life of me know what's not to like

About Tuel. This is a undrafted player that looks

Like he has the tools to really be something

Google his college and pro scouting reports

See end of this post

Ok I do it for you this guy might be another

Kurt Warner. He really seems to know how

To play QB and looks the part.

I like EJ but he leaves my Shaking my

Head watching him play.

I can't put my finger on it. I think he is trying

To be to perfect. He needs to stop thinking

And just start playing some ball.

Not this guy was right on a lot of things

When it comes to Tuel

Link

http://rotobahn.com/blog/scouting-report-jeff-tuel-qb-washington-state/

I’m back with another underrated player. Washington State’s Jeff Tuel is a quarterback that we like a whole lot. I have to say, we are amazed that some people aren’t even talking about this guy. The fact that he failed to get a combine invite was equally puzzling.

After watching a lot of game film, we feel that Tuel could be a very solid starter in the NFL. We don’t even think it will take that much time if he lands with a decent team. Tuel is close to being game-ready right now. The big key for him, as we see it, is his health and durability. Tuel took a lot of hits in his time as a Cougar had a rough time with a clavicle injury in 2011. He came back too soon only to re-injure it and end up out for the season.

Here are the positive things that show up consistently on film...

Good mechanics and a good arm. No worries about making the throws at the next level.

Excellent mobility for a pocket passer. He can buy time and pick up extra yardage at times.

Has an accurate arm on the intermediate and deep balls.

Has a good feel for the position. Uses touch when needed but can fire the ball in there too. He throws a beautiful fade ball in the red zone.

He’s relaxed in the pocket and sees the field well.

Keeps his eyes downfield even when his protections breaks down, which it often did. This will serve him well as a pro.

Has a good quick release and can set up and throw when on the run.

We have no doubt that this kid can play in the NFL if he stays healthy. As I said earlier, if he lands in a good situation, he could excel by his second season. We think his upside compares quite favorably to Matt Schaub and Tuel has better mobility than the Texans’ starter. If we were running an NFL team, we doubt Tuel would make it to the 5th round, which is earlier than we’ve seen him projected anywhere.

In a draft that lacks a lock stud QB, we’d rather draft Jeff Tuel in round five than any other QB in round one or two. The more we watch this year's group of QBs, the more we think the way to win this draft is to wait and get great value. It’s going to be very interesting to see where Tuel lands. The Patriots have had him in for a visit. He’d be a very good fit for their offense.

I’ll be back tomorrow with another player who should be getting more respect. Here’s a look at Jeff Tuel. It’s from Washington State’s Crimson and Gray Game, but it’s good quality footage.

Put Kyle Orton at QB last year and the Bills are 8-8 at worst. Hell, they're 8-8 if Kevin Kolb (somehow) managed to make 16 starts. I kind of regret reading that FSU fan scouting report on EJ -- now I see everything in that report is obvious the moment I start watching him. Bottom line: EJ was drafted to be a mobile/read-option/ultra fast-paced offense QB. His body can't do that. Nobody would've drafted him 16th to be a pocket passer. That's where the Bills are with him now. It's time to find the best veteran QB without a job either now or in 2-3 weeks. Get him here, get him ready, let him play when EJ goes down again or just plain fails. There's a lot of talent on this team, don't squander it on trying to save EJ. He's a sunk cost. Don't give up yet, fine ... but be ready to make the switch before the season is shot (again).

Can you also tell me the lottery numbers and tell me which high risk stocks i should move my retirement fund into since you can see the future and tell things that others cant.

My point to all of you wasn't to mislead you.

I am always very optimistic when it comes to the Bills. I've been a fan for a very long time (50 years)....that's a lot of losing to endure my friends. I want the Bills to succeed more than anything, but we you see the lack of confidence, the poor decisions, the inaccuracy you have to call it like it is.

I've just seen way too many former Bills QBs come and go. I just wanted to see something encouraging.

What I saw from Manuel the other night was NOT encouraging. He was not comfortable in the pocket. He did not act like a starting NFL QB. I'm not saying that he's a bust, but it appears to me that he could be......and I don't even like saying that.

Secondarily, it seems very odd to me that a team who is intent on making the playoffs does not have a high quality vet QB for Manuel to learn from or who could take over for him to keep us in the hunt for the playoffs.

From what i saw vs the Giants it appears that we are way too weak at QB to make a playoff run this year. I hope that Manuel snaps out of it...and soon.

The real mistake was two years ago when we could have competed with KC to get Alex Smith. He doesn't throw picks, is accurate and now has played at a high level for three years. Woulda, coulda, shoulda.

Alex Smith had 1 td and 11 ints as a rookie. He has developed into a serviceable starter. Maybe we should try & let EJ do the same.

What I saw from Manuel the other night was NOT encouraging. He was not comfortable in the pocket. He did not act like a starting NFL QB. I'm not saying that he's a bust, but it appears to me that he could be......and I don't even like saying that.

Very much disagree with the first sentence (I thought he looked remarkably and noticeably comfortable in the pocket), and not sure what it is you mean by the second sentence. He doesn't act like a starting QB? How should he be acting?

We (most of us) anyway, knew that Maneul was a "project"... 10 games into that project, many are ready to throw in the towel, choosing to ignore any positives of the kids' game, and focus only on the problems with his game. The more people say "I hope I am wrong", or "I hate to say it, but..." the stronger the sense that yeah, they love saying it, and they assume they are right...and some have been doing this since the Browns game last year...what is the rush to piss all over this kid, and this season? Like it or not, he is our QB, likely for the next two years, at the very least...

Edited by Buftex

Alex Smith had 1 td and 11 ints as a rookie. He has developed into a serviceable starter. Maybe we should try & let EJ do the same.

51TDs and 53INTs in his first 5 years. He was also benched in favor of Shaun Hill and JT O'Sullivan in 2008.

The thing is though Alex has turned the corner into a very good QB. EJ may or may not. If I had the choice of starting Alex or EJ THIS YEAR and get the monkey off our back I'd go with Alex all day. Bird in hand ...

That said, I really like EJ and think he will be decent. We've been Living on a Prayer with our QBs for a long long time. If I could get a sure deal, I'd go for it.

The thing is though Alex has turned the corner into a very good QB. EJ may or may not. If I had the choice of starting Alex or EJ THIS YEAR and get the monkey off our back I'd go with Alex all day. Bird in hand ...

That said, I really like EJ and think he will be decent. We've been Living on a Prayer with our QBs for a long long time. If I could get a sure deal, I'd go for it.

You make a good point and at this point, Smith is the better qb. But to me, Smith is meh. The Bills game summed up his success as a NFL qb. He "won" a game without scoring a td because of Jeff Tuel. Before last year, his career high in tds was 18. EJ as a rookie threw 11 in 10 games.

I'm hoping Smith is the absolute basement for EJ. Honestly, I don't think there is anything special about smith. But he is safe. I want EJ to be better than just safe but if he can do a Smith impression this year, I will gladly take it & how he develops into something better.