Based on the EJ reactions... Players who should be cut immediately...

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the point the OP is trying to make, is people have already made up their mind on whether EJ has improved or not based on 7 throws in 1 preseason game.

Actually, the HOF game is not about a change one way or the other in EJ's game. He is remarkably consistent going back to FSU.

This little debate over EJ is all fun and games for now. Time will reveal who is right and wrong. Just keep watching.

Soon the debate will change from "Can EJ do it" to "Where do we go now?"

You have to be atleast a little concerned about EJ. Staring down receivers and making no reads whatsover is a huge red flag. It's not like he is a rookie anymore.

Not sure if this counts as a read, but on the first down completion to Mike Williams, it was a run play. But he saw the DB playing 8 yards back and winged it out to him.

Actually, the HOF game is not about a change one way or the other in EJ's game. He is remarkably consistent going back to FSU.

This little debate over EJ is all fun and games for now. Time will reveal who is right and wrong. Just keep watching.

Soon the debate will change from "Can EJ do it" to "Where do we go now?"

Wait, is it "time will tell" or is it "the debate will change to 'where do we go now'"?

If time will tell, then perhaps you can allow it to do so before claiming clairvoyance?

Not sure if this counts as a read, but on the first down completion to Mike Williams, it was a run play. But he saw the DB playing 8 yards back and winged it out to him.

Of course it's not. He did something that was successful. We cannot acknowledge that as anything other than what it is. Pure luck.

He's played in 10 games, holmes. It is your prerogative to wait for him to fail, but I prefer to be a Bills fan.

To the OP... I realize you're being tongue in cheek but regarding EJ, you don't think your sarcasm is warranted.

Unlike every other name you've listed EJ is not a new player, nor is he a player like Spiller or FredEx who've shown us what they can do. The simple fact is that EJ has not done very much to instill the confidence that he can be a decent NFL starter.

I hope that if the lights don't go on for him this season that we scrap the EJ project and look for somebody else. There are simply TOO MANY examples of quarterbacks being drafted later than EJ who have produced better results with more consistency.

He's played in 10 games, holmes. It is your prerogative to wait for him to fail, but I prefer to be a Bills fan.

To the OP... I realize you're being tongue in cheek but regarding EJ, you don't think your sarcasm is warranted.

Unlike every other name you've listed EJ is not a new player, nor is he a player like Spiller or FredEx who've shown us what they can do. The simple fact is that EJ has not done very much to instill the confidence that he can be a decent NFL starter.

I hope that if the lights don't go on for him this season that we scrap the EJ project and look for somebody else. There are simply TOO MANY examples of quarterbacks being drafted later than EJ who have produced better results with more consistency.

EJ Manuel - 3 batted passes? Cut.

Sammy Watkins - No catches? Possibly miss ran routes? Cut.

Mike Williams - Missed catch in the endzone? Cut.

CJ Spiller - Only one run, for only two yards? Cut.

Fred Jackson - Three yards per carry? Cut.

I won't even get into all the follies of our second and third units. Man, this one game determined the worth of absolutely everyone on our team.

I'm switching to soccer.

Yes we should def cut him after seven passes.....

S.E.V.E.N.

The key to the Bills actually being good enough is not only finding quality starters at QB or any other position but also having reasonable plan Bs for every position because no one knows in the modern NFL when an Alonso is gonna blow out his ACL (and even worse our Plan B Bradham is gone for a game due to an unprofessional action). The braintrust does have some limitations due to the salary cap for having the needed plan Bs for every position due to the salary cap, but the answer is NOT just willy nilly to cut any player who is not capable of starting, but instead find a plan B who is capable of starting or at least least being better than our failed starter.

We should only cut Manual IF we have a better option. As much as people may hate Manual I do not have enough belief in Tuel or Lewis that I think we want to give up on Manual.

Even if there were better options we can't cut manual. I checked the roster and there's no one on the team by that name.

I don't care if you're for him or against him but at least spell someone's name right.

If you're making fun of a player it's one thing but set your phone/tablet to recognize the spelling.

You're not the only one that has done it but it just gets annoying to me after a while. Sorry for taking it out on you.

Yes, anybody who has watched the Bills the last 14 years should know not to second guess the front office when it comes to evaluating QBs.

Yes because of course the decision makers for the last 14 years have all remained the same so it makes sense to blame this years coaching staff and GM for decisions that were made 5 years ago

Gotcha

By your logic, the converse would then be true. so let's start etching the bust of EJ Manuel.... now in fact, so much slack is given to the guy let's just forego the whole merit system and give him a spot next to Walter Payton, he is a nice guy, so yeah....

After 14 years of piss poor play, your jab at the over-reactions are pretty unwarranted, especially this year. I could agree with you, and probably would have if it hasn't been wash, rinse, repeat for 1.5 decades. couple that with the potential of Jon Bon Douchebag as a very probable new owner of the team selling us the tale that he's on our side, and you have a higher level of malcontent towards the team. The fans know time is running out for them to see a championship parade down Main Street, so our collective tolerance levels for things like EJs performance are at an all time low.

I don't even want to think about the $h1tt QBS we've had to choke down as starters in the past, I mean JP Losman, Capn Checkdown, really? I'd be a little sympathetic if just those 2 AssMunches didn't wear a Bill uniform...

So i say let 'em vent, let 'em over-react, they(me included) have earned it.

Ohh yeah, some of us even bought jerseys of said AssMunches, so we can put a dollar amount on a tangible piece of team misery....

The problem with this there are plenty of naysayers ready to start moving on from EJ and are already bitching about not having a number 1 pick next year........while there are very few fans that are saying EJ is for sure the answer......

Wait, is it "time will tell" or is it "the debate will change to 'where do we go now'"?

If time will tell, then perhaps you can allow it to do so before claiming clairvoyance?

Har har. My point is you can believe me or not believe me, but time will reveal the situation to all of us. My prediction is EJ turns out to be a bust. If you think he will be the next Jim Kelly, great.

We don't have to debate this and find an answer today. We will all know the answer soon enough.

By the way, you don't have to blindly support EJ or any other Bill simply b/c you love the team and want them to succeed. My criticism of EJ largely stems from my love of the team.

Just banish the team to Toronto already. And on the bus ride play "Bad Medicine" on a continuous loop.

followed by "Shot through the heart and your too blame"

Har har. My point is you can believe me or not believe me, but time will reveal the situation to all of us. My prediction is EJ turns out to be a bust. If you think he will be the next Jim Kelly, great.

We don't have to debate this and find an answer today. We will all know the answer soon enough.

By the way, you don't have to blindly support EJ or any other Bill simply b/c you love the team and want them to succeed. My criticism of EJ largely stems from my love of the team.

Has ANYBODY called EJ Manuel the "next Jim Kelly"

As soon as people start making these broad generalizations they are immediately dismissed.....or at least you should know that

What is your opinion of tj Graham? Just curious honestly.

Is there any room for results somewhere between bust and Jim Kelly?

By your logic, the converse would then be true. so let's start etching the bust of EJ Manuel.... now in fact, so much slack is given to the guy let's just forego the whole merit system and give him a spot next to Walter Payton, he is a nice guy, so yeah....

After 14 years of piss poor play, your jab at the over-reactions are pretty unwarranted, especially this year. I could agree with you, and probably would have if it hasn't been wash, rinse, repeat for 1.5 decades. couple that with the potential of Jon Bon Douchebag as a very probable new owner of the team selling us the tale that he's on our side, and you have a higher level of malcontent towards the team. The fans know time is running out for them to see a championship parade down Main Street, so our collective tolerance levels for things like EJs performance are at an all time low.

I don't even want to think about the $h1tt QBS we've had to choke down as starters in the past, I mean JP Losman, Capn Checkdown, really? I'd be a little sympathetic if just those 2 AssMunches didn't wear a Bill uniform...

So i say let 'em vent, let 'em over-react, they(me included) have earned it.

Ohh yeah, some of us even bought jerseys of said AssMunches, so we can put a dollar amount on a tangible piece of team misery....

Homey-

It's plain silly to dump the pain and suffering on EJ from 14 years ago. He was in like 3rd grade when that all started. Yeah, sure, he was 6'3" and looked way older, but cut the guy a little slack.

Feel free to toss remotes at the TV relative to the Bills in general though.

I always thoughts it was "Homes", as in Home Boy. Or Homey D. Clown.

Edited by leh-nerd skin-erd