NFL experimenting with PAT during pre-season

Doesn't this basically eliminate the fake extra point play?

What if a team wants to go for two, but they line up to make it look like they are going for one?

That's an exciting play that the NFL would be doing away with.

No coach will risk going for two from the 15.

No thanks, leave it the way it is.

What if a team wants to go for two, but they line up to make it look like they are going for one?

i guess thinking like that would make it just as successful of a fake!

I can't remember the last time I saw a fake PAT play in the NFL. Usually it's because of a bad snap to the holder.

I don't see the PAT, or any type of extra pt. conversion, eliminated from the game any time soon. It helps them cram 10 minutes of commecials in after every touchdown.

TD--bunch of commercials--PAT--bunch of commercials--kick off--bunch of commercials--play

i say keep it the way it is but have a randomly selected drunk fan perform the kick. to make it even more exciting, i would award the team an extra ten points if the fan pukes on the field at any point during the play. you could do the same thing for punts, fyi.

I don't see the PAT, or any type of extra pt. conversion, eliminated from the game any time soon. It helps them cram 10 minutes of commecials in after every touchdown.

TD--bunch of commercials--PAT--bunch of commercials--kick off--bunch of commercials--play

When do they play commericals right after the TD? They usually get lined up for the PAT quickly, during which the station shows the replay.