[closed]My sense of the bottomline on Spiller

Hplarrm

Its interesting me that he has not even picked an agent yet. What this says to me is that Spiller has likely made a calculation that one hires an agent to do what an agent does which is negotiate. There is nothing for his interests to negotiate right now and thus he has no interest in hiring an agent.

I like this.

Right now the only thing that matters to Spiller right now is how he does on the field. If he does well he is in better shape whether negotiating with the Bills or looking to go elsewhere. If he does poorly he is in worse shape whether negotiating with the Bills or negotiating to go elsewhere.

This all sounds good to me as this player has all sorts of incentives to simply perform.

From the Bills perspective to decision to extend Jax by a year is a marginal good thing as well. It simplifies the situation in that we simply do not have two higher stakes variables operating at the same time.

I really like as a Bills fan that the team comes into the current reality with:

A. A RB tandem which last year produced at a highest level both running and catching the ball even with fighting the Spiller high ankle sprain and the wear and tear on the seasoned Jax.

We added Brown who has demonstrated signs that he can even be a credible #1 RB.

Dixon should not be relied on but even he has potential as the #4 to step-up and might even be able to contribute from a bench role in specific real situations.

Add to this the team has logical hopes at WR with the highly valued #1 Watkins, the impressive rookie performance of our #2 WR, and some good potential from our previously troubled at 2 other chances #3.

Further, the OL has done a good job at assembling two legit talents in Glenn and Wood, a couple of possible #1 talents in Richardson and Henderson who went lower than many had them pegged if all it took was on their physical skills, and good competition the remaining slots.

Last (appropriately but not leas in reality) Manual is looking like a talented athlete who cannot do the job alone, but the Bills braintrust has the plans above so Manual will not be asked to do things he cannot do.

This has a reasonable chance of working and at least should provide a competitive product fun to watch.

This should be fun.

I would add that maybe he doesn't have an agent because he feels there no need to have an agent at tho point because he does not plan to resign with the team and plans to test FA.

From what he has actually said on the topic, however, there is no reason to think that. ;)

His agent passed away. He didn't have any urgency to find a new one. He has been speaking with a few, and with a few players, about what he might do. He's close to making a decision on a new agent now, right before he begins his contract year, although he still has a player option he could accept which has escalators that could pay him 12m next year. he has repeatedly said in public that he would like to stay with the Bills and very much likes it here.

(That, of course, could be that he is simply a good guy and that is the correct thing to say, but he is also not the bullshitting type.)

Also, choosing the right agent is one of the most important decisions a player can make. He's better off taking his time to make sure he finds someone who's both a good fit for Spiller personally, and who has a credible history of competence. I.e., not Master P.

Also, choosing the right agent is one of the most important decisions a player can make. He's better off taking his time to make sure he finds someone who's both a good fit for Spiller personally, and who has a credible history of competence. I.e., not Master P.

He should choose Todd France, who is the super agent that runs Terry Pegula's agency. He's one of the best in the biz.