Training Camp tweets and media reports, Week 2

which vet did you want in FA? I can't really who was out there besides Vick and McCown.

McCown would have been decent for sure. Vick would be a better option than they have. I didn't really look into who might have been available. It's not like I wanted a great player that was impossible to get. I'm very aware that it is not easy and the pickings are usually slim. But EJ is shaky (although I think he will exceed his low expectations), Thad is average at best. And Tuel sucks until proven otherwise. It gives me little confidence.

If EJ stays healthy, and we don't get obliterated by injuries again, I think our offense will be pretty good. The backs are great as a foursome. The foursome of WR with Sammy, MWilliams, RWoods, and Mgoodwin are very talented and diverse. The line should be okay. EJ just has to manage the game, and kill it on a few passes a game, and we will be good.

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McCown would have been decent for sure. Vick would be a better option than they have. I didn't really look into who might have been available. It's not like I wanted a great player that was impossible to get. I'm very aware that it is not easy and the pickings are usually slim. But EJ is shaky (although I think he will exceed his low expectations), Thad is average at best. And Tuel sucks until proven otherwise. It gives me little confidence.

If EJ stays healthy, and we don't get obliterated by injuries again, I think our offense will be pretty good. The backs are great as a foursome. The foursome of WR with Sammy, MWilliams, RWoods, and Mgoodwin are very talented and diverse. The line should be okay. EJ just has to manage the game, and kill it on a few passes a game, and we will be good.

both of those QBs reportedly wanted to compete for a starting job and Whaley was vocal that our starting job was locked down. So I doubt either would have considered bflo as an option even if the Bills were willing to pay more than the jets and bucs did. As another poster mentioned, hill would have been a decent fit IMO.

both of those QBs reportedly wanted to compete for a starting job and Whaley was vocal that our starting job was locked down. So I doubt either would have considered bflo as an option even if the Bills were willing to pay more than the jets and bucs did. As another poster mentioned, hill would have been a decent fit IMO.

Hell, Mark Sanchez would be better and he sucks balls. Cassell, Hill, Henne, Jason Campbell. Maybe a Hughes for Kelvin Sheppard trade for a guy on a team with two other good QBs. Vick, too, didn't have to have a chance to start (although the Jets job offers him a better chance, unless EJ got hurt.

Hell, Mark Sanchez would be better and he sucks balls. Cassell, Hill, Henne, Jason Campbell. Maybe a Hughes for Kelvin Sheppard trade for a guy on a team with two other good QBs. Vick, too, didn't have to have a chance to start (although the Jets job offers him a better chance, unless EJ got hurt.

sanchez supposedly looking good in Philly but doubt chip lets him go and rides it out with Barkley as the #2 based on how he looked last yr when forced into action last yr.

I know, then we would lose our chance to win the Salary Bowl.

i don't think it was all money. We had all that dead money with him anyway. It was that he didn't want to be a backup here. And buddy nix's phone call. He thinks he can be a starter. And look, he is. Again. He isn't a franchise QB but he had better situations elsewhere to start. I believe pride was a factor.

Van! Always appreciate any Van sighting. God bless him.

yes please do God : )

Buffalo Bills@buffalobills 2m

First on the field at #BillsCamp today: @EJManuel3. Time to work!

Mike Rodak@mikerodak 29s

Steady rain starting to fall as Bills take the field for Wednesday practice. They're in full pads again.

Mike Rodak@mikerodak 2m

Bradham is eligible to participate in camp and preseason. He's currently walking to practice with his teammates

Mike Rodak@mikerodak 14s

Bills players are being turned around. Heading to turf field instead of grass field as heavy rain falls. pic.twitter.com/T50okfSb79

Btz4L-gCEAALhdY.jpg

Mike Rodak@mikerodak 51s

Scott Chandler (groin) will not practice again today

Buffalo Bills@buffalobills 24s

Quick change: #Bills are shifting today's practice to the turf field (behind them here) due to rain. pic.twitter.com/hXkr6CPPUk

Btz4zFBCEAEVtLD.jpg

john_kucko@john_kucko 20s

One of my all-time favorites! Van Miller at #Bills camp today #BillsMafia pic.twitter.com/Pe7cag3HSi

Btz48CHCAAEdU4F.jpg

Love this Picture ^ Edited by 3rdand12

He might even steal some playing time if he keeps this going into the preseason games.

Kirby, please stay away from sharp objects.

I laughed heartily. Thanks for being on the show !

: )

I lol'd, but damn. TJ Graham's durability is often (rightfully) overshadowed by his stone hands, but we may need him after all.

It's true enough C .

i don't think it was all money. We had all that dead money with him anyway. It was that he didn't want to be a backup here. And buddy nix's phone call. He thinks he can be a starter. And look, he is. Again. He isn't a franchise QB but he had better situations elsewhere to start. I believe pride was a factor.

Absolutely and every bit of your words i find correct

Who cares what he wanted? He was under contract. The Bills have a sorry history of accommodating players' wishes to leave.

Who cares what he wanted? He was under contract. The Bills have a sorry history of accommodating players' wishes to leave.

Sooo you wanted to pay the backup 7 million.

That would be laughable and this board would be up in arms about it. Fitz wasn't going to restructure his contract. Thats his right. The Bills made the right move 100%

Sooo you wanted to pay the backup 7 million.

That would be laughable and this board would be up in arms about it. Fitz wasn't going to restructure his contract. Thats his right. The Bills made the right move 100%

I hear you, but they paid Kolb half of that, plus with Fitz's dead money, I don't think they ended up below that $7M number (and possibly they ended up above it). I'm not going to crusade on this because it's just Fitz we're talking about, but I continue to believe they made a mistake letting him walk.

I know, then we would lose our chance to win the Salary Bowl.

i get it. but the reality is that dollars play a huge part in it all. take money out of the equation and fitz would be a great backup for this current team. i agree with you, its just not realistic.

you have to weigh so many more things than just the player and the place. ill take thad and his 81 qbr last year over an overpaid and disgruntled fitz.

The link makes it sound like it's the Chief receiver of the same name--anyone know if that's the case?

Yes, its the Chiefs receiver.

"Injuries may eventually help the Chiefs thin their crowd at wide receiver. Veteran Kyle Williams was the latest receiver to leave practice because of a hamstring injury. He pulled up while running a route and immediately grabbed his leg. Williams was having a strong camp but an extended absence might force the Chiefs to turn elsewhere for receiving help."

http://espn.go.com/blog/kansas-city-chiefs/post/_/id/6746/chiefs-camp-report-day-9?ex_cid=espnapi_public