Most Exciting Bills Game Ever

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm 30 so the best games I've been to were the two big wins vs the Pats* (2003 and 2011) and the Dallas MNF game. As others have mentioned, the atmosphere at the Dallas game was unreal. I was basically suicidal afterwards- going from screaming nearly the entire game to losing at the end was hard to handle. But even still, that last minute heartbreak doesn't detract from what an amazing game that was.

Honorable mentions go to last year's Panthers and Ravens games. During those games there was so much hope that the Bills might be primed to make a playoff run and that they'd finally found a QB. Well, as Paul Harvey said, "now you know the rest of the story."

the 77 second miracle was a smash mouth defensive battle in the first half. i really enjoyed seeing the bills be able to play that way. i did not consider it boring.

That game was very exciting at the very end of the game, final score 29-28. Game 3, 1990. Denver was up 21 to 9 in the 3rd quarter, and was looking to win until that 20 point turnaround in the 4th quarter by the Bills. Both teams were 2-1 going into that game.

Back then the Bronco's didn't have a 1000 yard rushing RB to help John Elway until Bobby Humphrey got to Denver in 89. It was looking hopeless for Buffalo as Elway just kept driving his team down the field. The Broncos 208 yards rushing, Elway 221 yards passing. The Bills really looked pathetic with only 64 yards rushing, and 167 yards passing. The Bills had 3 turnovers, and Denver had 5 turnovers.

Denver finished the season 5-11 that year, anyone remember who the Bronco's OC was for that year? Or who Denver's QB coach was?

1981 Bills Patriots game. Bills down by 4 at their own 27 with no timeouts. Roland Hooks makes a spectacular diving catch to get to the Patriots 36 yard line. Then catches a Hail Mary on the very next play to win the game, which helped the Bills get to the playoffs.

http://www.nfl.com/v...Hail-Mary-catch

Was reading through the thread to make sure no one mentioned it before I did...2-1/2 pages before it was mentioned. I've been to most of the biggies mentioned here, this one, the 77 second miracle, comeback game, more recently the Dallas Monday nighter, 2011 win vs NE as well as Oakland the week before (or was it after?) All were great, The Comeback is the winner for me. Edited by Steve O

My favorite game I ever attended was the Bill/Dolphins circa 2002/03 (I think). It was the "quintessential snow game" that Bills lore has been shaped by. Ricky Williams ran for 200+ yards but Bledsoe had an amazing game hitting Price for the go ahead TD right in front of me in the corner of the end zone.

Really not a prestigious game, but it summed up what me "perfect" Bills game would be.

Houston comeback.

stayed. West end zone seats. Couldn't speak clearly for days from the screaming i did at those nasty ole Oilers.

Frank Reich FTW

Joe ferguson outguns Marino in the orange bowl, 38-35, 1983.

Now that must have been a game !

Off the top of my head, the firstof which is obvious:

1. Playoff comeback win against the Oilers. Epic.

2. MNF loss to Cowboys a few years ago under Jauron. Was a loss but incredibly exciting.

Good call on 1988. Fred Smerlas blocked that kick.

The 51-3 game was exciting for all the reasons mentioned, I remember that being the coldest game I ever went to.. Maybe it was the wind chill. I had long johns, jeans and sweatpants under my friggin zubaz pants and my legs were still numb!

Edited by SJDK

bills -chiefs afc championship 30-13. have some great photos of Montana getting sacked. froze but it was well worth it.

If you froze at that game, you should have been there the week before!

currently live in tn and attended the game after a year in the middle east. had a portable tv with me so when ever I sat down I had a lot of new friends to help crowd in and keep us warm. I ad been colder at the rockpile but it had been awhile since I had been to a home game.

(1990)Denver finished the season 5-11 that year, anyone remember who the Bronco's OC was for that year? Or who Denver's QB coach was?

nobody?

Chan Gailey was the Denver OC that year. He was the Broncos QB coach in 88, and moved up to OC for 89-90. That 1990, 5-11 record was brutal for Denver so they fired Gailey and promoted QB coach Mike Shanahan to OC for 1991.

That 1990 season with Gailey as OC was the worst year in John Elways 16 year NFL career!

For me, it was the victory over Pats in September 2011

Looked like another ho-hum drubbing down 21-0.

Come roaring back, intense the whole way after that, and never gave up. The 3 picks of Brady ... McKelvin's and Wilson's outstanding athletic plays. Even Brady in the post-game commented that Wilson made a "heck of a play". And the big toss down the sidelines to Jones. As much as people hate on the Pats in the Bellichick- Brady era, you have to thank them for being so good they bring out the best in you, and it's an epic victory when you beat them.

http://youtu.be/qgF_9Kxhgqs

My best memory of that game was Belichek pissed off and screaming at the refs to give us the TD at the end. How incredibly ironic :lol: .

Off the top of my head, the firstof which is obvious:

1. Playoff comeback win against the Oilers. Epic.

2. MNF loss to Cowboys a few years ago under Jauron. Was a loss but incredibly exciting.

Good call on 1988. Fred Smerlas blocked that kick.

Watched that Cowboy game in a room full of Dallas fans. Tons of crap talking from them at the start, absolutely none at the end. That game made them better human beings.

currently live in tn and attended the game after a year in the middle east. had a portable tv with me so when ever I sat down I had a lot of new friends to help crowd in and keep us warm. I ad been colder at the rockpile but it had been awhile since I had been to a home game.

Ah - a year in the MIddle East will definitely thin your blood!...............I remember that Chiefs game as being a relief because the Dec. 26th game vs the Jets and then the first rounder vs. the Raiders were by far the coldest games ever here. That week between the Raiders and Chiefs game, I am sure that a record number of hand warmers, etc. were sold. They were at the checkout of every 7/11, gas station, etc.

I have been to 100 games I would say, and that particular MNF game was by far the wildest crowd and most electric atmosphere I have ever been in. Way, way more crazy than any Super Bowl (I have gone to seven of them). It truly sucks we had to lose that game for so many reasons, but as far as pure excitement goes, there wasn't a game that was even close to that one.

Yep, absolutely incredible game and great atmosphere at the Ralph on a gorgeous Fall evening. So many huge plays on defense and special teams. Trent was atrocious, though. I don't think he made a single play the whole game.

I've got to say that I'm lucky because out of all these mentioned, the only games that I did not attend were the Jets game in 1968 (my six year old brain said Hey, I'll bet anybody in the house the Jets beat the Bills. My grandmother bet me a buck. And, she let me out of it, when against all odds, I lost the bet!), the 1973 Chiefs game that I was too sick to go to, and the 1981 Pats Roland Hooks game (that I ended up with a funny story about my father anyway, by listening on the radio).

All the rest - I was there! (Home games only)

I think the term fits for the Jets game that ended with the kickoff return for TD entering overtime.

A game I was at

If I recall, that was the first game of the Drew Bledsoe era! That was actually a pretty fun season all in all...the next week they had an OT victory of Minnesota, on the road...Bledsoe made one of the most beautiful passes I have ever seen from a Bills QB, in that OT...