Back Issues - Need Advice

Chef Jim

Your across the bridge from St. mary's spinal clinic in SF.

Acupuncture will be a waste if the underlying problems are anything more than strain, etc.

Waste time, money, live in pain. or go to one of the best hospitals for your problem in the USA, or arguably the world.

Ask Joe Montana how it worked out for him.

This is not advice but truth from someone who has dealt with it since 1994. Try the rest eventually you will need the best.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

And this is why I don't normally ask for advice here. Everything all of you told me to try didn't work and what most of you told me not to do did. Had the surgery this morning. Home and other than the pain where they performed the procedure the terrible pain down my leg is gone. Let's hope it holds.

But seriously thanks all. We may give each other **** but you're all a great bunch of guys. Well that's until the pain meds wear off then you'll all be back to being a bunch of a-holes. ;)

And this is why I don't normally ask for advice here. Everything all of you told me to try didn't work and what most of you told me not to do did. Had the surgery this morning. Home and other than the pain where they performed the procedure the terrible pain down my leg is gone. Let's hope it holds.

But seriously thanks all. We may give each other **** but you're all a great bunch of guys. Well that's until the pain meds wear off then you'll all be back to being a bunch of a-holes. ;)

Get well soon, Chef.

Wow ... that was almost believable.

Now flame away if you want but serious posts would be helpful. :D

I've had severe back issues since I was in a car wreck in 1972.

I was seeing a Neurosurgeon in 1991 for this same condition.(pancaked L4, L5 discs) I was in such bad shape, I couldn't walk down a flight of stairs at that time.

You have to strengthen your core abdominal muscles, and keep them strong. If you are overweight, do the best you can to lose it.

I beat having to have the fusion surgery because I had Physical Therapy for seven weeks. I worked like a mofo, because I was scared sch!ttless of back surgery.(I still am)

I highly recommend that you get some physical therapy. You can come back from this.

Here is a link to a therapy that may be on the horizon:

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/a-new-hope-for-back-pain-sufferers/

If this procedure goes mainstream, I will have it done for myself.

Good luck.

I've had severe back issues since I was in a car wreck in 1972.

I was seeing a Neurosurgeon in 1991 for this same condition.(pancaked L4, L5 discs) I was in such bad shape, I couldn't walk down a flight of stairs at that time.

You have to strengthen your core abdominal muscles, and keep them strong. If you are overweight, do the best you can to lose it.

I beat having to have the fusion surgery because I had Physical Therapy for seven weeks. I worked like a mofo, because I was scared sch!ttless of back surgery.(I still am)

I highly recommend that you get some physical therapy. You can come back from this.

Here is a link to a therapy that may be on the horizon:

http://www.cbsnews.c...pain-sufferers/

If this procedure goes mainstream, I will have it done for myself.

Good luck.

Hmmm ... looks like we have us a one-upper.