The Great Buffalo Weekend Food Tour 2014

Rubes

So I'm going to be back in town for the home opener (yeah baby!!) and I'm trying to design an awesome weekend food tour to go along with the game. So I'm looking to this group for your top suggestions, because, you know, you're the experts.

I'll arrive late afternoon Friday, so right now I've got some openings:

Friday dinner: want to do a fish fry, looking for a good suggestion

Saturday breakfast: open

Saturday lunch: Ted's dogs

Saturday dinner: open

Sunday: game day, tailgating (grilling) with cousins (Bills win)

Sunday dinner: pizza and wings with cousins (location TBD)

Monday morning: departure, diet ensues

So basically, I'm looking for a great fish fry, a great breakfast place, and one great suggestion for a dinner place to round things out.

Ready? Go.

Breakfast at Betty's downtown.

Hands down best in town.

Dinner-wise, if you want to go pub style, go with Elmo's; fantastic wings and great beer in tap. If you want fancy-as-can-be AND fun, make a reservation at Martin Cooks. Five course dinner with surprise menu...phenomenal.

Fish Fry - The Beach House on Grand Island - East River Rd. very out of the way. Tiny place - great food.

Breakfast - The Original Pancake House - NF Blvd in Tonawanda or Main St. in Williamsville. Get an Apple Pancake - thank me later.

Dinner - Casa di Pizza Elmwood Ave. Calzone.

Breakfast- Break n Eggs creperie. Main Street in Williamsville. Absolutely amazing!!! Trust me. Go there and I'll buy your meal if you don't like it.

Dinner- fish fry- Gabriel's Gate is pretty good. And you can get some good wings there too while your at it.

Wow, some excellent ideas. Thanks, everyone! I'll have to plan this out carefully. I like the idea of Crow's Nest since I grew up partly in Getzville and I want to swing by there for a bit. Danny's South is a great idea too -- anyone know who typically goes there on Saturdays?

Danny's South is a great idea too -- anyone know who typically goes there on Saturdays?

Myself, Lori, Jay Rosen, John Wawrow, Hammer, Pinto Kenny, R. Rich, Mead, SDS, AiO, Rockpile, are the ones that immediately come to mind that show up year after year. Usually start arriving after 7pm.

Breakfast- Break n Eggs creperie. Main Street in Williamsville. Absolutely amazing!!! Trust me. Go there and I'll buy your meal if you don't like it.

Dinner- fish fry- Gabriel's Gate is pretty good. And you can get some good wings there too while your at it.

I'll second Break'n Eggs--former cohort of mine owns it. Authentic French crepes and nice location.

Mrags, are you a Williamsville guy?

Fish Fry - The Beach House on Grand Island - East River Rd. very out of the way. Tiny place - great food.

Family has lived around the corner from here since 81, and the fish is excellant. Had it 100 times at minimum.

But do not,AND I MEAN DO NOT , order anything but the fish. Rest of the food is awful, trust me.

Not that your a Falls guy, but here is a partial list of Falls places to help your agenda in case you head that way.

Mom's in Pine Plaza for Breakfast

Viola's Subs for Lunch...gotta be a steak and cheese

Both of those places right near the outlet mall.

Fish..either Gadowskis or The Polish Nook. Godowskis awful last time i was there, but great place and Eddie is great guy.

Dinner.

Petes Market Inn...good to great steaks and chops at good prices

The Como...again, awful Red Sauce based Italian, but you cant be the atmosphere!if want to imagine the Maggadino crew holding court in here, pretty easy to envision.

Family has lived around the corner from here since 81, and the fish is excellant. Had it 100 times at minimum.

But do not,AND I MEAN DO NOT , order anything but the fish. Rest of the food is awful, trust me.

Not that your a Falls guy, but here is a partial list of Falls places to help your agenda in case you head that way.

Mom's in Pine Plaza for Breakfast

Viola's Subs for Lunch...gotta be a steak and cheese

Both of those places right near the outlet mall.

Fish..either Gadowskis or The Polish Nook. Godowskis awful last time i was there, but great place and Eddie is great guy.

Dinner.

Petes Market Inn...good to great steaks and chops at good prices

The Como...again, awful Red Sauce based Italian, but you cant be the atmosphere!if want to imagine the Maggadino crew holding court in here, pretty easy to envision.

They make other food at the Beach House?? :-) Their wings were good when I lived on the Island (left in 96) but you couldn't get them on Fridays because of the fish fry so I think those are the only 2 things I every really ate there. I try to go every time I'm back in town but my Friday flight up for the San Diego game this year will get in too late.

plenz - how old a person are you? I lived on that end of the Island (North Lane off Baseline).

Myself, Lori, Jay Rosen, John Wawrow, Hammer, Pinto Kenny, R. Rich, Mead, SDS, AiO, Rockpile, are the ones that immediately come to mind that show up year after year. Usually start arriving after 7pm.

Awesome, that sounds like a good one. Think I'll have to try Break n Eggs as well. Thanks for the great tips, everyone.

I'll second Break'n Eggs--former cohort of mine owns it. Authentic French crepes and nice location.

I don't knowing he's from Williamsville, but god almighty don't mention anything about, or that sounds like CJ or Spiller... Lol... Feel free to discuss spin moves...

yeah. Went to Williamsville North. Graduated in 97. Live about a mile from Main Street and Tony Walker Center now.

They make other food at the Beach House?? :-) Their wings were good when I lived on the Island (left in 96) but you couldn't get them on Fridays because of the fish fry so I think those are the only 2 things I every really ate there. I try to go every time I'm back in town but my Friday flight up for the San Diego game this year will get in too late.

plenz - how old a person are you? I lived on that end of the Island (North Lane off Baseline).

Lived on Long Road, moved there in 80 from Love Canal, i was senior at LaSalle so never went to school on the Island. Brothers family still in the same house.

hmmm. We probably know each other

Yeah dude, I dug into the old year book and it was pretty easy to figure out who you are. That is if your name is your first initial followed by the first three of your last name and an S. Name and face are definitely familiar and I'm sure we partied at some point back then. Glad I didn't vote yes to boot ya!

Yeah dude, I dug into the old year book and it was pretty easy to figure out who you are. That is if your name is your first initial followed by the first three of your last name and an S. Name and face are definitely familiar and I'm sure we partied at some point back then. Glad I didn't vote yes to boot ya!

I probably know both you guys--I was North '98 as well.

I strongly urge you to reconsider the vote to boot him...

Hmmm. Both yiu guys have the advantage in me. You know all about me but who are you's??? I feel like Hans Gruber in Die Hard. Do I need to call you guys Roy Rogers and John Wayne?

Yippie Kai yay.... mothua F#%ka!!!

So I'm going to be back in town for the home opener (yeah baby!!) and I'm trying to design an awesome weekend food tour to go along with the game. So I'm looking to this group for your top suggestions, because, you know, you're the experts.

I'll arrive late afternoon Friday, so right now I've got some openings:

Friday dinner: want to do a fish fry, looking for a good suggestion

Saturday breakfast: open

Saturday lunch: Ted's dogs

Saturday dinner: open

Sunday: game day, tailgating (grilling) with cousins (Bills win)

Sunday dinner: pizza and wings with cousins (location TBD)

Monday morning: departure, diet ensues

So basically, I'm looking for a great fish fry, a great breakfast place, and one great suggestion for a dinner place to round things out.

Ready? Go.

Check out Mulberry's in Lackawanna. Amazing Italian food. Lasagna is enormous and their meatballs are to die for.

Edited by Wooderson

Check out Mulberry's in Lackawanna. Amazing Italian food. Lasagna is enormous and their meatballs are to die for.

That looks awesome!

• 1 month later...

Revisiting an old thread because...well, I'm in town now, and wondering if any of these good folks are thinking of Danny's South tomorrow night.