CJ Spiller contract (Jamaal charles deal)

And the way i understood it to be was that Spiller was not for sale.

We shall see what happens this year though

I am starting to be on the fence with this guy... (I hope mrags isn't reading this)...

I still hold some level of hope that in some capacity he can help this team win... He's not a bell cow back and we don't run that type of backfield... But he's certainly more than a Roscoe Parrish... I would be shocked if he put up a stinker, but also wouldn't be shocked if he had 1400+ yards of offense.... I think that the best case scenario is a trade... But absolutely has to be better than a 4th round selection... And that, unfortunately, is not realistic in afraid

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am starting to be on the fence with this guy... (I hope mrags isn't reading this)...

I still hold some level of hope that in some capacity he can help this team win... He's not a bell cow back and we don't run that type of backfield... But he's certainly more than a Roscoe Parrish... I would be shocked if he put up a stinker, but also wouldn't be shocked if he had 1400+ yards of offense.... I think that the best case scenario is a trade... But absolutely has to be better than a 4th round selection... And that, unfortunately, is not realistic in afraid

Well , I like to think last year was the anomaly. CJ may not put up big total #s this year if Nathaniel even uses him correctly . But if he is used properly his ypc an yac could be pretty decent.

Defenses wont be able to just key on him like they could last year.

Alot of that potential , here we go again ! , depends on Manuel. If the Bills have a passing attack worth respecting ,the running game and plays from scrimmage should be much more fruitful.

I dont think he has enough trade value as he has as keeping this bird in the hand .

haha. I read it. And I laugh at you even saying 1,400 yards as he has never come close to that in his career.

He's not worth more than a 3rd or 4th rounder based on his production and chances are we wouldn't get a 3rd for him but I'd do it in a heartbeat. You take what you can get for a guy that will be gone for no compensation and isn't really that good.

Fwiw, I think it's funny how you've changed your tune a little here. From absolutely not getting rid of him no matter what to... If the deal was right. Apparently I'm making some people realize. And if we keep him, after a few games you'll be right where I am... Saying we should have taken what we could have when we had the chance for this underachieving loser

I was almost certain he had 1703 total yards of offense in 2012... My bad...

[/s]

hes a running back right??? Last I checked we like to count his yards in the ground for that position being more important.

Again, other RBs get 400+ yards in relieving as well just like CJ but they actually out up yards in the ground too.

But that doesn't matter considering it's his fluke season that will never happen again.

I'll go out on a limb here with you Cletus , if CJ ever tops 1,200 yards on the ground again in his career I'll buy you one of those cheap knockoff jerseys you like so much.

hes a running back right??? Last I checked we like to count his yards in the ground for that position being more important.

Again, other RBs get 400+ yards in relieving as well just like CJ but they actually out up yards in the ground too.

But that doesn't matter considering it's his fluke season that will never happen again.

I'll go out on a limb here with you Cletus , if CJ ever tops 1,200 yards on the ground again in his career I'll buy you one of those cheap knockoff jerseys you like so much.

Bets are to be made via PM apparently.. But I'm down with that...

Going back to the post you quoted, I said total offensive production, or something along those lines.... That's all... Relatively difficult to get over 1200 yards when splitting time, but I would be pleasantly happy to see it happen...

Bets are to be made via PM apparently.. But I'm down with that...

Going back to the post you quoted, I said total offensive production, or something along those lines.... That's all... Relatively difficult to get over 1200 yards when splitting time, but I would be pleasantly happy to see it happen...

well. I wasn't betting. I was simply saying that if he ever got over 1,200 on the ground I would give you one for free. You need to produce nothing in return if I'm wrong. I'll even sweeten the deal and say he will never produce 1,700 yards of rushing and receiving ever again either.

And it's not relatively difficult to rush for over 1,200 yards. It's not hard. The top RBs do it every season. At least the ones that should be paid $5m a year or more.

well. I wasn't betting. I was simply saying that if he ever got over 1,200 on the ground I would give you one for free. You need to produce nothing in return if I'm wrong. I'll even sweeten the deal and say he will never produce 1,700 yards of rushing and receiving ever again either.

And it's not relatively difficult to rush for over 1,200 yards. It's not hard. The top RBs do it every season. At least the ones that should be paid $5m a year or more.

The top backs from last year didn't split time like out RB's do... Apples to oranges bud... All I really care about it W's... Not the name on the jersey producing them...

Charles

Forte

Peterson

McCoy

Lacy

Morris

Lynch

They didn't split time like our guys did...

More excuses for a guy we have that can't distance himself from an aging vet with injury issues. Keep going tho. This is fun.

I'm not making excuses... I'm stating facts like you... CJ isn't that pound up the middle guy, and that hurts his value to the RB position...

If he gets the ball in space, he's got speed to burn an moves to make it happen.... I'm agreeing with you- I think you just don't like the positive twist on him, lol,,,.

He's got all kinds of moves... Even a spin from what I hear...

PFT is reporting that with the new money, Charles is basically making 28 mil over 4 years.

I would think CJ would get a better deal than that. So, unless we are looking at a 30-35 mill deal over 4 years, I think he will leave.

I don't understand why you'd think that he'd get more- upwards of 8-9m..... The 4 year 35 would put him behind only McCoy and Peterson.

More excuses for a guy we have that can't distance himself from an aging vet with injury issues. Keep going tho. This is fun.

When you think of CJ you MUST think all purpose yards, Because he is a match up problem .

Nathaniel made that very clear last year . and CJ puked. Everyone thought Hackett was being literal , He was being figurative .

Right tool for the job i always say .

I always say that .

mrags your sense of fun is a bit different than mine i bet

Jamaal charles signed, what is basically, a 3-year 18mil contract today. I think this is good news as far as cj's contract goes because 6mil a year for an elite RB seems reasonable to me. Obviously charles is a more proven commodity and spiller is banking on this year but, to me, this is good news.

Very reasonable considering we are still paying Fitz & he hasn't been here for 2 years it couldn't be any worse !!

When you think of CJ you MUST think all purpose yards, Because he is a match up problem .

Nathaniel made that very clear last year . and CJ puked. Everyone thought Hackett was being literal , He was being figurative .

I always say that .

You don't have to count his all purpose yards. His receiving yards don't account for his shortcomings as a RB. But you can think and count on whatever you want. You'll only be disappointed by him like in past years.

I'd really like to know what your sense of fun is an what you think mine is.

There's a reason the Bills reportedly wanted to trade up for Carlos Hyde. They want that type of RB - between the tackles, no-nonsense. If Spiller fit their plans, they would have drawn up more plays for him by now. Bringing in Dixon and Brown shows this. They're one-cut kind of guys.

I believe the LaCanfora report. If the right trade comes up before the season, I think the Bills would consider it.

There's a reason the Bills reportedly wanted to trade up for Carlos Hyde. They want that type of RB - between the tackles, no-nonsense. If Spiller fit their plans, they would have drawn up more plays for him by now. Bringing in Dixon and Brown shows this. They're one-cut kind of guys.

I believe the LaCanfora report. If the right trade comes up before the season, I think the Bills would consider it.

seems like you get it.

I always say that .

"More excuses for a guy we have that can't distance himself from an aging vet with injury issues. Keep going tho. This is fun.

I dont think too much about CJ. Put the best player on the field . I do think about what Nathaniel Hackett will do : )

There's a reason the Bills reportedly wanted to trade up for Carlos Hyde.

Wait a second. There's a reason that an event that didn't happen, based upon an unsubstantiated report, maybe could have happened?

There's a reason I should have bought Apple stock in 1991 but I didn't do it, and no one can verify that I considered it.

LaCanfora's "report" really reads like pure speculation.

Yeah, Fred Jackson is 33 and it's a two back league. Two primary runners with contrasting styles is far more efficient than a single runner.

Hyde would have been Fred's eventual replacement. Not CJ's. This is real information.