The #2 Backup QB spot is up for grabs - who do you want?

Backup QB Competition  

107 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you hope wins the backup QB spot?

• Thad Lewis
    • Jeff Tuel

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would be very happy with Lewis as a backup. I played above anybody's expectations last year. Of course he needs to earn it, but I don't see that being a problem. He's a better quarterback than Tuel. I like Lewis' game.

Well, we know what your real name is :flirt:

I would vote for someone else...i.e. trade a late-round pick for a veteran, or perhaps see if Kyle Orton can be talked into backing up EJ for a year.

I know I'm in the minority, but I thought both Thad and Tuel were brutal last year.

I just read yesterday that Jerry Jones said Orton is NOT planning to retire. Despite reports that he was. Hmmm.

I like Lewis as the backup unless Tuel REALLY shows something

thats about how I feel John, theres lots to like about Thad Lewis from my perspective,

Shows good leadership, mental toughness, quick release, live arm, seems to have a good handle on the Offense, maybe even better then EJ,

My biggest concern with Thad lewis is small hands which equates to fumbles IMO...

Edited by Donald Duck

Sal Maiorana@salmaiorana 12m

Stock rising on Bills' QB Jeff Tuel. Here's my story. http://on.rocne.ws/1rCweB8 via @DandC

This is a terrible article. It says absolutely nothing. It's amazing how a reporter can take a one-sentence statement from the coach re a competion for the No. 2 spot, and turn it into an article, which in turn, provides no meaningful analysis.

How has Tuel looked out there? What makes you think he has improved, such that his stock is rising? How has Thad looked in contrast?

How are these guys shakin' out now that half of camp is over? I figured this'd be a good thread to bump.

seeing the positive talk about Tuel more than Thad it seems

I have not been out to SJF personally, but from reports, Tuel is in the lead and it isn't that close. Not sure how much that has to do with him being good (although it sounds as if he has improved) as much as Thad having a bad camp thus far. Sunday should be a better barometer.

How are these guys shakin' out now that half of camp is over? I figured this'd be a good thread to bump.

seeing the positive talk about Tuel more than Thad it seems

Yeah, looks like Thad has been very inaccurate.

Sweeping statements about an undrafted and

ill prepared by coaches rookie is what is terrible. Let's see who wins the job and stop pretending we know what the Hell we are talking about.

But I thought the team was going to award the backup role based on the result of this poll!