Training Camp 2014...Tweets from all sources, Week 1

Jarrett Bell@JarrettBell 2m

One major takeaway from Bills practice: I can see why they traded up to get Sammy Watkins. He's looked awesome.

GIFF@VPGIFF 8m

More Crossman special team nonsense. No structure, no tempo. I would love to see his practice plan. #luckytohaveajob

GIFF@VPGIFF 8m

For those wondering. Watkins looks to have a nick on his forehead. He's up and smiling. Everybody breathe.

Albert Breer@AlbertBreer 37s

Sammy Watkins back out there for 11-on-11s.

john_kucko@john_kucko 6m

The #Bills are potentially scary good at WR. Here's @flashgoodwin pulling in a pass #Bills #BillsMafia pic.twitter.com/yOPLJa2TPh

BtGAIj_CEAERs5z.jpg

GIFF@VPGIFF 39s

Fight! ! Searcy and woods!

Albert Breer@AlbertBreer 36s

Da'Norris Searcy and Robert Woods just went to the ground fighting ... Didn't take long.

GIFF@VPGIFF 53s

Searcy with the attempted takedown. Belly to back suplex...denied by Woods. Dixon on a nice screen.

Chris Brown@ChrisBrownBills 1m

Woods and Searcy tussle http://wp.me/plmrg-agT

GIFF@VPGIFF 39s

Fear the new beard. Williams from Tuel

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@buffalobills: Mario Williams: "We're doing a few things with blitzes, but mostly (pressure) has been with the front 4" http://t.co/1wpXs2pqXn

@buffalobills: Marrone on @bbwolf94: "This is the happiest I've seen him. I couldn't be more excited for where he is. He's flying around taking reps"

@buffalobills: Marrone on LB @NigelBradham_13: "I saw a change, a commitment. We've been talking for a while about how pleased we are with him"

@nfldraftscout: Definitely the best way to try and stop him. RT @MatthewFairburn: Sammy Watkins was poked in the eye today.

@buffalobills: Marrone on @sammywatkins: "He's a fearless player" #BillsCamp

@buffalobills: Mario Williams: "We're doing a few things with blitzes, but mostly (pressure) has been with the front 4" http://t.co/1wpXs2pqXn

@buffalobills: Marrone on @bbwolf94: "This is the happiest I've seen him. I couldn't be more excited for where he is. He's flying around taking reps"

@buffalobills: Marrone on LB @NigelBradham_13: "I saw a change, a commitment. We've been talking for a while about how pleased we are with him"

@nfldraftscout: Definitely the best way to try and stop him. RT @MatthewFairburn: Sammy Watkins was poked in the eye today.

GREAT to hear that about Bradham. If he's developed football instincts to match with his physical attributes, I will never be so glad to have a plate of crow.

GO BILLS!!!

that was the pass he had triple coverage on him. And it was walk in easy.

Some if the defenders I believe were backups. But you all saw the other one where he did the same thing to McKelvin.

The kid is just fast.

did EJ hesitate to throw it to him in coverage or did he seem confident he would come down with it? The trust factor will be huge.

that was the pass he had triple coverage on him. And it was walk in easy.

Some if the defenders I believe were backups. But you all saw the other one where he did the same thing to McKelvin.

The kid is just fast.

When he runs downfield he makes these quick break moves. I saw one play where he did it at least 3 times on the same play. It was impossible for the defender to stick to him because he would just juke left then juke right....kept doing it until he had separation.

did EJ hesitate to throw it to him in coverage or did he seem confident he would come down with it? The trust factor will be huge.

i was fixated on Sammy throughout the play on that one but Cletusbsaid the same thing to me after. I couldn't tell. Either way, the trust seems to be building. Even from yesterday to today was huge.

When he runs downfield he makes these quick break moves. I saw one play where he did it at least 3 times on the same play. It was impossible for the defender to stick to him because he would just juke left then juke right....kept doing it until he had separation.

yup. Absolutely. Kid is a monster. He honestly moves like Stevie did at times only better because he's faster in his quick movements. And as I said in my practice day thread. He loterally is unseen on the field. EJ throws the ball, your looking rinse where's it's going and Sammy comes from no where to go up and get it. I'm not sure if it's sammy being great at masking his play and his movements only to burst at the end of the play or if it's got to do with EJs trust in throwing it to a spot where he believes sammy will be. Bit it's DAMN EXCITING!!! That's for sure.

SO I just moved to VT from Texas, and Traditionally I pick my teams to watch each year along with a couple under-dog teams. I have always liked watching the Bills because they were such a rare sight on the TV in the south. I remember a few notable years back in the day. So, as brand new New Englander, I am adopting the Bills as my team. I hate the Patriots. And I only like the Jets because because a friend of mine just got drafted second round to them. Never one to shy away from difficult fandom (I am a Texas Tech Red Raider after all), and never one to jump on a bandwagon- I think the Bills are going to be a good fit.

That being said-

Aside from Watkins and EJ

And an MLB who won't be playing.

What are the things you guys are looking at this Camp? Hot position battles? What is the general O like- Spread? And the D? 3-4?

I need a crash course before the hall of fame preseason game.

It's generally 3 WRs on the field and a 4-3 with occasional looks differently on defense.

It's generally 3 WRs on the field and a 4-3 with occasional looks differently on defense.

Thanks, that gives me a place to start. TE on the line I assume, and a workhorse slot.

Michael Thomas@MichaelThomas82 6m

Hey @arkandove...heres a photo of @ajwilliams23 that I took at #BillsCamp. I'll post more photos tomorrow after work pic.twitter.com/zEARwclKEf

BtG-rnVCUAEQdKI.jpg

Ryan@RyanTalbotBills 43m

Great work @VPGIFF - Working Out the Kinks: Buffalo Bills Training Camp Observations, July 21 | Buffalo Bills Draft http://www.buffalobillsdraft.com/2014/07/working-out-the-kinks-buffalo-bills-training-camp-observations-july-21/

Jack Haley@jackhaley42 28m

Check out a photo gallery from today's Buffalo Bills Training camp. http://bit.ly/1n6UCIh #handicapmatch pic.twitter.com/ZUi9GjtqSM

BtG57fTCYAA3eMX.jpg

Buffalo Bills@buffalobills 53m

Photos of day two of #BillsCamp starring Sammy, Mario, C.J. and more: http://goo.gl/2Q9rmV pic.twitter.com/PQhBherUdx

BtG0dbLIMAAPTd1.jpg

:wub:

NFL Media PR@InsideNFLMedia 1h

Reporting from @BuffaloBills Training Camp... @AlbertBreer joined @DanHellie tonight on NFL Total Access. Watch: http://on.nfl.com/1wSzh5X

Edited by YoloinOhio

That las pic is the one where Sammy got injired. The tipped ball went up about 10+ yards in the air and Sammy ce out of no where to come up with it over the defenders. I thought for sure it was going to be an int. But nope.

I LOVE THIS KID!!!

I know I've been a huge Sammy fan since we drafted him but prior to the draft I was against it. I have already admitted to eatting my crow but I'll say it again. This kid is gonna be great.

It's looked to me that he had a little hitch in his throw... Looks like hesitation, not elaborate enough to be a pump fake...

Didn't see it on all his throws, but on occasion- I don't know if he's scared to thread the needle, or saw something else open... Who knows...