Know anyone with a disease? Read this

I just find it funny Chef that you are one of the biggest weed critics on TBD, yet you partake like the rest of us. Seems hypocritical but what do I know?

That said, it's good that you're one of us. :)

It's kind of like someone who drinks but can't stand sloppy alcoholics

Oh and I'm not one of you. ;)

Edited by Chef Jim

I see. Keep it illegal except for people who have a "prescription" for a condition they done even have. Makes sense.

There's something to be said for theories like only landowners get to vote and only people who imbibe responsibly get to imbibe. Maybe I should change my screen name to Aristocrat?

Cannabis Drug Halved Convulsions in Company-Funded Epilepsy Test

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-05-25/cannabis-drug-halved-convulsions-in-company-funded-epilepsy-test

A cannabis-based drug halved the frequency of convulsive seizures in sufferers of a rare, catastrophic form of epilepsy in a late-stage study funded by GW Pharmaceuticals Plc.

The median monthly frequency of convulsive seizures fell to 5.9 from 12.4 among children with a drug-resistant form of Dravet syndrome who took the company’s Epidiolex cannabidiol oral solution. That compared with only a slight decline among patients taking a placebo. Results of the randomized controlled trial -- by researchers in New York, London, Chicago, Philadelphia, Miami, Paris, Melbourne and Boston -- were published Thursday in the New England Journal of Medicine.

Edited by Bob in Mich

• 4 weeks later...

I read that yesterday.

Question is. Why is it a thing now?

Just because it's now legal in many states thousands didn't just start smoking and driving.

I smoked frequently in my 20's and 30's. In that time I was never in nor did I cause any accidents. I don't think that I'm of a rare breed (though some may think so B-) )

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

I read that yesterday.

Question is. Why is it a thing now?

Just because it's now legal in many states thousands didn't just start smoking and driving.

I smoked frequently in my 20's and 30's. In that time I was never in nor did I cause any accidents. I don't think that I'm of a rare breed (though some may think so B-) )

Do you drive better when you're drunk too?

Do you drive better when you're drunk too?

Better? No, but I'd drive knowing the booze slowed my reflexes. I probably haven't driven drunk since I was 26.

I ended up as the DD to take my wife and friends out drinking, (reaping the rewards after) and or hauling the wife and kids.

After a decade or so of being the DD I lost any interest in drinking. I'll have a beer or Strawberry Daiquiri on occasion. Pass me a joint and I'd be happy.

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

Better? No, but I'd drive knowing the booze slowed my reflexes. I probably haven't driven drunk since I was 26.

I ended up as the DD to take my wife and friends out drinking, (reaping the rewards after) and or hauling the wife and kids.

After a decade or so of being the DD I lost any interest in drinking. I'll have a beer or Strawberry Daiquiri on occasion. Pass me a joint and I'd be happy.

What do you do with all your umbrellas?

Good one Spicoli. Any studies showing increased accidents from loser coffee drinkers?

Yes:

A new study shows a staggering 80% of all car accidents and 65% of near misses are caused by distracted drivers more focused on their burgers than the road.

"Distractions like eating can become a problem for drivers who can't react quickly to a sharp curve," according to a study by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.

In addition to burgers, the study has ranked the worst foods to eat behind the wheel based on a survey of drivers.

Coffee is the worst, bringing new meaning to the adage "don't drink and drive."

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/eating-driving-80-car-accidents-study-shows-article-1.427796

Are you stoned again? Because it sounds like you're stoned again.

You do realize that there is a difference between reaching for a coffee cup and not looking at the road and being "stoned drunk" from drinking coffee right?

What do you do with all your umbrellas?

I would make them at home or a family function.

You do realize that there is a difference between reaching for a coffee cup and not looking at the road and being "stoned drunk" from drinking coffee right?

Stoners are too paranoid to take their eyes off the road for too long.

:ph34r:

Drinking coffee, soda, eating a burger call all be distracting, but nothing beats spilling hot coffee in your lap.

This is almost a pet peeves post

I see dozens of people Texting every day. I never see someone smoking a joint while driving.

Q - In the morning, how many women do you see putting make up on or combing / fixing their hair?

Yes, the difference is the coffee drinkers cause way more accidents,duh!

I would make them at home or a family function.

Stoners are too paranoid to take their eyes off the road for too long.

:ph34r:

Drinking coffee, soda, eating a burger call all be distracting, but nothing beats spilling hot coffee in your lap.

This is almost a pet peeves post

I see dozens of people Texting every day. I never see someone smoking a joint while driving.

Q - In the morning, how many women do you see putting make up on or combing / fixing their hair?

I once saw someone knitting while driving. I don't know what's so urgent about knitting that you have to do it while driving.