What is better, no guns, or more guns?

10 hours ago, Andy1 said:

Eventually we will be spending more on training security guards and hardening schools than paying the teachers who can only teach and say the words the politicians allow them. Since we have to cut taxes too, schools will end up cutting teachers but keep the guards. It’s no wonder teachers are leaving the profession. 

MAGA's want education to fail.  More stupid people=more MAGA's.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 2

52 minutes ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

No they won't. They'll just move on to what IS ACTUALLY USED in "mass shootings".... handguns. Most shootings are carried out with HANDGUNS. Not rifles. 

I was not even gonna discuss that with him, because he would be too happy to "ban" all guns until only criminals have them. He is probably worried about assault  revolvers.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, redtail hawk said:

MAGA's want education to fail.  More stupid people=more MAGA's.

So our large cities / urban School systems are now overrun with MAGA’s  you say ? 🤣🤣Education failed years ago… check the numbers. If you can’t pass on your own merits , they make excuses and pass you anyway. It’s no longer about learning and being able to compete. It’s about indoctrination into a moronic liberal worldview. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Orlando Tim said:

I was not even gonna discuss that with him, because he would be too happy to "ban" all guns until only criminals have them. He is probably worried about assault  revolvers.

He has no answers other than "ban guns" which will never happen due to a plethora of reasons. That's his only answer. Many of us throw out ideas, but he only goes back to "ban guns" and "no one needs an AR-15". Blah, blah, blah.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Boatdrinks said:

So our large cities / urban School systems are now overrun with MAGA’s  you say ? 🤣🤣Education failed years ago… check the numbers. If you can’t pass on your own merits , they make excuses and pass you anyway. It’s no longer about learning and being able to compete. It’s about indoctrination into a moronic liberal worldview. 

Ihttps://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2016/02/24/donald-trump-nevada-poorly-educated/80860078/

part of the shysters strategy "I love the poorly educated"...and they love him.

• Eyeroll 2

16 hours ago, BillStime said:

Why does every school need two SROs? 

How much are you going to pay them?

Are you saying there is a price for our kids safety? 

$75,000,000,000 to Ukraine 

If we just hire ONE SRO at each school (we will have just one at our HS that has 800 students)... and if that guys number if correct, that would be what? $5 billion a year? That's 15 years of salaries to protect our kids. Why don't you want that @BillStime?

Edited by ArdmoreRyno
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, redtail hawk said:

Ihttps://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2016/02/24/donald-trump-nevada-poorly-educated/80860078/

part of the shysters strategy "I love the poorly educated"...and they love him.

He means “ the less indoctrinated” Actually though, his policies were good for people on all economic levels That includes the “ poorly educated “ minorities. Economy was great until the Dems saw a way to kill it with their lockdowns and Covid hysteria. The con men are the Dems - men can be women , can’t define a woman, etc etc. 

1 hour ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

If we just hire ONE SRO at each school (we will have just one at our HS that has 800 students)... and if that guys number if correct, that would be what? $5 billion a year? That's 15 years of salaries to protect our kids. Why don't you want that @BillStime?

Exactly. Heck, just get rid of a DEI director at every school and you’re almost there. Safety is “ too expensive”. These libs are truly a joke! 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

Here we go again.

Are we going to provide bullet proof buses? School parking lots? Outdoor sporting events? 

6 hours ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

here is no evidence that anyone at the school was carrying a firearm.

You have no proof that no one WAS armed... and you honestly think ONE person is going to be able to provide security in these really large schools? Have you seen how spread-out schools are in WNY?

• Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, BillStime said:

You have no proof that no one WAS armed... and you honestly think ONE person is going to be able to provide security in these really large schools? Have you seen how spread-out schools are in WNY?

Billsy, you can't prove a negative, just like I can't prove you are not paid to be a hack. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Orlando Tim said:

You have no idea how much money school districts spend, Rochester spends $40K per student. There is plenty of fat in almost every school district to cut without a damage to student situation. Your concern is misguided.

Ok, I may be a little dense but I’m just trying to imagine how this school good guy with a gun works. Schools now have a resource officer (which is great) but that seems inadequate to deal with the threat we are talking about. So I assume our good guy(s)/gals will be armed with AR-15s, I mean they need to fight fire with fire and shouldn’t be outgunned when their service is called for. Bullet proof vests and combat helmets, Glock on the hip too with plenty of ammo on them. Maybe the ARs can have Hello Kitty stickers on them to not scare the kids. They would train urban assault tactics with the local SWAT team. Frequent training is critical, we want them in shape and sharp when they are needed. This isn’t a job for fat retired mall cops.

The high school I went to had 2,000 kids with four wings on the building, 2 floors. Since an 18 yr old screwed up kid with an AR can kill 20 people in 30 seconds, reaction time is critical. My school would need at minimum 8 trained guards, one per building wing and floor to watch over the students each and every day. We will need protection at the school during classes and school events like plays, concerts, club activities, volleyball, baseball, etc. Since these events are during off hours or weekends, we’ll need more good guys trained to cover the time slots. 

School nurses will need annual combat medic training in tourniquets, battlefield wound care, etc. to be prepared for that fateful day. Now it would be stupid for the school to not have adequate insurance to cover the chance of accidental death as a result of the armed good guy who is a school employee. So I would assume their insurance premiums will rise to cover the increased risk. I think that about covers it, but that just keeps the kids safe at school. Or we can do something to limit who gets guns. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Andy1 said:

Ok, I may be a little dense but I’m just trying to imagine how this school good guy with a gun works. Schools now have a resource officer (which is great) but that seems inadequate to deal with the threat we are talking about. So I assume our good guy(s)/gals will be armed with AR-15s, I mean they need to fight fire with fire and shouldn’t be outgunned when their service is called for. Bullet proof vests and combat helmets, Glock on the hip too with plenty of ammo on them. Maybe the ARs can have Hello Kitty stickers on them to not scare the kids. They would train urban assault tactics with the local SWAT team. Frequent training is critical, we want them in shape and sharp when they are needed. This isn’t a job for fat retired mall cops.

The high school I went to had 2,000 kids with four wings on the building, 2 floors. Since an 18 yr old screwed up kid with an AR can kill 20 people in 30 seconds, reaction time is critical. My school would need at minimum 8 trained guards, one per building wing and floor to watch over the students each and every day. We will need protection at the school during classes and school events like plays, concerts, club activities, volleyball, baseball, etc. Since these events are during off hours or weekends, we’ll need more good guys trained to cover the time slots. 

School nurses will need annual combat medic training in tourniquets, battlefield wound care, etc. to be prepared for that fateful day. Now it would be stupid for the school to not have adequate insurance to cover the chance of accidental death as a result of the armed good guy who is a school employee. So I would assume their insurance premiums will rise to cover the increased risk. I think that about covers it, but that just keeps the kids safe at school. Or we can do something to limit who gets guns. 

Arm the Schools just like other government buildings. A 28 year old psychopath whose family / friend ignored the warning signs won’t be stopped from obtaining a weapon illegally. It’s tough for Dems that live in a fairytale world of make believe, but we need to deal with reality here. 

11 minutes ago, Andy1 said:

It must be nice to be 5 years behind the times and pretend you have an original thought. Every school in Florida has an armed officer on campus during the school day. We have one entry point once class starts and only three during entry and exit where an armed officer is at all three. Does it cost some money? Of course, but a 100K a year from a school with a 35 million budget seems reasonable. Literally the math works out to be about $30 per kid per year, of the kids $20k+ expenditures. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Orlando Tim said:

It must be nice to be 5 years behind the times and pretend you have an original thought. Every school in Florida has an armed officer on campus during the school day. We have one entry point once class starts and only three during entry and exit where an armed officer is at all three. Does it cost some money? Of course, but a 100K a year from a school with a 35 million budget seems reasonable. Literally the math works out to be about $30 per kid per year, of the kids $20k+ expenditures. 

That’s great to hear that the problem is all solved in FL. May your kids be safe.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Andy1 said:

That’s great to hear that the problem is all solved in FL. May your kids be safe.

We also will arrest a kid now who threatens to shoot the school, brings weapons to school and brings guns to school. That sadly was not the policy for Cruz who shot up MSD since he did all three openly. 

2 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

Arm the Schools just like other government buildings. A 28 year old psychopath whose family / friend ignored the warning signs won’t be stopped from obtaining a weapon illegally. It’s tough for Dems that live in a fairytale world of make believe, but we need to deal with reality here. 

the reality is that getting rid of AR's would help.

14 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Still waiting to hear why Vegas happened.  

This will join that.  

But gunzzzzzz 

probeseic or whatever his weird name is, is a hack.  Proven liar.  Calling for insurrection.  But I suppose he's a MAGA "patriot".  Anarchy sucks.  Losers want anarchy- they think a reset will let them win.  uh uh.

Edited by redtail hawk
  • Dislike 1