I love Aaron Williams' mindset!

So funny....most here were ready to tar and feather him before last season...

I was thinking the same thing. 75% of posters wanted to get rid of him before last year. Now, his attitude is loved! Just another reason why fans can't be GMs. Too emotional.

But let's keep Williams in mind the next time folks want to freak out about a struggling young player.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a question. Was Williams the one who was pretty caustic towards/about the Bills' fans2 years ago? I don't remember who it was but I thought it was him and I wanted him to go pound sand. Now I think that this guy is going to be our super star and I am thrilled to pieces that we have him! I agree with Johnny Hammersticks, I think that I'm going to buy his jersey this year, along with Kiko and Sammy's. I want to be one of the first ones to jump on Aaron's bandwagon and make sure that I get a good seat! It's funny a little love, attitude and success can change one's attitude. I'm doing a complete 180 on Williams right now! Lol!

Yeah, I actually unfollowed the guy on twitter when he and Bills fans were going at it.

This should be a new topic. It should be "______ is the former whipping boy that will prove us wrong this year." If I had to guess, I would put my $ on TJ Graham or Ron Brooks. I think that they both make the team and turn into solid, contributing NFL players. Neither has the upside of AW but I think that they are guys that we will be glad ended up making the team.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Yeah, I actually unfollowed the guy on twitter when he and Bills fans were going at it.

This should be a new topic. It should be "______ is the former whipping boy that will prove us wrong this year." If I had to guess, I would put my $ on TJ Graham or Ron Brooks. I think that they both make the team and turn into solid, contributing NFL players. Neither has the upside of AW but I think that they are guys that we will be glad ended up making the team.

Fans are so tough on twitter. Bunch of idiots.

As for your question, even though I don't why he is being question, I think Spiller has a monster year.

I love our secondary... To be honest I dont think we will miss Byrd at all. Williams, Graham, McKelvin and Gilmore is a great group and I am confident in our depth this year. We aren't going to have to worry about QB's like geno smith dropping passes right over Rodgers head this year.

And personally I hope Byrd really starts to feel the pressure when picks aren't falling into his lap and he isn't putting up good numbers as a Saint. I may just be bitter but I kinda doubt he will ever live up to that contract and some of his picks may have been gifts.

Well said 'Dog, well said! I couldn't agree more!

We could say the same thing for every member of the defense, particularly those who played in 2012 and 2011, in what could be considered the NFL's worst "scheme" of the last decade.

But, keep in mind, Wanny's rampant incompetence could actually lead us to question just how much impact Pettine really had. Any coordinator worth his spit would have brought some level of improvement to our talented defense.

And don't let the numbers fool you. Last year's defense wasn't that good.

I think last year's defense was good in some areas, bad in some areas, and mediocre in some areas.... averaging out to... average :P

Which is much better than worst ever, so I can't complain too much ;)

I think last year's defense was good in some areas, bad in some areas, and mediocre in some areas.... averaging out to... average :P

Which is much better than worst ever, so I can't complain too much ;)

Yeah, exactly.

But when Pettine was hired by Cleveland, a lot of the same posters who bawled and moaned over our run defense then used his departure to paint him as the second coming of John Madden.

It was great that the Bills gave AW that contract extension the minute Byrd left. I really look forward to seeing him play this year.

Great article, and I had never seen that video of him mic'd up before. Good stuff.

I start to wonder how many players can be a much better S than a CB. Granted, he stepped his game up all around last season, but by most accounts- he wasn't nearly as good at CB in previous years as he was at S last year.

He was a better corner LY when pressed into service too.

Maybe scheme.

Maybe confidence.

Maybe both.

I agree, BB -- it's the reason why I haven't had my panties in a bunch over losing Byrd and Alonso. Staying reasonably healthy is the key, but even if one or two guys go down I no longer worry that they have to put Justin Rogers in the game. This secondary is going to allow Schwartz to do what he does best -- get after the QB with that front seven.

As long as we don't get gashed vs. the run some fun things can happen.

Think that Schwartz will blitz much? You mention front 7, or does he zone blitz?

I was thinking the same thing. 75% of posters wanted to get rid of him before last year. Now, his attitude is loved! Just another reason why fans can't be GMs. Too emotional.

But let's keep Williams in mind the next time folks want to freak out about a struggling young player.

No. I wont. Thank you very kindly .

He was really bad and i closed my eyes when he covered. Same as Leo my man.

Those years were horrible.

Go coach Henderson !

Go coach Henderson !

I feel the same way... I am very pleased how these men have progressed and what they turned into!! I will admit, I thought for sure Leo and AW were done... Very VERY happy to be wrong

I think that there could be some truth to that but I am not sure in AW's case. His physical skill set is really strong across the board. he has very few (if any) weaknesses in his game. I think that he will continue to improve into an elite S. I am driving his bandwagon after wanting the guy gone prior to last year.

please don't post and drive

Go coach Henderson !

It's ironic that you happened to credit Coach Henderson because Aaron credits him largely for helping him get his confidence back or how Wlliams says, 'got his mojo back.' I just ran across this article from earlier today.

Bills Mobile: DBs coach Henderson big mentor for Aaron | http://bit.ly/1n6rf9M

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2014/07/15/dbs-coach-henderson-big-mentor-for-aaron/

It's ironic that you happened to credit Coach Henderson because Aaron credits him largely for helping him get his confidence back or how Wlliams says, 'got his mojo back.' I just ran across this article from earlier today.

Bills Mobile: DBs coach Henderson big mentor for Aaron | http://bit.ly/1n6rf9M

http://blogs.buffalo...ntor-for-aaron/

Donnie has had a very postive influence on the secondary . I have felt strongly about that since watching them play last year.

I was ecstatic he was retained by the Bills .

With Leo and AW coming into their own and also Robey having an impressive rookie year (Gilmore looked solid towards the end of 2013), I wonder who is responsible for the secondary's improvement? Henderson or Pettine's scheme?

I think it's Henderson, but it's tough to say with last year being both coaches first year with the Bills.