How to instantly make the Bills worth more than $1B--Forbes

Anything but Buffalo Bills negates the duality and wordplay of the name based on history's William F. Cody.

The only other sensible regionalized name with the same 'punnish' quality (including the word 'Bills') would be: Niagara Electric Bills.

A better question would be, would you be ok with a name change (complete overhaul) to keep the franchise in WNY?

Unless someone and the area will take in hundreds of millions of dollars, I can't see why they wouldn't keep the name.

While changing the name seems outright stupid to me at this point in time, some marketing by the Bills might be a better move.

Something like New York's only real team, the New York, Buffalo Bills! As our home stadium isn't in a different state, and we don't call New Jersey home.

Seacaucus :sick: is right next to them.

Yes that might be the best way to go New Yorks Team similar to the way Syracuse is marketing their football and basketball programs.

I think the writer was talking about advertising dollars from NYC, not fans. However I still don't think it would work.

However when I originally moved to Columbus Ohio from Buffalo, I was shocked at the number of people that had no clue about Buffalo and NY state. People were always asking me about Central Park, the Statue of Liberty, what it was like to never see trees or grass, etc.

So I guess to some of the rest of the country this could work, but not for the people that would be investing/spending the advertising dollars to put their name on something.

It's a novel idea but a stupid one. Buffalo is 294mi from NYC as the crow flies. New York businesses gain nothing from marketing to Buffalo and the aforementioned Buffalo Bills of New York is as loopy as anything I've ever heard. There are a hundred ways to grow a company's valuation, this isn't even on the list.

I know a good way to make the Bills worth more than $1 billion. Do nothing because they are already worth that much.

And that's a ridiculous idea to change the name. The "Bills" only makes sense because of Buffalo Bill. Wtf is a "New York Bill"? Also, many of us in wny don't want anything to do with NYC or NY state. We get the shaft because all of our tax money goes to NYC. If anything we should break away from NY, not adopt it as our name.

Excellent points

United states bills of Buffalo, NEW YORK.

Earth bills of New York and Buffalo

They can market Intragalactically, The Buffalo Bills of the Milky Way Galaxy in the Sol Solar System on the North American Continent of the Planet Earth in Nation-State of the United States of America in the State of New York.

Buffalo Bills of MWSSS-NAC-PE-USA-NY for short.

Edited by Why So Serious?

They can market Intragalactically, The Buffalo Bills of the Milky Way Galaxy in the Sol Solar System on the North American Continent of the Planet Earth in Nation-State of the United States of America in the State of New York.

Buffalo Bills of MWSSS-NAC-PE-USA-NY for short.

oh yeah that's fair. leave out Erie County... I see how you are