Kiko Alonso tears ACL, then runs a marathon on way to get treatment.

boyst

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Several Points intended to coax some off the ledge:

• Both Pettine's and Schwartz's schemes call for the MLB to take on OGs. Kiko wasn't that guy from the outset, and it was never the Bills' intention to play Alonso in the middle long-term. The moves in FA and the draft for Brown and Spikes this offseason were for that position.
  • Preston Brown learned both the WILB and MLB positions during OTAs/minicamp. He'll compete with Bradham for the Will and Mike. Rivers will be the SLB although Ty Powell is now likely to be the understudy there.
  • https://www.profootballfocus.com premium stats have Bradham 1st among all ILBs in coverage, misleading but a factor.
  • PFF also tracks Tackling Efficiency, essentially the ratio of successful tackles to missed tackles. Spikes and Bradham are top 5 in NFL.
  • Bradham's stop percentage (the percentage of plays "blown up" by a player)=9.5% while Alonso is 8.5% per PFF,which ranks Bradham 38th to Alonso's 50 rank (Alonso has more plays, obviously).
  • While Bradham played 1/3 the snaps of Kiko, he made tackles on a higher pct of plays than Kiko, 14% to 11%.
  • Kiko's ACL tear is the 62nd since this time last year. http://nflrt.com/2014-torn-acl-tracker/

• Both Pettine's and Schwartz's schemes call for the MLB to take on OGs. Kiko wasn't that guy from the outset, and it was never the Bills' intention to play Alonso in the middle long-term. The moves in FA and the draft for Brown and Spikes this offseason were for that position.
  • Preston Brown learned both the WILB and MLB positions during OTAs/minicamp. He'll compete with Bradham for the Will and Mike. Rivers will be the SLB although Ty Powell is now likely to be the understudy there.
  • https://www.profootballfocus.com premium stats have Bradham 1st among all ILBs in coverage, misleading but a factor.
  • PFF also tracks Tackling Efficiency, essentially the ratio of successful tackles to missed tackles. Spikes and Bradham are top 5 in NFL.
  • Bradham's stop percentage (the percentage of plays "blown up" by a player)=9.5% while Alonso is 8.5% per PFF,which ranks Bradham 38th to Alonso's 50 rank (Alonso has more plays, obviously).
  • While Bradham played 1/3 the snaps of Kiko, he made tackles on a higher pct of plays than Kiko, 14% to 11%.
  • Kiko's ACL tear is the 62nd since this time last year. http://nflrt.com/201...rn-acl-tracker/

:worthy:

Please lock the thread now!

• Kiko's ACL tear is the 62nd since this time last year. http://nflrt.com/201...rn-acl-tracker/

So Bradham's the man?

• Kiko's ACL tear is the 62nd since this time last year. http://nflrt.com/2014-torn-acl-tracker/

Nice breakdown astro. Haven't seen you post in a while.

I think missing kiko will suck based solely on how much we think of him and how little we think of bradham/brown.

I'm sure there will be plays that show why we need kiko but I get the feeling Schwartz we work on this during TC and hide our need for him.

Scwartz defense are designed to roll everything to the weak side. In that sense, Kiko was the most important player on defense. Can they really expect the rookie Preston Brown, who was drafted as an inside LB, to fill Kiko's shoes? i think it will be hard for Scwartz to adjust his defensive philosophy

I really didnt know that about Jim S .

But i find it an interesting statement. I admittedly have not done enough due dilgence on the guy and rely on you folk to learn me. mostly

I don't know. Before Kiko got hurt, Bradham was 50/50 to even make the team. I'd be surprised if he turns into a quality starter.

GO BILLS!!!

Its a fair statement . I thought he could be a bubble player too.

I would be pleasantly surprised if he turns into a quality starter. He's a hell of an ahtlete and he isn't bad by any means.

These are very telling points and i am on board. except. the Bills did not use him very much, Snap count percent was something made me think he was a bubble player this after the off season additions bringing depth and leverage to the postion. ( Bills glaring weakness forever it seems ) ,

One of the reasons this sucks is that Kiko moving to what i think , and others here to his natural NFL position .

That part was going to be a focus for me along with watching Spikes . And Spikes could be one hell of a mentor if Pepper thought it cool. so ..

Should be an interesting training camp watching what Bills do decide. and not just this postion.

Go Bills

Another fine bunch of postings here gents

I like Bradham more than Moats... People were sad to see him leave, though it was mostly for his ST play...

Agreed . has more range and burst. Loved the Moats though. Damned fine young Man. Wish him well .

These are very telling points and i am on board. except. the Bills did not use him very much, Snap count percent was something made me think he was a bubble player this after the off season additions bringing depth and leverage to the postion. ( Bills glaring weakness forever it seems ) ,

One of the reasons this sucks is that Kiko moving to what i think , and others here to his natural NFL position .

That part was going to be a focus for me along with watching Spikes . And Spikes could be one hell of a mentor if Pepper thought it cool. so ..

Should be an interesting training camp watching what Bills do decide. and not just this postion.

Go Bills

Another fine bunch of postings here gents

Agreed . has more range and burst. Loved the Moats though. Damned fine young Man. Wish him well .

The really bad part is with spikes in and kiko out for the season, I get the feeling if he shines with a "back up" wlb he's gonna want some hefty cash.

I feel like they signed brown to back up spikes but now that he may be the wlb it will favor spikes contact negotiations come late season.

Time will tell. Hell, If he lights it up I hope they don't hesitate to sign him long term.

The really bad part is with spikes in and kiko out for the season, I get the feeling if he shines with a "back up" wlb he's gonna want some hefty cash.

I feel like they signed brown to back up spikes but now that he may be the wlb it will favor spikes contact negotiations come late season.

Time will tell. Hell, If he lights it up I hope they don't hesitate to sign him long term.

T W , i hope he tears it up. knocks some passes down and leads the team in tackles for the loss.

The man may well earn and deserve a new rewarding contract. I think he would be a loyal as heck player and play every down he was called hard.

I think that it will be more uphill work for Spikes with ths injury to KA news , and if he earns it he should be paid. One of the weakest links on this team has been the LBs as a sum for ever.

I too feel Brown is Spikes apprentice

We can win without Kiko, he had some good games and he will prove to be an all time bill but he's not the best ever yet and we lost a lot of games because of runs up the middle. That won't happen as much this year with spikes and I feel like we have some good talent/speed with whoever plays on the weak side or strong side. In my opinion if there was a star on the team that we could afford to lose and still have a winning season it just might be Kiko

Edited by SJDK

And you care why? Not your money. Reasonably bad karma to wish bad tidings for someone else's potential cashflow, too. If you go in for that Hindu kinda stuff.

I feel like they signed brown to back up spikes but now that he may be the wlb it will favor spikes contact negotiations come late season

If Spikes has a good year, pay the man. He and Pepper know the Pats* and want to beat their as* Edited by YoloinOhio

And you care why? Not your money. Reasonably bad karma to wish bad tidings for someone else's potential cashflow, too. If you go in for that Hindu kinda stuff.

I care because the bills tend to let these types of players walk after a big year. Not really sure how I wishes bad tidings on him.

I care because the bills tend to let these types of players walk after a big year. Not really sure how I wishes bad tidings on him.

Guess I misunderstood your comment; sounded like you were worried if he had a good year, the Bills would have to pay him accordingly. If that is not what you meant, my bad.

I would be very happy if the Bills had to pay him after this year, because it would indicate, he played well.

Guess I misunderstood your comment; sounded like you were worried if he had a good year, the Bills would have to pay him accordingly. If that is not what you meant, my bad.

I would be very happy if the Bills had to pay him after this year, because it would indicate, he played well.

I worry if the Bills WILL pay him accordingly was what I meant. I hope he has a good year and gets a long term deal. Having someone like him in the middle would be great for the foreseeable future.

Edited by The Wiz

I worry if the Bills WILL pay him accordingly was what I meant. I hope he has a good year and gets a long term deal. Having someone like him in the middle would be great for the foreseeable future.

Alan Branch came in on a 1yr deal last year, performed on the field, and was rewarded with a multi-year deal before the season was over.

Whaley gets it done. This aint your daddy's front office.

Bradham... gosh. I just can't be sure what to think?! The guy who gets lost in space now has to account for himself taking on OLs and fighting traffic? I fear he could get lost in the wash.

We can win without Kiko, he had some good games and he will prove to be an all time bill but he's not the best ever yet and we lost a lot of games because of runs up the middle. That won't happen as much this year with spikes and I feel like we have some good talent/speed with whoever plays on the weak side or strong side. In my opinion if there was a star on the team that we could afford to lose and still have a winning season it just might be Kiko

Yes, we can win without Kiko.

It just would have been nice to win WITH Kiko.