Hawk

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LA LA LA LA LAFONTAINE!!!!!!

winter sux.... :(  :lol:

217605[/snapback]

i have a tape of Rick Genarette doing the sabres goals when we beat boston 4-0 in the '93 playoffs...WGR did a special with the goals highlighted, and its great...

Lalalalalala Lafontaine, Alexander the Great and MayDay!!!

what is so hard about this? Do the owners not have the right to sign whoever the hell they want? I don't get it...

Sign some europeans who would be the equivelent of AAA players in baseball. Suit em up for all the NHL teams. Pay em a maximum salary of $400,000/year for the best ones, $75,000 a year for the Rob Rays of the word. Charge $15 for the best seats in the house. Hell, that has to be better than letting these arenas sit empty.

what is so hard about this? Do the owners not have the right to sign whoever the hell they want? I don't get it...

Sign some europeans who would be the equivelent of AAA players in baseball. Suit em up for all the NHL teams. Pay em a maximum salary of $400,000/year for the best ones, $75,000 a year for the Rob Rays of the word.  Charge $15 for the best seats in the house. Hell, that has to be better than letting these arenas sit empty.

217643[/snapback]

good call, i'd go and watch...i gladly paid $10 over xmas to see the amerks play in HSBC...

Sign some europeans who would be the equivelent of AAA players in baseball.

217643[/snapback]

They already have that. It's called the AHL. Only it's not in Buffalo....

Watch some college hockey. It's a lot better competition than the pros. Is the Frozen Four in Buffalo again this year? I forget.

Charge $15 for the best seats in the house. Hell, that has to be better than letting these arenas sit empty.

I'm pretty sure that, at least in Minnesota, they'd get more than $15/ticket. I paid $33/ticket to see the Golden Gophers play hockey a couple of weeks ago, and I paid $25/ticket to watch the Minnesota Swarm (NLL.com - Indoor Lacrosse).

Speaking of which, if you live in Bufflao, you should support the Bandits (if they're not being heavily supported already). Indoor Lacrosse is an awesome sport. I was at the first ever game for the Bandits in '92 and the Minnesota Swarm last Friday... Have yet to see the home team win a game... Maybe this Friday?

CW

They already have that. It's called the AHL. Only it's not in Buffalo....

Watch some college hockey. It's a lot better competition than the pros. Is the Frozen Four in Buffalo again this year? I forget.

217775[/snapback]

But my point is, I want NHL hockey. I want to sit in an arena with 15,000 screaming fans (should we make the playoffs) and have that "feel" of pro hockey.

So, owners, time to hire some coaches, have some open tryouts, and let the new Sabres, Capitals, Rangers, etc take the ice...

f--- these overpaid hockey players who obviously never took one business class in their lives.

i have a tape of Rick Genarette doing the sabres goals when we beat boston 4-0 in the '93 playoffs...WGR did a special with the goals highlighted, and its great...

Lalalalalala Lafontaine, Alexander the Great and MayDay!!!

217608[/snapback]

I used to have a tape of when the Sabs came back to beat Boston 7-6, after trailing 6-1.

They played all the goals consecutively on WGR the next morning.

I forget the year, but I believe it was Andreychuck's rookie year.

"Andreychuck, Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaave Andreychuck!"

But my point is, I want NHL hockey. I want to sit in an arena with 15,000 screaming fans (should we make the playoffs) and have that "feel" of pro hockey.

So, owners, time to hire some coaches, have some open tryouts, and let the new Sabres, Capitals, Rangers, etc take the ice...

f--- these overpaid hockey players who obviously never took one business class in their lives.

217886[/snapback]

I couldnt have said it better Steve...one thing though is BOTH the players and owners are at fault here....and for so many reasons...players are being stubborn, Bettman has also made his share of mistakes (overexpansion, especially into weak hockey markets, rule changes that have hurt the game)

The NHL is a me$$. At this point, just shut the damn season down already, get in the rooms, hammer out a deal that makes sense, and also change some rules for the benefit of the game.

I used to have a tape of when the Sabs came back to beat Boston 7-6, after trailing 6-1.

They played all the goals consecutively on WGR the next morning.

I forget the year, but I believe it was Andreychuck's rookie year.

"Andreychuck, Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaave Andreychuck!"

217904[/snapback]

My favorite was from the playoff game I attended against the Flyers a few years back that Curtis Brown won in overtime:

"He scoooooooores! Curtis Brown, top shelf where Mama keeps the cookies!!!"

and of course "STUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU Barnes!"

*sigh* :)

My favorite was from the playoff game I attended against the Flyers a few years back that Curtis Brown won in overtime:

"He scoooooooores!  Curtis Brown, top shelf where Mama keeps the cookies!!!"

and of course "STUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU Barnes!"

*sigh*  :)

217960[/snapback]

Another jennerant classics:

J.P. Dumont would score....."J.P stands for Just Perfect!"

I believe Pat Lafontaine scored a goal around the Christmas season and he went "falalalalallafonatine!!!"" :)

Phil Housley: "Wowieee Housley"

Jennerant is a LEGEND in my book, and even my friends here in NJ that arent Sabres fans feel the same way.

I want to sit in an arena with 15,000 screaming fans (should we make the playoffs) and have that "feel" of pro hockey.

Then go to a boxing match or a wrestling match. "Feel" is about the same as what passes as NHL Hockey these days.

Then go to a boxing match or a wrestling match. "Feel" is about the same as what passes as NHL Hockey these days.

217972[/snapback]

yeah, ok...

sorry Bobby Orr isn't playing anymore, and the Goalies now wear facemasks, but present day NHL (or last year's NHL even) was still fun as hell for me to watch.

Sorry it has lost the feel for you. It hasnt for me.