Remaining 20 on NFL Top 100

I was super bored and just put it together. So I have 5 that I thought were possibilities but must be off the list altogether because the other 20 are glaringly obvious. Those 5 are Matt Ryan, Jairus Byrd, Josh Gordon, RG3 and Arian Foster. So the remaining 20 are obviously: Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Manning, Adrian Peterson, Sherman, Calvin Johnson, Watt, AJ Green, Jamaal Charles, Jimmy Graham, Lesean McCoy, Julio Jones, Joe Thomas, Robert Quinn, Marshawn Lynch, Earl Thomas, Kuechly, Robert Mathis and Russell Wilson. Right? That has to be it. Although how do you leave off Josh Gordon? He is easily the 2nd best WR in the game. I don't know. Good night.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

I was super bored and just put it together. So I have 5 that I thought were possibilities but must be off the list altogether because the other 20 are glaringly obvious. Those 5 are Matt Ryan, Jairus Byrd, Josh Gordon, RG3 and Arian Foster. So the remaining 20 are obviously: Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Manning, Adrian Peterson, Sherman, Calvin Johnson, Watt, AJ Green, Jamaal Charles, Jimmy Graham, Lesean McCoy, Julio Jones, Joe Thomas, Robert Quinn, Marshawn Lynch, Earl Thomas, Kuechly, Robert Mathis and Russell Wilson. Right? That has to be it. Although how do you leave off Josh Gordon? He is easily the 2nd best WR in the game. I don't know. Good night.

Matt Ryan didn't have a great year. Gordon should be there.

Assuming you are right, are Russell Wilson and Marshawn Lynch really top 20 players? Richard Sherman and Earl Thomas are top 10. I would put Wilson around 30 or 40. He is very very good but I would still take Luck, Brady, Rodgers, Brees, and Manning over him - excluding the age factor.

I like Lynch a lot but top 20? In today's NFL I probably would put only Peterson in the top 30 or 40 players. There are 7-10 QB's, 5-8 CB's, 7-10 WR's, 5-6 TE's, 8-10 OL, and 10-15 DL/LB's better and more important than any other RB in the league besides Peterson. The only other guy that is close is McCoy.

Matt Ryan didn't have a great year. Gordon should be there.

Yeah obviously Ryan is off. I'm thinking Gordon might have been blacklisted because of the drugs. If he is on there then the only possible guy out of my 20 that would not make it is Russell Wilson.

Assuming you are right, are Russell Wilson and Marshawn Lynch really top 20 players? Richard Sherman and Earl Thomas are top 10. I would put Wilson around 30 or 40. He is very very good but I would still take Luck, Brady, Rodgers, Brees, and Manning over him - excluding the age factor.

I like Lynch a lot but top 20? In today's NFL I probably would put only Peterson in the top 30 or 40 players. There are 7-10 QB's, 5-8 CB's, 7-10 WR's, 5-6 TE's, 8-10 OL, and 10-15 DL/LB's better and more important than any other RB in the league besides Peterson. The only other guy that is close is McCoy.

I'm not saying I agree with the list but trust me, Lynch is going to be on there. There is no way that Frank Gore, Eddie Lacy and Reggie Bush made it and Lynch doesn't. No freaking way. I guess I intended for this thread to be more about who you think the 20 remaining players are as opposed to who you think the top 20 best players actually are. And as far as Wilson, I just can't imagine that Kaepernick is on there and Wilson isn't.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

Wilson has to be, right? Lynch is for sure on there too. They got the Super Bowl bump. They might not be top 20 (though close), but they get to make top 20 for the same reason Pitta and Jacoby Jones made it last year.

Yeah obviously Ryan is off. I'm thinking Gordon might have been blacklisted because of the drugs. If he is on there then the only possible guy out of my 20 that would not make it is Russell Wilson.

I'm not saying I agree with the list but trust me, Lynch is going to be on there. There is no way that Frank Gore, Eddie Lacy and Reggie Bush made it and Lynch doesn't. No freaking way. I guess I intended for this thread to be more about who you think the 20 remaining players are as opposed to who you think the top 20 best players actually are. And as far as Wilson, I just can't imagine that Kaepernick is on there and Wilson isn't.

I agree both Lynch and Wilson will be there given there are only 20 spots left and the remaining possibilities. I just don't agree they are top 20 players.

The NFL top 100 is such a popularity contest among the players. There are multiple guys on there are living on their previous years success. No one even really talks about it anymore.

It's silly Byrd will most likely not make it yet he's considered one of the top 2-3 free safeties in the league. I know we have four defensive players, but so what.

Glenn isn't on the list. That's a sin. That's why I don't pay attention to it. I did the first year, but now that I've seen the list for a couple of years, it's just filler for the network when nothing is going on in the NFL. Even the topics on NFL radio are a stretch these days.

Thanks for doing this and nice work!! I thought that Gordon was still to come but maybe his impending suspension has him off the list?

That's crazy.. I have watched the whole series so far and I could have sworn Gordon was there early on like in the 90s or 80s but you're right. I believe he was on a lot doing commentary on other players so that was why I remembered seeing him. I guess I would not be shocked to see him in the top 20 (though I wouldn't put him there personally) but then who on the list you presented would not make it? Yet, leave him out of the top 100 for smoking pot? If the players vote, I can't see that either....

Also, Byrd not in the top 100? Ridiculous IMO.

Edited by YoloinOhio

That's crazy.. I have watched the whole series so far and I could have sworn Gordon was there early on like in the 90s or 80s but you're right. I believe he was on a lot doing commentary on other players so that was why I remembered seeing him. I guess I would not be shocked to see him in the top 20 (though I wouldn't put him there personally) but then who on the list you presented would not make it? Yet, leave him out of the top 100 for smoking pot? If the players vote, I can't see that either....

I was thinking that maybe they left him off because he won't be playing this year. Maybe they left Jimmy Graham off for the 2nd year in a row? Or Julio Jones coming off the injury?

I am not shocked that Byrd didn't make it. I thought that he was better in 2012 and he didn't make it last year. He is a good player (not a great player). With that being said I like him more than 1-2 safeties that made the list but its debatable. Would you rather have Weddle, Rolle, Ward or Byrd?

Edited by Kirby Jackson

IMO, no way Julio Jones makes the list. He played in all of 5 games. While he was looking amazing in those 5 games, 5 games does not a season make. That'll be who comes out and Josh Gordon goes in his place.

IMO, no way Julio Jones makes the list. He played in all of 5 games. While he was looking amazing in those 5 games, 5 games does not a season make. That'll be who comes out and Josh Gordon goes in his place.

Yeah you could be right. I didn't even look at numbers, I was just thinking he was kind of there with AJ Green in that second tier of wideouts.

The NFL top 100 is such a popularity contest among the players. There are multiple guys on there are living on their previous years success. No one even really talks about it anymore.

Exactly

Byrd has never been a talker, has no prime time endorsement deals that I can think of and he spent his entire career so far in Buffalo.

Exactly

Byrd has never been a talker, has no prime time endorsement deals that I can think of and he spent his entire career so far in Buffalo.

Yet he did get paid and other guys like KW and Dareus who have only played in Bflo made the list, so it just seems odd.

Julio Jones was hurt almost the entire season. The list is based on 2014 performances, so no way he's on it.

Matt Ryan and RGIII didn't play well. Byrd and Foster were hampered by injuries. None of them will be on the list either.

Josh Gordon will definitely be in the Top 20.

very interesting......NFL Network may have got caught......

Donte Whitner, the safety who moved from the 49ers to the Browns in free agency this year, took to Twitter on Thursday night and accused NFL Network of "lies" for saying that players vote on the Top 100. When a fan expressed surprise that Whitner didn't make the Top 100 cut, Whitner answered, it's ok. . . . players don't vote on that. Nor does coaches.

"No one in the 49ers locker room voted! None of my friends around the league voted! " Whitner wrote.

http://profootballta...r-nfln-top-100/

this is off the NFLN website

We have closed voting for the fans. You can now compare fan votes to the players' votes. Be sure to keep watching on Wednesday nights!

http://top100.nfl.com/tracker

Edited by papazoid