My boss is a Bears fan and has already started talking smack...

It is, but, Cutler has been injury prone and now they have no one behind him. His backups are Jimmy Claussen and Jordan Palmer. Also need to wonder if he will regress at all now that he has been paid.

Regarding the Bears D:

Game notes from the Lions-Bears series last year:

Both of Reggie Bush's 100-yard rushing games this season have come against the Bears and he's done his damage up the middle. On Sunday, Bush rushed for 85 yards on 10 carries up the middle. In two games against Chicago, he's averaged 9.0 yards per rush up the middle compared to just 4.1 yards in all other games.

Interesting, considering Bush is not a back I would generally run up the middle.

Also, Cutler's QBR in the 1st Lions game was 36.6. He had 3 INTs and was sacked 3 times.

Translation, when it comes to Cutler, Schwartz got this.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now slow down. The Bears offense is good enough to make a Super Bowl run. Their defense, on the other hand, is a SERIOUS question mark.

I don't believe in Cutler. Never had. He's been to the playoffs once (team game but still). McCown was the much better QB last year. 155 td, 112 ints, 84.6 career QB rating. He's meh. But at least he is a great leader!

I don't believe in Cutler. Never had. He's been to the playoffs once (team game but still). McCown was the much better QB last year. 155 td, 112 ints, 84.6 career QB rating. He's meh. But at least he is a great leader!

That's fine, but now he has two big, strong receivers he can just wing it up to.

That's fine, but now he has two big, strong receivers he can just wing it up to.

I guess we'll see. But journeyman McCown was a much, much better qb than he was last year. I just don't think he's anythign special. And you can rattle him very easily.

I guess we'll see. But journeyman McCown was a much, much better qb than he was last year. I just don't think he's anythign special. And you can rattle him very easily.

I don't want to come across as some kinda Cutler disciple here. I'm just not as quick to dismiss him. I think you make perfectly valid points.

This has probably been said already (i apologize if it has), but I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that Jim Schwartz should know a wee bit more about their offense than they know about ours. And, he knows all about playing in Soldier Field. That should help.

Bleacher Report has a good article on Da Bears OL from last year. I can't link to it but the title is:

Chicago Bears: Biggest Misconception of 2013 Season

Sounds like their Guards are really good but Tackles are not. QBs getting rid of ball in Trestman's system made OL look better than it was when looking at # of QB pressures even though sack total down from 2012.

I see both points.

Cutler has weapons at his disposal, so it's all up to him to get them the ball, and he has the ability to move the offense.

At the same time, when he gets pressured, he will make mistakes.

This is a crucial year for Cutler and he has to deliver.

As for the Bears defense, yes they were ranked 30th last year and Peppers & Henry Melton are gone, however they added two young DE's this offseason, Lamarr Houston & Willie Young, and they are about to enter the prime of their careers.

Not to mention that they added Adrian Wilson, Ryan Mundy, Jared Allen & Tim Dobbins. So the Bears were well aware of what they needed to fix on defense.

It's not surprising that Bears fans are thinking Super Bowl, because they did make improvements.

This will be a tough game for the Bills.

I see both points.

Cutler has weapons at his disposal, so it's all up to him to get them the ball, and he has the ability to move the offense.

At the same time, when he gets pressured, he will make mistakes.

This is a crucial year for Cutler and he has to deliver.

As for the Bears defense, yes they were ranked 30th last year and Peppers & Henry Melton are gone, however they added two young DE's this offseason, Lamarr Houston & Willie Young, and they are about to enter the prime of their careers.

Not to mention that they added Adrian Wilson, Ryan Mundy, Jared Allen & Tim Dobbins. So the Bears were well aware of what they needed to fix on defense.

It's not surprising that Bears fans are thinking Super Bowl, because they did make improvements.

This will be a tough game for the Bills.

He was great in Shawshank Redemption. I didn't even know he played football.

In all honestly, I'm not so much worried about Cutler as I am that Bears run game with Matt Forte & Michael Bush. We will find out right away if that bills defense against the run has improved as much as we think it has with Peppers- Spikes.

The best way to nullify the Bills pass rush is to simply have Cutler hand it off most of the game, and have HC Marc Trestman pick his spots to have Cutler throw. The Bears did average 4.5 yards per carry last year.

On another note the Bears won their opening game at home against the Bengals last year, and it was all passing from both teams. Then they went on to win their first three games.

My boss here in London is also a Bears fan. I'm not looking forward to the Monday morning after if we lose the opener.

IF Never say IF.

Have you never watched: "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown"

IF! Never say IF... When we win, you will want to be @ work Monday morning!

;-P

IF Never say IF.

Have you never watched: "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown"

IF! Never say IF... When we win, you will want to be @ work Monday morning!

;-P

This

always

This has probably been said already (i apologize if it has), but I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that Jim Schwartz should know a wee bit more about their offense than they know about ours. And, he knows all about playing in Soldier Field. That should help.

This is exactly why the brought him on board for this season . To beat the Bears away. First game . Make a statement . Players get on board . media perks up those feral ears .

Bills are going to kick their monkeys a++es so bad they will miss lovie smith.

Thats how it begins . this year .

Rocky is onto something here .

In all honestly, I'm not so much worried about Cutler as I am that Bears run game with Matt Forte & Michael Bush. We will find out right away if that bills defense against the run has improved as much as we think it has with Peppers- Spikes.

The best way to nullify the Bills pass rush is to simply have Cutler hand it off most of the game, and have HC Marc Trestman pick his spots to have Cutler throw. The Bears did average 4.5 yards per carry last year.

On another note the Bears won their opening game at home against the Bengals last year, and it was all passing from both teams. Then they went on to win their first three games.

They actually cut Bush. They drafted Ka'Deem Carey and he is Forte's backup. I expect he will see a good share of carries too.

They actually cut Bush. They drafted Ka'Deem Carey and he is Forte's backup. I expect he will see a good share of carries too.

man, how do you keep up with all these transactions of other teams. I know I won't start looking at everything until at least August.

But, you are right. http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/players/playerpage/1824669/kadeem-carey

It is going to be a looong summer. He just inherited our team a couple months ago and recently we started talking sports. He is a die-hard Chicago sports fan and was going on and on about the Blackhawks being a dynasty (before they lost) and won't shut up about Cutler throwing for 5000 this year and Marshall/Jeffery being the best WR tandem in the NFL (he's probably right about that).... he followed it up by, on a team call today in which I learned one of the guys on the blended team is a Pats* fan, said to him that the Pats* automatically get 6 W's a yr in the AFCE and the Bills are terrible, etc.etc. I was silent, because I can't say anything about the Bills. No smack. How I wish that could change someday.

The list of things I would give up to beat the Bears in Chicago week 1 and make him shut up is veeery long. (he doesn't know anything about the Bills except for Sammy)

Cutler throwing for 5000 what? Feet? Inches? Interceptions?