t-mack the knife

it's the response that "the peoples republic of virginia" requires. i'm not actually a huge fan of n virginia due mostly to the traffic and congestion but that was just inflammatory. would it have been better if i mentioned the income demographics for that area? communist it isn't.

But i thought the wealthy were oppressive to the common people

But i thought the wealthy were oppressive to the common people

depends on how you define wealthy: http://www.npr.org/blogs/money/2012/09/26/161841771/how-income-divides-democrats-republicans-and-independents. avg income in fairfax county is north of 100K. yet it's now considered a solidly liberal district. the poor areas of the state are mostly reliably conservative what's your explanation?. it's not so straight forward. and it's not a liberal conspiracy on class warfare.

depends on how you define wealthy: http://www.npr.org/b...nd-independents. avg income in fairfax county is north of 100K. yet it's now considered a solidly liberal district. the poor areas of the state are mostly reliably conservative what's your explanation?. it's not so straight forward. and it's not a liberal conspiracy on class warfare.

I'm more interested in your objective defense of despotism.

I'm more interested in your objective defense of despotism.

He already defended it. He said it's necessary to govern Virginia.

I presume it's because the state legislature is obstructionist. Right, birddog?

He already defended it. He said it's necessary to govern Virginia.

I presume it's because the state legislature is obstructionist. Right, birddog?

Mmmm...

Good point.

I forgot about the universal State and Federal Constitutional provisions declaring absolute executive power in the event that the legislature doesn't agree with the executive.

King George wrote extensively about it in "anti"-Federalist and "anti"-anti-Federalist Papers.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

depends on how you define wealthy: http://www.npr.org/blogs/money/2012/09/26/161841771/how-income-divides-democrats-republicans-and-independents. avg income in fairfax county is north of 100K. yet it's now considered a solidly liberal district. the poor areas of the state are mostly reliably conservative what's your explanation?. it's not so straight forward. and it's not a liberal conspiracy on class warfare.

Inflammatory? ? GTFO...

How about the fact they are so uber wealthy up there is bc they are Government employees or Contractors? The Federal Government. ...largest employer in America. Man....they should just hire everybody. We'd all be living the dream in fancy McMansions.

Northern VA.....like Soviet Russia. You had the 'utopia' of the masses living in equal squalor, but then just outside those areas in suburbs lived a separate class of wealthy government bureaucrats and military personnel. Awesome.

And for the record, those "poor" conservative areas of VA.....they pale in comparison to the bastions of poverty brought on by entrenched liberalism in places like Detroit, Niagara Falls, Oakland, or Chiraq.

Edited by Big Blitz

And for the record, those "poor" conservative areas of VA.....they pale in comparison to the bastions of poverty brought on by entrenched liberalism in places like Detroit, Niagara Falls, Oakland, or Chiraq.

Don't worry, liberal "prosperity" is always just around the corner.

it's the response that "the peoples republic of virginia" requires.

Really? That's the thing that got your goat? What is it, your time of the month? You just basically defended tin pot dictatorship because the douche bag who did it happens to match up with your ideology. What would be your response if someone from the other party did the same thing? Don't bother responding, you "educated" guy, you. <_<

Inflammatory? ? GTFO...

How about the fact they are so uber wealthy up there is bc they are Government employees or Contractors? The Federal Government. ...largest employer in America. Man....they should just hire everybody. We'd all be living the dream in fancy McMansions.

Northern VA.....like Soviet Russia. You had the 'utopia' of the masses living in equal squalor, but then just outside those areas in suburbs lived a separate class of wealthy government bureaucrats and military personnel. Awesome.

so who would you having running the CIA, FBI and FDA? high school dropouts? The NSA? CDC? oh that's right, we don't need any of those troublesome institutions?

amd i guess you've never spent much time in appalachia.

so who would you having running the CIA, FBI and FDA? high school dropouts? The NSA? CDC? oh that's right, we don't need any of those troublesome institutions?

amd i guess you've never spent much time in appalachia.

His point was that your characterization of northern Virginians as anything other than pro-big government because of their earnings is intentionally dishonest, as the individuals living in that area are all directly dependent on big government for their livelyhoods.

Now, go back to defending despotism, if you would.

His point was that your characterization of northern Virginians as anything other than pro-big government because of their earnings is intentionally dishonest, as the individuals living in that area are all directly dependent on big government for their livelyhoods.

Now, go back to defending despotism, if you would.

hardly all individuals...

Turns out so are a lot of people in anti-government Mississippi, so what?

Looks like McAuliffe is taking a page right out of Obama's book and is trying to become emperor of Virginia. Questions for the trolls:

How are Republicans blocking access to health care for 400,000 people?

Whose face is the Iraq situation blowing up in?

What is this immigration reform that you speak of? In other words, what does it consist of?

Why do you lump hysteria and crazies in with Jesus? What part of Jesus's teachings do you object to?

Edited by 3rdnlng

VIRGINIA - Speaker rules invalid McAuliffe vetoes on Medicaid, judgeships

The House of Delegates sustained five budget vetoes of Gov. Terry McAuliffe, while refusing to consider vetoes related to funding for expansion of Medicaid and filling of judgeships as constitutionally invalid.

The House overrode one gubernatorial veto on a 70-27 vote, preventing McAuliffe from stripping funding for a new advisory council on conflicts of interest and ethics.

House Speaker William J. Howell, R-Stafford, ruled that McAuliffe could not veto amendments made to the budget on June 12 that stripped sum-sufficient funding for Medicaid expansion and inserted new language that requires the General Assembly to approve any appropriation of federal funding to pay for expanded health coverage of uninsured Virginians under the Affordable Care Act.

Howell said the language vetoed did not constitute a budget item, with a specific sum of money, and sought to eliminate conditions and restrictions adopted by the legislature without vetoing the entire budget. He said the veto was out of order, which prevents it from being considered by the Senate.

On judgeships, the speaker said the $20 million in supplemental funding for new and vacant judgeships could not be separated from other portions of the budget that finance the entire judiciary, making that veto also out of order.

(Excerpt) Read more at timesdispatch.com ...

http://nypost.com/2014/06/22/what-congress-can-do-about-obamas-rewriting-of-laws/

Presidents must exercise some discretion in interpreting laws, must have some latitude in allocating finite resources to the enforcement of laws and must have some freedom to act in the absence of law.

Obama, however, has perpetrated more than 40 suspensions of laws. Were presidents the sole judges of the limits of their latitude, they would effectively have plenary power to vitiate the separation of powers, the Founders’ bulwark against despotism.

Congress cannot reverse egregious executive aggressions such as Obama’s without robust judicial assistance. It is, however, difficult to satisfy the criteria that the Constitution and case law require for Congress to establish “standing” to seek judicial redress for executive usurpations injurious to the legislative institution.

Courts, understandably fearful of being inundated by lawsuits from small factions of disgruntled legislators, have been wary of granting legislative standing. However, David Rivkin, a Washington lawyer, and Elizabeth Price Foley of Florida International University have studied the case law and believe standing can be obtained conditional on four things:

That a majority of one congressional chamber explicitly authorize a lawsuit. That the lawsuit concern the president’s “benevolent” suspension of an unambiguous provision of law that, by pleasing a private faction, precludes the appearance of a private plaintiff. That Congress cannot administer political self-help by remedying the presidential action by simply repealing the law. And that the injury amounts to nullification of Congress’ power.

then mcaullife will back off.

Why? Why would he back off? I'm a complete moron and half of an idiot and I already know he has no reason to back off. Once it is proven illegal, unconstitutional and all it just means he turns the fire up more until he beats the dead horse and wins by attrition.

What he is doing is illegal, unconstitutional and he should be executed at high noon tomorrow for his arrogance.

Ok, and while we're playing this: Who the hell is going to fund all of this?

Why? Why would he back off? I'm a complete moron and half of an idiot and I already know he has no reason to back off. Once it is proven illegal, unconstitutional and all it just means he turns the fire up more until he beats the dead horse and wins by attrition.

What he is doing is illegal, unconstitutional and he should be executed at high noon tomorrow for his arrogance.

Ok, and while we're playing this: Who the hell is going to fund all of this?

The taxpayers of the Commonwealth of Virginia, like me