t-mack the knife

McAuliffe said the “moral imperative” to provide health insurance to the poor was forcing him to bypass the Republican-controlled General Assembly.

Any !@#$ who argues "moral imperative" trumps the law ought to be impeached.

So, are we a nation of laws or whims of politicians?

It depends. We requires laws to hold Republican politicians accountable, but Democratic whims are enlightened and intelligent enough to be a sufficient governing principle.

mccauliff ran and won on passing medicaid expansion. then this dirty puckett buy off http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/virginia-politics/us-probing-puckett-resignation-job-offers-in-va/2014/06/18/defa1a7a-f741-11e3-a606-946fd632f9f1_story.html?tid=hpModule_99d5f542-86a2-11e2-9d71-f0feafdd1394 of the deciding vote for reform happens making virginia politics look like louisiana's. when everyone's a cheat, you just go ahead and do the right thing despite them.

Edited by birdog1960

The Republicans are trying to prevent 400,000 people in the state from having access to health care. that's the Republican Party. That's who they are. The party that got it's war in Iraq and didn't know what to do when it all blew up in their faces, the party that will do anything to block immigration reform, the party of angry, mean spirited, vicious people. The party of hysteria, crazies and Jesus.

Looks like McAuliffe is taking a page right out of Obama's book and is trying to become emperor of Virginia. Questions for the trolls:

How are Republicans blocking access to health care for 400,000 people?

Whose face is the Iraq situation blowing up in?

What is this immigration reform that you speak of? In other words, what does it consist of?

Why do you lump hysteria and crazies in with Jesus? What part of Jesus's teachings do you object to?

Its been a pleasure down here watching Dems whine and cry foul over this...

The same party that needed the Louisiana Purchase 2, Cornhusker Kickback, and a new hospital in CT for Chris Dodd among other things: http://specialguests.com/guests/viewnews.cgi?id=EkylFVElVVmkHrHIlG&style=PrintFull&tmpl=fullprint just to pass the ACA.

Not to mention not one one person in Congress ran on CongressionalClusterFCare. Not even Obama. And not one R voted for it. But....I guess its bc Rs are racist.

The VA GOP isn't trying to prevent 400,000 (allegedly) Virginians from gaining access to health care. They're trying to help all the small businesses that can't compete with the likes of walmart or other big evil corporations that can afford it from being crushed bc they can't and to prevent rates from skyrocketing for people like me.

MacAuliffe ran on medicaid expansion? B.S. He ran on Cuccennili is an extremist that hates women and will take away your birth control. That was all you heard on the radio in the People's Republic of Northern Virginia.

Edited by Big Blitz

mccauliff ran and won on passing medicaid expansion. then this dirty puckett buy off http://www.washingto...71-f0feafdd1394 of the deciding vote for reform happens making virginia politics look like louisiana's. when everyone's a cheat, you just go ahead and do the right thing despite them.

So, the take away here is: If you're an executive who runs on a given platform, but can't achieve your goals legislatively, this creates a mandate for unitary executive action to proceed, as planned, against the legislature, and against the law.

Interesting.

I feel as though you're not going to be such as fan of this doctrine when Republicans hold executive authority.

So, the take away here is: If you're an executive who runs on a given platform, but can't achieve your goals legislatively, this creates a mandate for unitary executive action to proceed, as planned, against the legislature, and against the law.

Interesting.

I feel as though you're not going to be such as fan of this doctrine when Republicans hold executive authority.

the legality of his moves will be investigated. if they're found to be legal then i have no problem with them.

And if they're found to be not legal?

then mcaullife will back off.

Its been a pleasure down here watching Dems whine and cry foul over this...

The same party that needed the Louisiana Purchase 2, Cornhusker Kickback, and a new hospital in CT for Chris Dodd among other things: http://specialguests...mpl=fullprint just to pass the ACA.

Not to mention not one one person in Congress ran on CongressionalClusterFCare. Not even Obama. And not one R voted for it. But....I guess its bc Rs are racist.

The VA GOP isn't trying to prevent 400,000 (allegedly) Virginians from gaining access to health care. They're trying to help all the small businesses that can't compete with the likes of walmart or other big evil corporations that can afford it from being crushed bc they can't and to prevent rates from skyrocketing for people like me.

MacAuliffe ran on medicaid expansion? B.S. He ran on Cuccennili is an extremist that hates women and will take away your birth control. That was all you heard on the radio in the People's Republic of Northern Virginia.

http://www.timesdisp...isp...=story. plenty of other references to his stance on the campaig trail.

"the peoples republic of northern virginia"? uh,huh. northern virginia is more liberal than the rest of the state, in general. it's also distinct from most of the state in the average educational level achieved. i don't view either of those things as undesirable or suggestive of communism.

Edited by birdog1960

birddog, proving once again that you can't have an intelligent argument with the "educated."**

**Indoctrinated

it's the response that "the peoples republic of virginia" requires. i'm not actually a huge fan of n virginia due mostly to the traffic and congestion but that was just inflammatory. would it have been better if i mentioned the income demographics for that area? communist it isn't.