Pegula sells land for $1.75 Billion, Will Bid on Bills!

I'm not saying that isn't possible. I understand many owners main responsibility is to simply remain rich. And that's it. I'm looking at Pegula only. He does not seem to be the type of guy that will throw money into something and not be highly involved. It's Pegula I'm talking about. Not all owners.

And you know how TP operates how?

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not saying that isn't possible. I understand many owners main responsibility is too simply remain rich. And that's it. I'm looking at Pegula only. He does not seem to be the type of guy that will throw money into something and not be highly involved. It's Pegula I'm talking about. Not all owners.

Owning two sports franchises is just not that complicated. Especially if you have great people around you to with the expertise to help you make sound decisions. Pegula would be a great choice.

Part of the reason it backfired is Pegula meddling in free agency. Rumor is TP got involved in signing players like Leino, Regher and Erhoff. But TP is a hockey guy, not a football guy.

Oh right, Pegular made Darcy make bad trades. Who do you really think was most responsible for acquiring those three players?

Pegula liked Darcy. A lot of serious Sabres fans did and a lot didn't. A lot wondered if he could have done better with no money limits. It backfired, plain and simple, and it wasn't because Pegula meddled. Darcy had all kinds of chances.

Pegula is also already involved in the NFL. He owns a sports agency that represents NFL players (one of which is Marcel Dareus). The second one he has owned. He also lived in Orchard Park and went to Bills games.

Pegula is also already involved in the NFL. He owns a sports agency that represents NFL players (one of which is Marcel Dareus). The second one he has owned.

I didn't know this. If he also owned the Bills would that be a conflict of interest situation ... particularly when it came to Dareus for example?

Also the timing and the amount of the sale are indeed curious. But I wouldn't think he would need to, or would want to, liquidate that asset to buy the Bills unless his offer for the Bills was accepted. Which by all accounts could not have happened yet.

Edited by CodeMonkey

Owning two sports franchises is just not that complicated. Especially if you have great people around you to with the expertise to help you make sound decisions. Pegula would be a great choice.

As a Sabres fan, I would love it if he became the new owner of the Bills. Most of us have seen what he has done/doing for the Sabres and the hockey community. And I like to think he'd TRY to do the same for the Bills. So please do not think I do not want Pegula to be the new owner. If he bought the team, they'd probably be playing in Buffalo w/in x amount of years. I'm just trying to be realistic. Pegula seems to have a strong devotion to the Sabres, and that is a good thing. I also believe it's a reason why he won't buy the Bills. It's just a "gut feeling" I have.

Edited by thanes16

As a Sabres fan, I would love it if he became the new owner of the Bills. Most of us have seen what he has done/doing for the Sabres and the hockey community. And I like to think he'd TRY to do the same for the Bills. So please do not think I do not want Pegula to be the new owner. If he bought the team, they'd probably be playing in Buffalo w/in x amount of years. I'm just trying to be realistic. Pegula seems to have a strong devotion to the Sabres, and that is a good thing. I also believe it's a reason why he won't buy the Bills. It's just a "gut feeling" I have.

He seems to have an even stronger "devotion" to WNY based on his actions and previous public comments about not wanting the Bills to ever leave the area. Great thing is him having the wherewithal to do something to make sure it never happens. Time tells no lies, so we shall indeed see.

There are only 24 hours in a day. W/ everything Pegula is involved with, I just don't see how he'd have the time to own the Bills. Remember, owner's do have their responsibilities. Staff can only do so much.

This is only true if he is the sole owner.

Enter Galisano as a co-owner/minority share/stake owner. Galisano has the time, along with some others.

Hint: I'd be looking at a consortium of an ownership group here, all parties with vested interest not only in pro football, but a larger picture, if you will, of the WNY region. The goals/objectives of these "possible/potential" parties may vary slightly, but the end game "may" be tied together through some unseen by the public factors.

Just sayin...............

He seems to have an even stronger "devotion" to WNY based on his actions and previous public comments about not wanting the Bills to ever leave the area. Great thing is him having the wherewithal to do something to make sure it never happens. Time tells no lies, so we shall indeed see.

Agreed. I do think he very well may end up owning a % of the team.

Edited by thanes16

The Harbor Center is just the start, as I've mentioned before, there is movement behind the curtain. Power Brokers are placing themselves and their wealth in positions to really have an impact on WNY. These parties may or may not have shared visions.

This is only true if he is the sole owner.

Enter Galisano as a co-owner/minority share/stake owner. Galisano has the time, along with some others.

Hint: I'd be looking at a consortium of an ownership group here, all parties with vested interest not only in pro football, but a larger picture, if you will, of the WNY region. The goals/objectives of these "possible/potential" parties may vary slightly, but the end game "may" be tied together through some unseen by the public factors.

Just sayin...............

Golisano owns and runs Paychex. Is a philanthropist who has a foundation in his name that donates large sums of money to various causes and institutions. Is soon to be married and resides in Florida, not NY anymore. Where are you getting the information that he has all this free time?

Golisano owns and runs Paychex. Is a philanthropist who has a foundation in his name that donates large sums of money to various causes and institutions. Is soon to be married and resides in Florida, not NY anymore. Where are you getting the information that he has all this free time?

He moved his residency to a state without a personal income tax that was costing him 14k a day. I have to say, I would do the same if it was costing me that amount of money. You know what you failed to point out however, his love for this region, his fight to lower those taxes and oh, take a looky there, his pachecks business is still in the Rochester area and has no plans of leaving.

Edit: And to your question of free time, any individual who has the time to make a gubernatorial run has some time. Those runs aren't long term commitments, they run withing the cycle time between elections. He's a billionaire, he has some spare time on his hands.

Edited by HopefulFuture

There is a below 0% chance a stadium would be built on the other side of the border. Somewhere in the -1,000,000,000% range. Right...Bills are going to inconvenience their fans to have to cross a border twice. Are you smoking crack??

:wacko::blink:

do you literally mean a -1,000,000,000% chance?

curious .... How many Canadian fans cross the border weekly to attend Bills Functions?

:wacko::blink:

do you literally mean a -1,000,000,000% chance?

curious .... How many Canadian fans cross the border weekly to attend Bills Functions?

When I had season tickets I did it all the time.

Even now that I dont have season tickets, I still go to Buffalo a lot for Duffs wings and just to shop

CBF

Especially if he retains Brandon as CEO, who is already running the Bills in an "owner" type role.

When I had season tickets I did it all the time.

Even now that I dont have season tickets, I still go to Buffalo a lot for Duffs wings and just to shop

CBF

Which is why Canadian fans don't mind crossing the border. They get to take advantage of much lower prices on consumer goods.

Oh right, Pegular made Darcy make bad trades. Who do you really think was most responsible for acquiring those three players?

Pegula liked Darcy. A lot of serious Sabres fans did and a lot didn't. A lot wondered if he could have done better with no money limits. It backfired, plain and simple, and it wasn't because Pegula meddled. Darcy had all kinds of chances.

Pegula is also already involved in the NFL. He owns a sports agency that represents NFL players (one of which is Marcel Dareus). The second one he has owned. He also lived in Orchard Park and went to Bills games.

Can you give me a list of these "bad trades" you speak of? Is one getting the Islanders #1 pick plus Matt Moulson for Vanek? Or how about getting a #1 from Nashville for Paul friggin' Gausted?

As for TP's involvement obviously you must have been in a coma when he was flying his private jet to meet with all these crappy free agent signings and convince them to come to Buffalo and allow him to make them wealthy.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

I was just thinking about it; what else could possibly be his motivation? Why would he liquidate that unless he wanted to be in position to be a cash buyer?

could be market conditions, the price of natural gas, etc. might not have anything to do with the Bills. don't mean to be a downer...just stating facts. you get rich by buying when the time is right...and selling when the time is right