favorite "sleeper" movie

"Poolhall Junkies" and "A Perfect Getaway"

CBF

if I guess where you got your shoes, you have to give me a job...

Ok, but your never gonna guess it because I bought these shoes when I was on a cruise in international water...

Well that's all fine, but I didn't say I was gonna tell you where you bought your shoes. I said I would tell you where you got your shoes. And right now, you got your shoes on your feet.

OMG I love that movie. Pretty bad acting, but great movie regardless. The main character was also the director and writer I believe. And he's a semi pro pool player. I think I heard that all somewhere.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if I guess where you got your shoes, you have to give me a job...

Ok, but your never gonna guess it because I bought these shoes when I was on a cruise in international water...

Well that's all fine, but I didn't say I was gonna tell you where you bought your shoes. I said I would tell you where you got your shoes. And right now, you got your shoes on your feet.

OMG I love that movie. Pretty bad acting, but great movie regardless. The main character was also the director and writer I believe. And he's a semi pro pool player. I think I heard that all somewhere.

I'm glad someone else has heard of this movie!

One of my favorites!

CBF

Swimming With Sharks - Starring Kevin Spacey and Doug Whaley's brother Frank.

The Big Kahuna - Another under the radar Spacey flick with Danny DeVito

Suburbia - Obscure movie based on the play by Eric Bogosian and Directed by Richard Linklater (Dazed and Confused), and starring Giovanni Ribisi and Steve Zahn. This one takes a few viewings to really appreciate.

Not a sleeper.

It was the little movie that could, a la, "My Big Fat Greek Wedding". It got big box office numbers and a Best Picture nomination.

whatever it was, i really liked that one. and it flew completely under my radar as i had never heard of it until a couple years after it was out and was very pleasantly surprised by it. i have never seen the greek wedding...seemed a bit too chick-flicky just by the title.

whatever it was, i really liked that one. and it flew completely under my radar as i had never heard of it until a couple years after it was out and was very pleasantly surprised by it. i have never seen the greek wedding...seemed a bit too chick-flicky just by the title.

Greek Wedding is a big chick flick, but it is quite funny.

Greek Wedding is a big chick flick, but it is quite funny.

my all time favorite chick flick was "definitely, maybe". don't know if it qualifies as a sleeper, but there was just something about that movie. maybe it's ryan reynalds, because i also really liked "just friends". both really good as far as romantic comedies go.

my all time favorite chick flick was "definitely, maybe". don't know if it qualifies as a sleeper, but there was just something about that movie. maybe it's ryan reynalds, because i also really liked "just friends". both really good as far as romantic comedies go.

if were talking chick flicks:

How to lose a guy in 10 days

40 days and 40 nights

Say Anything

Serendipity

Also, Bridesmaids

meh. That movie was hilarious. I would t call it a sleeper or a chick flick though. Was just a good comedy. It would be like girls calling The Hangover a guy flick. Doesn't seem right.

does "idiocracy" count as a sleeper? that's another movie that i had never heard of before having watched it. that is always the best, seeing a movie and having no preconceived bias or opinion. and by the way, "idiocracy" is one of the scariest movies i have ever seen. just imagine that future!

if were talking chick flicks:

How to lose a guy in 10 days

40 days and 40 nights

Say Anything

Serendipity

I'll add:

"Crazy, Stupid, Love"

"When Harry Met Sally"

"Forget Paris"

does "idiocracy" count as a sleeper? that's another movie that i had never heard of before having watched it. that is always the best, seeing a movie and having no preconceived bias or opinion. and by the way, "idiocracy" is one of the scariest movies i have ever seen. just imagine that future!

Never heard of it. Who's in it and when did it come out?