It's not exactly a day at the beach...

Beerball

Not to take this sideways, but lately I've been kinda stunned at how many people don't think twice about tossing trash on the ground here.

Yesterday I walked by a woman in a parked car who unwrapped something, crumbled up the wrapper and just dropped it out her window as I was walking by. Another guy last week was coming out of the grocery story, tore the top off his bag of potato chips and dropped it on the ground as he kept walking. And weeks ago, the driver of a in front of me at a light threw a fast-food soda cup out his window into the bush in the median.

In each case I stopped to pick up the trash, but I thought we shamed people to stop littering 40 year ago?

I guess Generation Selfie strikes again.

"This is how Shenzhen's Dameisha Beach—in China—looks at the end of the annual Dragon Boat Festival. Some 780,000 people dumped more than 362 tons of trash in just one weekend."

I suppose it is no different anywhere else given those numbers.

That's why they have a working class to pick up the trash. ;) I guess many haven't seen the parking lot of The Ralph after a game? :doh: You could feed a 3rd world country.

My nephews would make 40 bucks in cans alone... Picking up only the ones they wanted... My sister-in-law would drive them around the parking lots in the minivan after the game... :lol:

My nephews would make 40 bucks in cans alone... Picking up only the ones they wanted... My sister-in-law would drive them around the parking lots in the minivan after the game... :lol:

I grew up "across the street" from a state park. When NY first enacted the 5 cent return, I would bike over early in the morning and pick cans and bottles out of the trash in the picnic areas. Would easily get $15-$20 a weekend for just a couple hours of work.

Every so gel product thy we have ok the earth comes from the earth. It can go back into the earth just as easily. It just may take millions of years. But the earth goes in cycles. It's just the way it is. Eventually it'll all come around.

Damn treehuggers!

All seriousness, this is ridiculous, but a few wrappers here and there IMO is nothing.

Edited by mrags

Chinatown is the trashiest part of SF. By far.

Yeah what's up with the Chinese? My brother-in-law said when he went to a zoo in China... People would throw stuff at the animals while taunting them. Really? He was appalled, and we Americans get slack! Oh wait, wasn't it @ the San Fran zoo where those guys were eaten by the tigers for poking them?

Bottom line is humans can be idiots*.

*used under license from DCTom

Yeah what's up with the Chinese? My brother-in-law said when he went to a zoo in China... People would throw stuff at the animals while taunting them. Really? He was appalled, and we Americans get slack! Oh wait, wasn't it @ the San Fran zoo where those guys were eaten by the tigers for poking them?

Bottom line is humans can be idiots*.

*used under license from DCTom

I only licensed that for use with gatorman.

I grew up "across the street" from a state park. When NY first enacted the 5 cent return, I would bike over early in the morning and pick cans and bottles out of the trash in the picnic areas. Would easily get $15-$20 a weekend for just a couple hours of work.

the homeless (aka bums) used to do that hourly in both Webster park and Durand park. Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever