Senator Gillibrand and the Bills

I have seen her on TV and she is a total ditzy bimbo. She can't string a sentence together without sounding like a valley girl.

At least Schumer is an in your face obnoxious jerk which is a strategy which might work to "keep the Bills in Buffalo" which is Schumer talk for "get myself more power by being able to remind everyone that I kept the Bills in Buffalo". Cuomo is effective and knows how to play the game. I don't think Gillibrand brings anything to the table so why sit at the table? Her political family wanted her to be congresswoman/senator/president someday. The less she talks, the better her chances.

Edited by 4merper4mer

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cuomo and Schumer have been relatively strong and vocal in their views with regard to the sale of the Bills and keeping the Bills in Buffalo. Has Senator Gillibrand spoken a word on this? Very disappointing.

Maybe she doesn't think the Bills are all that important in the grand scheme of things and is letting Senator Chuckles do all the grandstanding.

She also could not agree with spending tax money on a new stadium. I know I don't. But no one gives a **** if I do or not, but they would care about her making such a statement.

As Abraham Lincoln said, Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt. Something Senator Chuckles might want to consider in general.

Edited by CodeMonkey

I am under the impression that Gillibrand is pretty bright and works hard. She champions some high profile causes such as the way sexual assaults are handled in the military. I also believe she is a stereotypical old school, big government Democrat. I do not want her anywhere near the Bills or football in general. I would be afraid that she would make a fuss over concussions, medical coverage, pensions, profit sharing, and many other serious issues that will at some point cause major changes and lead to the demise of the game we love.

The other NYS US Senator.

From a political standpoint, she is creating political suicide by not creating a united front, standing behind Schumer at conferences, It is important for her to let Schumer and Cuomo grandstand, but she should be making the trips and stand behind them stating we are all together during Q & A.

She won't get one vote out of Western NY if she does not. If I were her opponent in re-election would blast her daily on this point. If there is one thing Buffalonians are passionate about is the Bills.

LOL

As if she needs WNY. Besides, the incumbancy reelection rate is 98%.

I am under the impression that Gillibrand is pretty bright and works hard. She champions some high profile causes such as the way sexual assaults are handled in the military. I also believe she is a stereotypical old school, big government Democrat. I do not want her anywhere near the Bills or football in general. I would be afraid that she would make a fuss over concussions, medical coverage, pensions, profit sharing, and many other serious issues that will at some point cause major changes and lead to the demise of the game we love.

If she is so smart then why can't she like totally finish a sentence without like totally sounding like Cher from Clueless you know?

And before we get the politics police going again I think Sarah Palin is a bimbo too. I do not think Hillary or Condi are ditzy so don't start calling me a massage artist.

Anyway you are probably right about the ditz senator wanting to take over football and make it girly. Her shot at the military is predictable and the sexual assault thing is just the supposed reason. It is a red hair ring for her real goal of having congress, meaning her, in charge of everything.

The Bills stadium situation is not a huge issue outside of the WNY or with non Bills fans. I'm hoping she has more important things to work on. She is very busy and has done good things in her position. She is undeserving of criticism in this instance.

There is nothing more important...

Some real empty defense of a puppet Senator just because you agree with her views.

Worth repeating.

As to the stadium, our state representatives can posture and bloviate, but in the end they do not want NYS only NFL team to leave.

Build a stadium out by UB (for multiple uses) and lets get on with it.

If she is so smart then why can't she like totally finish a sentence without like totally sounding like Cher from Clueless you know?

And before we get the politics police going again I think Sarah Palin is a bimbo too. I do not think Hillary or Condi are ditzy so don't start calling me a massage artist.

Anyway you are probably right about the ditz senator wanting to take over football and make it girly. Her shot at the military is predictable and the sexual assault thing is just the supposed reason. It is a red hair ring for her real goal of having congress, meaning her, in charge of everything.

is it okay if we call you the worst phonetic speller ever?

Some real empty defense of a puppet Senator just because you agree with her views.

I've been previously warned by the moderators about getting into lengthy political debates on this site. I'm surprised this thread hasn't yet been moved to PPP.

I've been previously warned by the moderators about getting into lengthy political debates on this site. I'm surprised this thread hasn't yet been moved to PPP.

Well even most of the politically motivated posts mention either the Bills or the stadium.

Red hair ring? Do you mean "red herring"? Now that was funny.

"Red hair ring" refers to a way to divert attention from the real topic. It originated in the Nordic in the late 1500s when warriors were given R&R at local brothels.

The commanders would let the troops select the girls first but still wanted the more attractive blonde Nordic girls for themselves. They would fool the rank and file into leaving the Nordic prostitutes alone by telling them that the Irish imports were skilled in the fine arts of satisfaction. Although untrue, the ruse always worked. The Madams were in on this and divided the girls into groups in separate rooms for selection. Inevitably word had spread among the lower ranks and invariably they came in asking the Madams to see the "Red Hair Ring" which was what the room full of Irish chicks was called. The commanders would follow and get the Nordics that they had wanted all along and had been largely left alone by the troops.

This term is now known for anything that throws someone off the track.

A Red Herring is a fish but that should be obvious.

Edited by 4merper4mer

"Red hair ring" refers to a way to divert attention from the real topic. It originated in the Nordic in the late 1500s when warriors were given R&R at local brothels.

The commanders would let the troops select the girls first but still wanted the more attractive blonde Nordic girls for themselves. They would fool the rank and file into leaving the Nordic prostitutes alone by telling them that the Irish imports were skilled in the fine arts of satisfaction. Although untrue, the ruse always worked. The Madams were in on this and divided the girls into groups in separate rooms for selection. Inevitably word had spread among the lower ranks and invariably they came in asking the Madams to see the "Red Hair Ring" which was what the room full of Irish chicks was called. The commanders would follow and get the Nordics that they had wanted all along and had been largely left alone by the troops.

This term is now known for anything that throws someone off the track.

A Red Herring is a fish but that should be obvious.

I was wondering how that originated.