Obama Missing Out On Good Publicity, Could Do What's Right

This guy made an innocent mistake and is being treated like he is in the Hanoi Hilton. All Obama has to do is have a "come to Jesus" talk with whoever the !@#$ is the president down there now and the Sergeant would be back in the USA within hours.

http://www.conservative-daily.com/2014/05/30/obama-and-congress-surrender-a-us-marine/

U.S. Marine Sergeant Andrew Tahmooressi is still imprisoned in a Mexican jail, all because he made a wrong turn on the way to a VA hospital and accidentally entered Mexico with his legally purchased and registered firearms.

His plight while confined within the Tijuana jail is absolutely heartbreaking. He has been beaten, stripped naked, and chained to a bed for so long that when he actually tried to stand up, he actually couldn't physically do it! He has been stabbed by inmates, assaulted, and because the situation was too much to bear, Sgt. Tahmooressi allegedly even tried to commit suicide while chained naked to his bed.

I don't condone suicide, but can you really blame him? He faces decades, if not life, in prison all because he accidentally made a wrong turn and accidentally brought his legal firearms into Mexico. Hell, Eric Holder brought thousands of guns into Mexico illegally, and he got a commendation for it! This is a man who served his country and now feels that his country has abandoned him in his time of need…

Sgt. Andrew Tahmooressi is a war hero who served two tours in Afghanistan over four years. I’m not using that term “hero” lightly, either. While serving, he saved eight Marines from the Taliban, and in a separate incident, he saved a Marine who was bleeding to death after stepping on an IED. The man is a bonafide hero; however the State Department still refuses to intervene on his behalf! Obama is releasing thousands of illegal immigrant criminals from prison, but he won't even fight to free one U.S. Marine from a Mexican jail! We must bring this Marine home!

The case has draw attention from several U.S. lawmakers and U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry, who told CNN Wednesday that he spoke with Mexican authorities about it last week.

"We are working on determining whether or not certain evidence that has been presented is meeting the standard that's necessary to be able to hold that young Marine, and we're trying to find out exactly what the fact pattern is, but we are working on that," he told Chris Cuomo on CNN's "New Day."

http://www.cnn.com/2014/05/28/us/mexico-marine/

Looks like a fellow combat vet is on the case

A few reasons why he is ignoring this. First like I've said before, he has no love for the military. Second the guy is white. Third the guy had guns. Barry doesn't like guns. Now #bringbackourgirls? Nigerien chicks have more value than US citizen that is a marine on top of it all.

Edited by Dante

A few reasons why he is ignoring this. First like I've said before, he has no love for the military. Second the guy is white. Third the guy had guns. Barry doesn't like guns. Now #bringbackourgirls? Nigerien chicks have more value than US citizen that is a marine on top of it all.

you know, you've got a point there. the president hasn't even begun a hashtag campaign to raise awareness of Tahmooressi's incarceration.

#returnoursoldier

• 1 month later...

http://conservative-daily.com/2014/07/12/obama-wont-rescue-imprisoned-marine/

The law states that “whenever it is made known to the President that any citizen of the United States has been unjustly deprived of his liberty by or under the authority of any foreign government, it shall be the duty of the President forthwith to demand of that government the reasons of such imprisonment; and if it appears to be wrongful and in violation of the rights of American citizenship, the President shall forthwith demand the release of such citizen, and if the release so demanded is unreasonably delayed or refused, the President shall use such means, not amounting to acts of war and not otherwise prohibited by law, as he may think necessary and proper to obtain or effectuate the release; and all the facts and proceedings relative thereto shall as soon as practicable be communicated by the President to Congress.”

Tell Congress that We the People refuse to abandon Sgt. Andrew Tahmooressi! Demand that they do everything in their power to secure this brave marine’s release!

By ignoring Sgt. Tahmooressi’s plight, Obama is violating the law. He has an obligation to do everything in his power to help this Marine. He has a DUTY under the law to do everything in his power to secure Sgt. Andrew Tahmooressi’s release, short of starting a war!

And when President Obama had a long conversation with Mexican President Enrique Pena Nieto, at no time in the conversation did he mention Andrew Tahmooressi’s plight.

He has a legal DUTY to make that inquiry. And if he had made that inquiry, Obama would have realized that Sgt. Tahmooressi’s detainment was unjust.

The law is clear. The President has a duty to help Americans who are unjustly imprisoned outside of the United States. It is truly remarkable how even when it comes to something like this, Barack Obama is blatantly ignoring and violating the law.

http://conservative-...risoned-marine/

The law states that “whenever it is made known to the President that any citizen of the United States has been unjustly deprived of his liberty by or under the authority of any foreign government, it shall be the duty of the President forthwith to demand of that government the reasons of such imprisonment; and if it appears to be wrongful and in violation of the rights of American citizenship, the President shall forthwith demand the release of such citizen, and if the release so demanded is unreasonably delayed or refused, the President shall use such means, not amounting to acts of war and not otherwise prohibited by law, as he may think necessary and proper to obtain or effectuate the release; and all the facts and proceedings relative thereto shall as soon as practicable be communicated by the President to Congress.”

Tell Congress that We the People refuse to abandon Sgt. Andrew Tahmooressi! Demand that they do everything in their power to secure this brave marine’s release!

By ignoring Sgt. Tahmooressi’s plight, Obama is violating the law. He has an obligation to do everything in his power to help this Marine. He has a DUTY under the law to do everything in his power to secure Sgt. Andrew Tahmooressi’s release, short of starting a war!

And when President Obama had a long conversation with Mexican President Enrique Pena Nieto, at no time in the conversation did he mention Andrew Tahmooressi’s plight.

He has a legal DUTY to make that inquiry. And if he had made that inquiry, Obama would have realized that Sgt. Tahmooressi’s detainment was unjust.

The law is clear. The President has a duty to help Americans who are unjustly imprisoned outside of the United States. It is truly remarkable how even when it comes to something like this, Barack Obama is blatantly ignoring and violating the law.

The law is clear. Tahmooressi has been incarcerated for violating Mexican law and hasn't been denied due process. He hasn't been unjustly deprived of liberty.

The law is clear. Tahmooressi has been incarcerated for violating Mexican law and hasn't been denied due process. He hasn't been unjustly deprived of liberty.

And you don't think the POTUS should try to get him released? It's been a long time since I've crossed at that spot so I can't say for sure that the signs are confusing, in fact I'd have no reason to remember since we always left our vehicle on the U.S. side and took a taxi. Anyway he told the customs guy at the time he crossed that he had made a mistake and had weapons in his possession. Don't you think the president could make a good faith effort to get him back? Hell, he traded 5 really bad guys for a deserter and is treating gang members better than our Marine Sgt.

And you don't think the POTUS should try to get him released? It's been a long time since I've crossed at that spot so I can't say for sure that the signs are confusing, in fact I'd have no reason to remember since we always left our vehicle on the U.S. side and took a taxi. Anyway he told the customs guy at the time he crossed that he had made a mistake and had weapons in his possession. Don't you think the president could make a good faith effort to get him back? Hell, he traded 5 really bad guys for a deserter and is treating gang members better than our Marine Sgt.

No, I don't think so. I also agreed with the caning of Michael Fay, and the Iranian detainment of those three morons who hiked across the Iran-Iraq border, for that matter. There's no international legal principle of "I'm not responsible for breaking your laws, because I'm an American and an idiot."

No, I don't think so. I also agreed with the caning of Michael Fay, and the Iranian detainment of those three morons who hiked across the Iran-Iraq border, for that matter. There's no international legal principle of "I'm not responsible for breaking your laws, because I'm an American and an idiot."

t

It's Ok, you have the perfect right to be a dick.

• 3 months later...

Fox News’ Greta Van Susteren has made tireless efforts to bring Sgt. Tahmooressi’s imprisonment in Mexico to President Obama’s attention.

Yesterday, Tahmooressi was released, and Van Susteren says diplomatic pressure from officials in the Obama administration had nothing to do with it:

a66d8dc94d14f8a35aa0bb5bc6d5e795_bigger.pngGreta Van SusterenVerified account @greta

Pressure from Obama admin had nothing to do with Sgt. Tahmooressi’s release

http://politicalrift...elease …

Retweets 116 Favorites 84

10:09 AM - 1 Nov 2014

A missed opportunity for the President obviously

Edited by B-Man

A missed opportunity for the President obviously

This surprised me, actually, because getting Tahmooressi out was just the kind of mindless low hanging fruit thing that even Obama couldn't screw up.

And yet he did.

Funny how he'll trade five terrorists for a military deserter, but has no desire to help a good Marine who simply took a wrong turn near the border.

Funny how he'll trade five terrorists for a military deserter, but has no desire to help a good Marine who simply took a wrong turn near the border.

Yeah but Tahmooressi is a military veteran and a gun owner. Not exactly the kind of people Obama wants in his America